Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that is a very good card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

It can't be somehow more efficient in tron. Right? RIGHT?

In a Tron build that runs green mana and also creatures as threats instead of planeswalkers, it seems pretty sick. In a build with 2 Wurmcoils and an Ulamog or whatever, it's probably not worth it just as a weaker Stirrings. Maybe a green Eldrazi Tron?

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Elyv posted:

This is very good

You thought Hero's Downfall was good? Here's a Hero's Downfall that comes stapled with a free card!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Elyv posted:

This is very good

God bless this is an instant

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wonder what shenanigans bottoming it is there to prevent.

I guess just casually regrowing a strong 2-for-1 is reason enough.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Huxley posted:

I wonder what shenanigans bottoming it is there to prevent.

Raise Dead effects.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
If you could play that alongside that raise dead adventure card

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

Raise Dead effects.

Yeah, OK

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

New standard meta: play swamps

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Elyv posted:

This is very good

Dayum. If control folks were just using Cast Down before for removal, they'll be much more pleased with this.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
I would like to play mono black control tyvm

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

New standard meta: play swamps

it's been a while old friends

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

mono B aggro seems like it's going to be quite strong come rotation. the curve of 1/2 pump knight into 2/2 flyer into kill your dude and leave behind a castable 2/3 lifelinker seems very strong, and they're all knights, so any mono B knight synergies are just gravy.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
The knight deck will be BW at minimum if not maybe Mardu

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

C-Euro posted:

I had a similar thought for Valakut, which already has a couple of ramp spell flex spots. But it seems like it should be run as a four-of even though it might be worse than a ramp spell after turn 1.

Thinking the same thing. T1 suspend Search and this, or T2 this then explore. Probably cut farseeks?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, where was that guy in the Arena premade Knights deck.

Seems kinda pushed where they could've weakened it slightly in a bunch of different ways (sorcery speed, can't hit planeswalkers, or anything really), but I guess we'll see if we get some Ravenous Chupacabra ranting about it I guess.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yeah the BW Knights deck looks sick, with reasonable mana thanks to the Mardu Knight land, two great 1-drops in Knight of the Ebon Legion and Venerable Knight, and some excellent 2 and 3 mana plays. Circle of Loyalty is a fine top-end to outgrind the opponent late game.

Haven't seen a reason to splash Red yet.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

jassi007 posted:

Thinking the same thing. T1 suspend Search and this, or T2 this then explore. Probably cut farseeks?

Explore has always felt like more a flex than Farseek but I agree that any potential cuts will be to those two cards.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Lone Goat posted:

I know that Maro likes to be build himself up as the hero who gave us what we wanted, but who are these goofs who kept shooting down Fairy Tale Plane but thought Arthurian legend was actually loving interesting, and when are they all going to be fired?

Gonna go with white dudes who are really averse to girly poo poo like fairy tales

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Explore has always felt like more a flex than Farseek but I agree that any potential cuts will be to those two cards.

I could be talked into Valakut running Once Upon A Time over Summoner's Pact, but it might just not be worth it in Modern.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Elyv posted:

This is very good

Totally safe bet, this can only be a constructed staple and a boon to any limited pool.

Should have deathtouch though. Balance I expect.

Is this the first instant adventure?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What’s the deal with the templating on Joust, I can’t double check right now but it’s different than normal fight cards, right?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

What’s the deal with the templating on Joust, I can’t double check right now but it’s different than normal fight cards, right?

Savage Smash does basically the same thing with different wording.

Savage Smash {1}{R}{G}
Sorcery
Target creature you control gets +2/+2 until end of turn. It fights target creature you don’t control. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
murderous rider is insane what the heck. isnt that just the best card in standard?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I'm mad because this set is going to have a lot of fun looking cards in it but BR Knights is probably going to be the best way to draft it. (I'll be happy to be wrong and also this is half-kidding.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

The Royal Scions is real.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Alt art Rider

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Edit: god drat that showcase Rider is dope

No Wave posted:

murderous rider is insane what the heck. isnt that just the best card in standard?

That's a little hyperbolic but it's probably the best removal spell

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

BizarroAzrael posted:

Totally safe bet, this can only be a constructed staple and a boon to any limited pool.

Should have deathtouch though. Balance I expect.

Is this the first instant adventure?

Foulmire Knight is an instant

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

No Wave posted:

3 mana teferi is in standard

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
What are some mono black ways to shuffle your deck?

I so badly want mono b to be a thing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Yeah the BW Knights deck looks sick, with reasonable mana thanks to the Mardu Knight land, two great 1-drops in Knight of the Ebon Legion and Venerable Knight, and some excellent 2 and 3 mana plays. Circle of Loyalty is a fine top-end to outgrind the opponent late game.

white gives you venerable knight, corpse knight, and wintermoor commander, plus some non-knight stuff like hero of precinct one. i think the synergies are reasonable.

i still might try mono-B aggro with gutterbones, disfigure, etc. just run 20-land super low-to-the-ground aggro.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tainen posted:

Alt art Rider

holy poo poo that is going to be expensive

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drainpipe posted:

What are some mono black ways to shuffle your deck?

I so badly want mono b to be a thing.

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=name&q=oracle%3Asearch+color%3DB+legal%3Afuture

Plus Evolving Wilds and Pattern Matcher.

e: In future standard, at least. There are tons of ways in Modern, fetches being the most obvious and useful.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 9, 2019

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Hellsau posted:

Inspiring Veteran for the knight lord

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Is that 4 mana swamp man going to finally be usable?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hellsau posted:

I could be talked into Valakut running Once Upon A Time over Summoner's Pact, but it might just not be worth it in Modern.

Pact is really important for tutoring up SB creatures like Rec Sage, I don't think it'll ever go away. The fact that you can dig for a Valakut is pretty nice though.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kurieg posted:

They talked about this in the Twitch stream last week. After Maro submitted the gingerbread Man he was told "Alright, this is too silly for the set, we'll allow this one but no more."

It's funny that they drew the line there since the trailer showcased it and was a huge hit that is 100% going to lead to a gingerbread widow card down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Sampatrick posted:

3 mana teferi is in standard

Yeah but instants are still playable, and Tef is disincentivised to send him back to hand.