Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

jesus WEP posted:

gone rogue, like a pro

not all rogues are professional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

jam! jam! jam! jam!

[house of commons]

Me: [chanting] jam, jam

MPs: jam, JAM

Bercow: [banging the mace] JAM, JAM, JAM!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it is quite funny that the tories big push for a media shock story that they could actually send two letters to the EU, one asking for a delay and another saying "lol j.k", was immediately shot down by a judge on radio 4, making them all look like scurrilous idiots rather than the Machiavellian superstars they kept telling themselves as they sniped at Teresa May for months

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:hmmyes:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Squizzle posted:

hows the brexit
We might be about to have the longest monday in parliamentary history if the house of Commons wants to flex its muscle vs the government.

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

jBrereton posted:

We might be about to have the longest monday in parliamentary history if the house of Commons wants to flex its muscle vs the government.

poor garfield :ohdear:

(i imagine the role of garfield to be played by i dunno rees-mogg probably)

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

straight outta brompton

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

jBrereton posted:

Actually the House of Commons can't extend the day like that as it's a power reserved for the Time Lords.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Surely the actual cunning plan would be to send a letter saying “the next letter I send is a bizarro letter and you have to do the opposite of what it says!” and then sending the extension request.

This whole thing is like a terrible children’s party.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

RobattoJesus posted:

Surely the actual cunning plan would be to send a letter saying “the next letter I send is a bizarro letter and you have to do the opposite of what it says!” and then sending the extension request.

The last time takesies-backsies was declared was during the reign of Richard III. Truly we are in desperate times.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

RobattoJesus posted:

In the latest genius strategy by Dominic Cummings, it has leaked that Downing Street plans to declare October 31st "Opposite Day" so the extension request will be denied

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Just to keep up, is today the absolute last opportunity for the opposition/rebels to pass a VONC with the goal of guaranteeing that no-deal Brexit doesn't happen? If they try it after prorogation presumably they can't prevent the govt running out the clock to Oct 31 during the FTPA-mandated 2 week period, assuming the Tories actually commit to a no-deal Brexit.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
import all of britain's potholes to hampstead

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

PhilippAchtel posted:

The last time takesies-backsies was declared was during the reign of Richard III. Truly we are in desperate times.

Now is the brexit of our discontent
Made glorious no-deal by this Rees of Mogg;

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Prorogued Pole Potholes

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

Just to keep up, is today the absolute last opportunity for the opposition/rebels to pass a VONC with the goal of guaranteeing that no-deal Brexit doesn't happen? If they try it after prorogation presumably they can't prevent the govt running out the clock to Oct 31 during the FTPA-mandated 2 week period, assuming the Tories actually commit to a no-deal Brexit.

No, parliament still has time to VONC Johnson and then vote confidence in someone else (presumably Corbyn) after prorogation. Then that person would immediately be PM.

The two week time limit after the VONC is when an election is held, if nobody has the confidence of parliament.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
potholes? oh that won't do

we'll have to pancake the poors into them.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

marktheando posted:

No, parliament still has time to VONC Johnson and then vote confidence in someone else (presumably Corbyn) after prorogation. Then that person would immediately be PM.

The two week time limit after the VONC is when an election is held, if nobody has the confidence of parliament.

Thanks. Plenty of time then!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yes I am sure that the Libdems are going to vote Corbyn in as an interim PM and save you all from - bwahahahahhahaha

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i trust the lib dems to do the right thiaahahahahahaaa

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

"right chaps, we've foiled boris, now we've got a couple weeks before doomsday and all we need to do is pick a leader from amongst ourselves,"

"well i'm leader of the opposition it should be me,"

"well, hang on..."

*no deal brexit happens*

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
One: https://twitter.com/NickyWoolf/status/1170998148044644352

Two: https://twitter.com/NickdMiller/status/1171021277047525377

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

clegg surveys the ashes of post brexit britain. "WE GOT A 5P CHARGE ON CARRIERS" he shouts with pride to his constituency of corpses

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It's true, if Boris does have the guts to break the law then we need Lib Dems and ex-tories to save us.

At least we can rely on there not being a Tory Lib Dem coalition, the brexiteers would be so angry the tories would never go for it (I'm sure the Lib Dems would still be up for it).

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I can't imagine it ever actually happening but Bercow having Boris locked up would be very funny. Wonder how long in the cell he would last before giving up and sending the letter. 10, 20 minutes?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
chillin, thinking about brexit

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Frijolero posted:

chillin, thinking about brexit how Nelson Mandela should be hanged.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

Frijolero posted:

chillin, thinking about brexit

What is it with right wing brits? Right wingers the world over tend to be ugly old men but they usually try to have a few photogenic ones to shove in front of the cameras. But 100% of Tories look like they belong on the set of a PSA about the dangers of inbreeding.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hedenius posted:

What is it with right wing brits? Right wingers the world over tend to be ugly old men but they usually try to have a few photogenic ones to shove in front of the cameras. But 100% of Tories look like they belong on the set of a PSA about the dangers of inbreeding.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i think everyone would be more chill if we could all have a good hard vonc

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lol that pic is from the 1992 general election. May is 36 in it.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

the best part of the athena line is johnson laughing as if he gets the joke when he absolutely doesnt

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

bump_fn posted:

the best part of the athena line is johnson laughing as if he gets the joke when he absolutely doesnt

I thought Johnson really does know all about Roman and Greek mythos and history though? I would've thought Ireland purposefully chose that line because they knew he'd get what they really mean.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah if there's one thing bojo actually knows it's classical trivia, that stuff gets beaten into them at both eton and oxford

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Yeah he graduated in ancient literature and philosophy iirc

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

here’s some more from the 1992 election. check out the two unsuccessful candidates

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Bercow's had enough of this poo poo lmao

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

RIP Bercow

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
gently caress sake, Bercow made the commons debates actually enjoyable for a time. Gonna be boring as poo poo again now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did he just suddenly resign?