Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

I seriously don't understand why more coaches aren't like this. It's a different mindset I guess, but I would not want to be working still if I was Nick Saban's age, and he definitely doesn't need the money.

Because these men are Type As who have built their lives around football, and are instinctually terrified of the gaping void in their lives without it. This is an industry where Mike Leach is seen as a renegade because he has non-football intellectual interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Godzilla07 posted:

Because these men are Type As who have built their lives around football, and are instinctually terrified of the gaping void in their lives without it. This is an industry where Mike Leach is seen as a renegade because he has non-football intellectual interests

Yep, I don't think I ever got 6 national championships on an NCAA video game without getting bored. Saban must either not enjoy anything but coaching football or he's one of those types that's terrified he'll die if he retires.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Thank you to this thread for reminding me that the name "Dino Barbers" exists

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Ryan_Kartje/status/1171157362503110656

Not part of my decision for him to resign :thunk:

https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1171164390671802368

:lol:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Why the gently caress not? It's a loving great reason to fire the AD.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Pete Carroll, come home

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

lol ok

https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/1171167247710244864

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Schedule someone tough ya pansies.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

:lol: in the past five years (2014-2018), Bama has played 7 noon games (out of 73 games played total). And they're on the east coast. Compare that to, say, Ohio State with 22 noon games in the same span.

The poor things...

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
playing them the world's saddest song on the world's ugliest guitar

gently caress off

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Utah :toot:

Can't wait for Pac 12 play to start, win or lose. I can't get excited over Idaho State

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

And they call the players entitled

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

nice meltdown coward

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

i'm 100% here for best-life-mark-richt

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Also sorry Alabama that you can't milk more tv revenue out of the players you don't pay

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I just don’t like it cause no one should be playing noon football south of the mason Dixon before gold bond season is over

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

vyst posted:

Also sorry Alabama that you can't milk more tv revenue out of the players you don't pay

Jokes on you bitch we pay them millions

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
With UTSA and UTEP both already getting wins this year against teams other than UTSA or UTEP I'm not really sure what I have to keep an eye on this season. Pretender bad teams like Rice and San Jose always win a game. No Pac 12 playoff, no UTSA winless season, no Arizona bowl, the season is loving over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

So when does Urban Meyer officially get announced as the USC head coach?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

So when does Urban Meyer officially get announced as the USC head coach?

He's waiting on Saban to retire

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Who's gonna be the guest picker for Gameday? Rooting for the Slipknot tortilla man. ISU's notable alumni are lame.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Henchman of Santa posted:

Who's gonna be the guest picker for Gameday? Rooting for the Slipknot tortilla man. ISU's notable alumni are lame.

A literal bushel of corn.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Let's take a look at the notable Iowa musicians list

uhhhhhhh
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yikes

I'm gonna go with Glenn Miller's reanimated corpse.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Ashton Kutcher

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

iowa state fans would not have that because he's a Cedar Rapids native and thus, a Hawkeye fan. Ditto for the current most notable Iowan actor, Tom Arnold, who is now making a living as a Defender Of American Democracy (and also a special celebrity guest for Family Feud Live alongside Pauly Shore and Chris Kattan)

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DC Murderverse posted:

iowa state fans would not have that because he's a Cedar Rapids native and thus, a Hawkeye fan. Ditto for the current most notable Iowan actor, Tom Arnold, who is now making a living as a Defender Of American Democracy (and also a special celebrity guest for Family Feud Live alongside Pauly Shore and Chris Kattan)

Unlike them picking Bo Jackson as a clear compromise between Auburn and Oregon. They pick people that have clear ties to one team only all the time.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
John Malkovich, who says no?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It should be Gable but it'll probably be like Steve Prohm. Maybe Aquaman if they want someone actually famous

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

It should be Gable but it'll probably be like Steve Prohm. Maybe Aquaman if they want someone actually famous

I don't know how to make it work but they should do like Oregon did with the duck but instead of using the mascot have the bird in a blender logo make the picks.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

MourningView posted:

yeah Gable is objectively the correct choice (olympian, everyone in the state knows him, ties to both schools, could probably run for governor if he so chose) but this isn't the one week of the year that ESPN gives a poo poo about college wrestling so it will not be him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They should get that Bachelor guy who killed someone in a hit and run

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The most famous people from Iowa: the American Pickers guys

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Actually it should and will be Paul Rust

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Noted Iowa State Alum!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Aquaman is from Atlantis, not Iowa

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I just don’t like it cause no one should be playing noon football south of the mason Dixon before gold bond season is over

Agreed. My dad spent some time in Guam in the 70s when he was in the Navy and he said it was so loving hot they had to start work 3-4am and break down before noon.

That is our future here.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

LeeMajors posted:

Agreed. My dad spent some time in Guam in the 70s when he was in the Navy and he said it was so loving hot they had to start work 3-4am and break down before noon.

That is our future here.

It's not that bad.

Like legit it's not even hotter than Florida.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

sportsgenius86 posted:

nope, he's currently serving his Rich Guy Punishment of 2 years probation for leaving the scene of an accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

usc should try and hire jeff brohm but they’ll probably call once, lose confidence, and settle for gus bradley