Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Problem is the EOS-M lens lineup is doodoo compared with Fuji, m43, or Sony, unless you’re adapting EOS lenses, in which case what’s the point?

I liked the M3 when I had it last year, there’s just no room to grow the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

harperdc posted:

Problem is the EOS-M lens lineup is doodoo compared with Fuji, m43, or Sony, unless you’re adapting EOS lenses, in which case what’s the point?

I get to use my L-Glass without any issue, unlike if I had to adapt it to other systems? (Like on my Sony cameras?)

Not seeing the problem here frankly - If there is one thing Canon have done right is making sure the EF lenses work without any issues on RF and M. An M6 mk II wont replace my 1D or 7D mk II but it will make a neato small and light replacement to the 7D original.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I get to use my L-Glass without any issue, unlike if I had to adapt it to other systems? (Like on my Sony cameras?)

Not seeing the problem here frankly - If there is one thing Canon have done right is making sure the EF lenses work without any issues on RF and M. An M6 mk II wont replace my 1D or 7D mk II but it will make a neato small and light replacement to the 7D original.

I don’t/didn’t have L glass, and part of the reason I got a MILC was to carry it easily everywhere. It got too bulky even with the Tamron 18-55. Compared to the Fuji XT30 and 18-55 I have now, it was a bigger combo.

The M isn’t a bad camera but it has limitations, which I bumped into. Others may not.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

harperdc posted:

EOS RF system: What's the point.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Something like the 135 f2 or even the 85 1.2 ii works better adopted on the a7r2/a73r with higher eye hit rate than the crappy af on the 5d4 :confused:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Canon end up making gigantic lenses that's hilariously unbalanced and defeats the main size benefit of mirrorless bodies.
At the same time they pretty much completely ignored the development for regular EF line to price gouge the RF users.

Not to mention they are basically just recycling the sensor from 5d4 and 6d2 into the r and rp :downsbravo:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Encrypted posted:

Canon end up making gigantic lenses that's hilariously unbalanced and defeats the main size benefit of mirrorless bodies.
I see this a lot and I don't think it's true. For small-sensor bodies, yes taking out the mirror box does give you a significant size reduction. For full-frame, not so much. By the time you've put in all the stuff that goes around a full-frame sensor, all the heatsinks, additional card slots, room for a high-capacity battery or two, and then you balance it so that it's comfortable to hold, you don't really have a camera that's much smaller than a DSLR. Mirrorless full-frame cameras aren't running on size as their main selling point.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Encrypted posted:

Something like the 135 f2 or even the 85 1.2 ii works better adopted on the a7r2/a73r with higher eye hit rate than the crappy af on the 5d4 :confused:

Sorry but my 70-200 just does not work as sweetly on a Sony as any Canon - and forget the 100-400 or other larger glass. I'm well aware the situation is better for shorter focal lengths but my glass isnt short.

quote:

That kinda is a silly thing to say esp when large heavy lenses exist for other mount systems.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
I have no problem balancing things because i have had to balance my huge magnum dong all these years.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Sorry but my 70-200 just does not work as sweetly on a Sony as any Canon - and forget the 100-400 or other larger glass. I'm well aware the situation is better for shorter focal lengths but my glass isnt short.

That kinda is a silly thing to say esp when large heavy lenses exist for other mount systems.

the 70-200 2.8 II and the 100-400 II works fine with the sigma adapter on the r2/r3 though, and yeah the large glass exist for other system but the thing is so far there are all large glasses with nothing light and good

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Encrypted posted:

the 70-200 2.8 II and the 100-400 II works fine with the sigma adapter on the r2/r3 though,

That is not my experience with a A7III / A9 and a 70-200 I / 100-400 II. Borrowed kit (mostly - the 702--200 I and 100-400 II are mine) it may have been but I have doubts even with more experience with the bodies I would have improved much. I found both adapted to Sony slow and not precise with many failures to autofocus at all.

I found the mk I 70-200 is not really adaptable and hence to be fair (and I'll replace it at some point) I did give a newer loaned 70-200 III a shot and while it had some ability to work it was simply not what I expect natively. Any newer lens below 105 on the other hand.... fairly happy.

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Yeah most of the older lenses doesn't work that well and even the non telephoto 50mm 1.2L were finicky. But the newer firmware on both the metabone and sigma adapters have improved them, especially for the newer lens. So make sure you have the latest firmware possible on the adapters if you ever try them out.

Also the dynamic range and resolution on the a7r2/3 without aa filter using 100-400ii is just amazing for landscape.

Helen Highwater posted:

I see this a lot and I don't think it's true. For small-sensor bodies, yes taking out the mirror box does give you a significant size reduction. For full-frame, not so much. By the time you've put in all the stuff that goes around a full-frame sensor, all the heatsinks, additional card slots, room for a high-capacity battery or two, and then you balance it so that it's comfortable to hold, you don't really have a camera that's much smaller than a DSLR. Mirrorless full-frame cameras aren't running on size as their main selling point.

Oh yeah the sony is about 2/3 the weight of the 5d4 while the regular EF 24-70 II is 805grams but the RF 28-70 is 1430 grams. Yeah the extra weight is from the f2 aperture but they still haven't bothered to release a general 24-70 2.8 version yet

:xbox:

Also dont get me started on their decision to gouge every user for separate IS on each lens and not bothered to release the improved 85mm with BR element for EF mount.

Seems like they see the new mirrorless market as another way to part money from their clients while not really understanding why people kinda stopped buying their DSLRs and thinking that they can still pull their old tricks with the new mount.

Encrypted fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 9, 2019

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010

Big Mackson posted:

I have no problem balancing things because i have had to balance my huge magnum dong all these years.

you missed a golden opportunity to call it a man canon and that's just not acceptable.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Encrypted posted:

Also dont get me started on their decision to gouge every user for separate IS on each lens .
I don't think it's gouging. Canon simply have a long running preference for OIS (IBIS makes less sense on a DSLR because it doesn't stabilise the optical viewfinder. ) that left them too late starting to develop IBIS and they don't have a sellable product yet.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
fwiw there is a regular RF 24-70 F2.8 that'll be available around a month from now that's comparable in size/weight to the EF equivalent. Yeah it's dumb that it took a year for the lens to exist, but I get that they would want to push sales of the F2 lens as much as possible first.

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009

sildargod posted:

you missed a golden opportunity to call it a man canon and that's just not acceptable.

i am the fool and the clown now :negative:

I found it very easy to photograph with Helios lens, having a 10x magnifier in liveview makes manual focusing easy.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Encrypted posted:

the 70-200 2.8 II and the 100-400 II works fine with the sigma adapter on the r2/r3 though

Encrypted posted:

For anything of consequence, the 70-200 2.8 II on a Sigma adapter on either an A7III or A7RIII is effectively unusable. The focus hunting and unreliability make it really only a choice for still life.

Eye AF is definitely a huge pro for Sony, but I'd argue the 5D4's AF is far from crappy. The 50 1.2 and 85 1.8 work pretty well with Eye AF, but its ability to lock is hampered by lower light and at distances, and AF tracking speed in general using the adapter is noticeable slower than native. For example, tracking a couple briskly walking down the aisle at the end of the ceremony is about the limit for the 50 1.2 + Sigma adapter + A7RIII at the distance of framing the couple waist-up -- and that's expanded large point lock-on AF, not Eye AF.

It's a game-changer, for sure, but it's not as perfect and superior as you make it out to be in comparison to Canon's native offerings.

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

Encrypted posted:

Oh yeah the sony is about 2/3 the weight of the 5d4 while the regular EF 24-70 II is 805grams but the RF 28-70 is 1430 grams. Yeah the extra weight is from the f2 aperture but they still haven't bothered to release a general 24-70 2.8 version yet

I have an EOS R which weighs 660g, the EF to RF control ring adapter which weighs 130g, and a Sigma 105/1.4 Art which weighs 1750g with all the accessories. When combined, 2540g / ~5.6lbs. The EOS R weighs just enough to prevent the center of balance from being the tripod mount on the 105/1.4. :v:

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

windex posted:

I have an EOS R which weighs 660g, the EF to RF control ring adapter which weighs 130g, and a Sigma 105/1.4 Art which weighs 1750g with all the accessories. When combined, 2540g / ~5.6lbs. The EOS R weighs just enough to prevent the center of balance from being the tripod mount on the 105/1.4. :v:

Man, Sigma just does not give a poo poo about lens sizes do they?

I can only imagine their engineers producing a great 85mm that weighs 800 grams, only to have Kazuto Yamaki walk in, pick it up, scoff, and go "What is this, a lens for ants?"

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
The apsc mirrorless lenses they offer are reasonable enough, and the newer f1.4 set are coming to ef-m. Faster, larger, more expensive options for full frame, more budget friendly stuff for apsc seems like a good strategy.

I wonder if they will come out with more full frame f2.8 lenses to pair with the fp, instead of a new line of compact cameras.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I would hope that Tamron does a RF version of the 28-75mm that they made for sony. God drat that thing is sharp, quick, light and small. A good example of what’s possible if you actually try to design a good mirrorless lens from the ground up.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

KinkyJohn posted:

I would hope that Tamron does a RF version of the 28-75mm that they made for sony. God drat that thing is sharp, quick, light and small. A good example of what’s possible if you actually try to design a good mirrorless lens from the ground up.
Honestly, the RF 35mm f/1.8 macro is one of my favorite lenses, without stuff like that, the RF mount would be just a gimmick.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm starting to sell off my less used EF lenses because momentum seems to be in full swing away from DSLR and it would be nice to get as much as I can out of my gear before prices tank.

I ain't migrating to anything new anytime soon but poo poo is heating up.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

do you think prices will actually tank hard? that has got to be a stressful situation for anyone sitting around with a large amount of SLR glass.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For the prosumer stuff, sure. Paid professionals with top end glass will take forever to give up on their DSLR collection so prices on that will stay high for a long time.

But the lower end gear already suffers from more depreciation, and when a mass migration starts it's only going to get worse.

edit - this is just me being an armchair economist. Someone who regularly deals with lens sales will be way more authoritative but I don't know any of them so made my own prediction!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I *really* doubt EF lenses esp L-Glass will tank in price. Still highly useful and top quality and I'll give Canon one thing, they have adapters that just work. Even while they focus on RF mounts, they have made sure EF investments arent wasted.

The D-SLR bodies on the other hand? Those I could see going through the floor - Esp after Nikon / Canon finally get pro level mirrorless out the door and Sony release more A7 / A9 versions

Edit : As well as Canon actually now releasing mirrorless consumer worth a drat.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 11, 2019

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I say bring on the glut of cheap used APS-C lenses so I can benefit from them! I'd love to pick up a 17-55 2.8 at a decent price point.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Yeah, for me personally it would be exciting to see lower prices on "nerdy hobbyist" level gear. My 20D and kit lenses are perfectly fine but you know, gotta make number go up...

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
Probably been done to death in here already but...

I want a spare battery for my 80D, a simple task one would think.

It appears my options are thus

£75 genuine Canon battery from Wex etc
£55 "genuine" Canon battery from Amazon (reviews are split on if its genuine or not and I don't trust positive reviews on Amazon)
£~20 knockoffs on Amazon.

What's the play here?

the_lion
Jun 8, 2010

On the hunt for prey... :D

jarlywarly posted:

£55 "genuine" Canon battery from Amazon (reviews are split on if its genuine or not and I don't trust positive reviews on Amazon)

What's the play here?

Roll of the dice, I found. Genuine batteries you know you'll get the correct amount out of runtime but the price is up there. Even Amazon positively reviewed 3rd party batteries sometimes only work half or a third as good. Same with eBay batteries.

Other people seem to have had more luck.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

the_lion posted:

Roll of the dice, I found. Genuine batteries you know you'll get the correct amount out of runtime but the price is up there. Even Amazon positively reviewed 3rd party batteries sometimes only work half or a third as good. Same with eBay batteries.

Other people seem to have had more luck.

Thanks, I sucked it up like a good consumer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've always bought knockoff batteries (for all my gear) and have never had an issue. But I'm not constantly buying batteries either.. maybe 8 total in the last 10 years.

The way I think of it is unless the first party battery comes with some kind of guarantee that if it bursts into flames they'll fix/replace my camera for free there's no point in paying for their upcharge. Your camera's body does have clause in there that the warranty is voided if a third party battery is used in it, but Canon only gives a 1 year warranty so who gives a gently caress.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

jarlywarly posted:

What's the play here?

Not sure what the moon dollars conversion is but I've had real good luck with these in my 80D https://amzn.to/309Y13Y

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Note that the 80D can use either LP-E6 or LP-E6N batteries. They are both cross-compatible with cameras and chargers but the LP-E6N has a marginally bigger capacity (1865mAh vs 1800 for the LP-E6).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

I got this feeling I'm going to get a M6 mk II and trade out the old 7D

Pros

Unlike adapters for Sony the EF to EF-M adapter works without any flaws for any lens I have over 70mm and even above 400 mm
An actual close enough to Sony focusing system that works like a good cheat mode
Touch to accquire even a fast moving subject and the camera tracks it clean and even reaccquires if it briefly leaves focus area. For me being able to select a part of a car or triathlete from a good distance and track them till my required framing is f******* amazing.
My Sony pisses me off with the menus.The M6 II is really good and even easier than any other camera I have to set poo poo like ISO. Even better didn't need a manual to find the majority of settings I use.
Despite how small it is, it's okay in the hand.
Image quality is .... well it's about the lenses and out of a 100-400 it's what I would expect.
It really is a better thing for being a loser photographer than a 90D. Damint Stacey why did you move, I now have to sell the kids. The touch to focus just by itself (let alone the superior overall tracking...)

Dont cares

I dont do video so the Canon Cripple Hammer doesnt bother me one bit.

Cons.
EVF is a generation behind.
It really doesnt balance or help control a big rear end bit of glass being small
The 90D def feels better in the hand.
Battery life aint great... still well usable tho
Startup time.
It's no where near rugged for the really bad conditions I tend to get into with rain and flying gravel / dust but for a tarmac race day or bike / run legs of a triathlon it's no issue when it's not raining.
Sold out till maaaaaaybe December if I want to use a local camera store, esp if I want to trade. My local stores have dozens of orders waiting stock ...(!)
Native leneses I tried are gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarbage. I believe one is pretty good but I didt try that nor care. If my EF glass works, i'm good

Kinda wish they will stuck the guts of a M6 mk II into a 7D mk II tank body because it would be amazing. Still is pretty drat good and should tide me over while we wait for a pro sports mirrorless. And to see exactly how much it'll be to replace the 7D mk II and the 1D -_-

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Oct 8, 2019

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I've decided I am going to upgrade bodies from my 80D. I primarily shoot wildlife, landscape and documentary style portrait/travel-esque stuff. I definitely want a pro body and a full frame sensor (unless the 7DII gets a replacement before I make a purchase and I'm not really counting the 90D as that). I don't want to leave Canon because I plan to keep my 80D as a second body and I have amassed a collection of quality glass to accompany both the new and old bodies. I'm basically down to making a decision between the 5DIV and the EOS R. I've been going back and forth on specs and reviews and all and I'm kinda at the "just flip a coin" point, unless anyone here has strong feelings as to why I should buy one over the other. I'm kinda leaning towards the EOS R on price and features like the new Face/Eye-AF firmware update, frame rate and some other things, but the 5DIV is a known workhorse so I dunno.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

charliebravo77 posted:

I've decided I am going to upgrade bodies from my 80D. I primarily shoot wildlife, landscape and documentary style portrait/travel-esque stuff. I definitely want a pro body and a full frame sensor (unless the 7DII gets a replacement before I make a purchase and I'm not really counting the 90D as that). I don't want to leave Canon because I plan to keep my 80D as a second body and I have amassed a collection of quality glass to accompany both the new and old bodies. I'm basically down to making a decision between the 5DIV and the EOS R. I've been going back and forth on specs and reviews and all and I'm kinda at the "just flip a coin" point, unless anyone here has strong feelings as to why I should buy one over the other. I'm kinda leaning towards the EOS R on price and features like the new Face/Eye-AF firmware update, frame rate and some other things, but the 5DIV is a known workhorse so I dunno.

I feel like the answer is EOS-R - using an adapter works perfectly and as you said, the latest updates have changed the R completely to be pretty drat good. Plus, future proofing esp with the way Canon are putting out firmware that adds to the camera. Not sure about the weather sealing on the R but people seem to think it's good.

Plus maybe I'm a bit bias as I replaced a 7D for a mirrorless body yesterday. Basically the M6 mk II works flawlessly with EF glass, the only issue was that I needed to download lens profiles but after that ... everything just worked. Tracking is good, focus is fast, it hits focus better than anything else I currently have esp in low light.

New pro : 100% confirmed the Canon M to EF adapter is flawless. Low light is improved over any other Canon APS-C. Menu setup and camera handling is drat good. 14fps is true but dial it back a bit for more keepers. New sensor is the goods

New con : JFC the RAW files are enormous. 42-48mb so far I need to add more storage like now before this thing wipes it all out - Roughly 50% larger files than the 7D mk II

Gonna shut up and go take it motorsport shooting this weekend and compare to the 1D and 7D mk II

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

So I'm considering something completely blasphemous for the SA camera forum: switching back to a Canon APS-C DSLR from Fuji mirrorless. I took some pictures at a friend's wedding recently and found my X-T2 pretty weak for available-light shots of people dancing at night. The great high-ISO performance of Fuji sensors doesn't mean much when the shots are out of focus. I'm also not very happy with the 18-55 kit zoom; I've returned two already for what I consider to be pretty bad optical quality issues for a lens of its price.

The M6ii and 90D finally have decent 1080p that at least gets into the ballpark of the X-T2's HD video (4K isn't a concern). I'd opt for the M6ii, but the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker, so it'd have to be the 90D.

The problem is, even though the 18-55 zoom sucks, the Fuji primes are great. I like my 35/2 and 23/2, and if I stick with the system I'll be eyeing the 16/1.4 and 56/1.2. I need a good stabilized zoom (and there are plenty of those in EF-S mount), but I would miss the primes. As far as I can tell, the only fast prime for EF-S is the Sigma 30/1.4. I'm not that interested in an 'upgrade path' to FF, nor do I like the idea of spending extra money and earmarking additional bag space/weight for FF EF glass. Are there any other good prime lenses for EF-S mount besides the Sigma 30mm?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

SMERSH Mouth posted:

So I'm considering something completely blasphemous for the SA camera forum: switching back to a Canon APS-C DSLR from Fuji mirrorless. I took some pictures at a friend's wedding recently and found my X-T2 pretty weak for available-light shots of people dancing at night. The great high-ISO performance of Fuji sensors doesn't mean much when the shots are out of focus. I'm also not very happy with the 18-55 kit zoom; I've returned two already for what I consider to be pretty bad optical quality issues for a lens of its price.

The M6ii and 90D finally have decent 1080p that at least gets into the ballpark of the X-T2's HD video (4K isn't a concern). I'd opt for the M6ii, but the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker, so it'd have to be the 90D.

The problem is, even though the 18-55 zoom sucks, the Fuji primes are great. I like my 35/2 and 23/2, and if I stick with the system I'll be eyeing the 16/1.4 and 56/1.2. I need a good stabilized zoom (and there are plenty of those in EF-S mount), but I would miss the primes. As far as I can tell, the only fast prime for EF-S is the Sigma 30/1.4. I'm not that interested in an 'upgrade path' to FF, nor do I like the idea of spending extra money and earmarking additional bag space/weight for FF EF glass. Are there any other good prime lenses for EF-S mount besides the Sigma 30mm?

Hi, I had the EOS M3 for a year and now I’ve got an X-T20. The only really superb EF-M lens I used was the 22 f/2 pancake; I didn’t try the more recently released 32 f/1.4 but it’s apparently reviewed okay. The EF-M 11-22 and 18-55 both felt pretty optically dead average (and the “good” 18-55 isn’t available new anymore only the 15-45), which is Fine, but at fairly narrow max aperture and optically below (in my experience) the Fuji 18-55.

The best time I had with the M3 was using the EF-M adapter and the Tamron 17-50 non stabilized lens. That was a great setup, but it became DSLR big easy.

Have you thought about getting the new Fuji 16-80? Still has IS, constant f/4 and more reach than the 18-55. It’s getting pretty good reviews on release.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Thats a pity. I just used my M6 II for an event and it's absolutly superb once I got my head around it.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Are there any other good prime lenses for EF-S mount besides the Sigma 30mm?

It's not a prime, but the Sigma Art 18-35/1.8 is a great lens built for APS-C. No IS if that's a concern for video but it's super bright and sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

charliebravo77 posted:

This was me about three months ago. I was looking to update my long-suffering 70D and I had a chunk of severance money that was going to be enough for an upgrade to a FF body with a couple of nice lenses. I had been borrowing a friend's 5Div so I was pretty aware of how that worked for me and I managed to try the R for an afternoon courtesy of a local camera group. I was pretty sure going in that I was going to get the R, it felt like I would be futureproofing myself and getting more camera than I needed for less than the 5Div's sticker price. After trying the EOS R though, I paid the extra and went for the 5Div.

I found the ergonomics of the R to be sufficiently off that I never felt comfortable using it even after a few hours. The 5Div is basically the same as the 70/80D but with an extra joystick and a couple more mappable buttons on the back, so all of my muscle memory from ~5 years of 70D use just transferred across directly. I hated the touch bar. If it had been my camera, I'd have disabled the drat thing. As I was mostly going to be using EF glass anyway the smightly smaller form factor of the R didn't really factor in. It is smaller, but not by as much as I was expecting. It is lighter than even the 70D however.

Things I didn't love about the 5Div.
No articulated rear screen. This was actually almost a deal breaker for me. I used that a lot on my 70D when shooting at odd angles.
The joystick is juuuust a bit too far towards the centre of the body for me to reach it comfortably with my thumb when I'm holding the camera up to my eyes. I always have to stretch a bit more than I expect to find it when I want to move the AF point around.
No autorotate on the rear screen. You take portrait format photos, they don't rotate to use the whole screen when you are reviewing them. Also the way that the screen detects gestures is a bit uneven. I always, always end up swiping to the next image when I'm trying to zoom in.
It's heavy and big. I mean that's what you get with a full-frame DSLR, but it's A LOT bigger than my 70D and it's definitely noticable after a bit of walking around.

It helped that I got a screaming deal on the bundle I bought (5Div body, 24-70 f/4L, 70-200 F4L for about $3200 US), but the equivalent R bundle was still less than that.