Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Or a dirty needle which can be used to kill targets by health complications months later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I hope someday the ICA can invent syringes that don't go off with the sound of a thermonuclear bomb.

Do they actually make noise? I poke people in crowded rooms all the time and it doesn't seem to alert anyone facing away.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

You can anticipate what the grenade will be like by dropping rat poison in the air conditioner at the bank.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Mzbundifund posted:

Do they actually make noise? I poke people in crowded rooms all the time and it doesn't seem to alert anyone facing away.
They don't, you should only be caught using them if people are looking or the target is in lockdown because that makes bodyguards super attentive.

Red Oktober posted:

You can anticipate what the grenade will be like by dropping rat poison in the air conditioner at the bank.
Putting an emetic in the fumigator outside Cassidy's house is even better - the whole park/creek area fills up with vomiting guards :v:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Syringes are absolutely silent but they are the most visible action to the AI in the game. I did the new ET with the lethal syringe twice, the first time I hosed up SA because a guard at the bottom of the stairs saw me do it, the second I got it fine even though a guard was three feet in front of him because he was walking away.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wait, how did you do the ET twice?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
You pull your internet to hide your shame.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Also specifically with the poison syringes, the target isn't dead-dead until the animation finishes. I remember there was a H'16 ET in Hokkaido that I killed five or six times before he actually died. Because he kept turning just enough to notice the loving needle.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Slugnoid posted:

dont know why you'd need to when the electrocution phone lets you cheese any ET no sweat

Because she starts up on some rooftop somewhere and you could shoot her in like 3 seconds instead and still get SA

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Some new escalation restriction runs, now that I've had time to do them.

The Dalton Dissection LV3 (No Knockouts)

This one's not really designed to be done this way, and for a while I wasn't sure if it was even possible to do without knockouts, but in the end it turns out that it absolutely is as long as you're willing to go a little out of your way. We need a Security Keycard (not technically, you could probably wedge the doors open, but it sure helps), and we need to be able to get at the vault keycard which is in a safe deposit box. Both could be acquired via KOs, but absent that we'll have to get slightly, but not exceedingly, creative.

The Covert Dispersal LV3 (Suit Only, No Loadout, Accidents Only)

Pretty easy, not really any harder than bringing a bunch of tasers to leave lying around for the undercover agents to find. The second kill tickled me quite a bit however.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I'd love to see how you'd approach the Corky Commotion and the Cheveyo Calibration; in both cases I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what the intended approach is.

I've also got a weird maplore question; there's a safe in the lawyer's office in The Author. I can't seem to figure out how to get into it- even breaching charges don't work. What gives?

edit: My god we need a bonus mission or ET of Elon Musk in Miami.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 10, 2019

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mzbundifund posted:

You pull your internet to hide your shame.

Definitely this, and not the fact that I’m a silly person who owns this game on PC and PS4. :shobon:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd love to see how you'd approach the Corky Commotion and the Cheveyo Calibration; in both cases I'm having a heck of a time figuring out what the intended approach is.

I've also got a weird maplore question; there's a safe in the lawyer's office in The Author. I can't seem to figure out how to get into it- even breaching charges don't work. What gives?

edit: My god we need a bonus mission or ET of Elon Musk in Miami.

the code is on his secretary's computer, it's got the explosive golf ball inside

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/d255ii/second_in_my_series_of_unique_npc_contracts_hope

So I've been running this contract for the last 2 hours or so. I'm at 1:08, person ahead of me is at 0:58.

I start at the Greenhouse, and go up to the barns second floor by using the ladder inside. I can grab the outfit and leave the barn around 0:36. From there, I throw The Big One at nearby tables, poison syringe the cook, then leave using the boat.

What can I do to be faster?

Here's video of me doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwEzWcR6vsQ

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

where the red fern gropes posted:

the code is on his secretary's computer, it's got the explosive golf ball inside

How embarrassing, not sure how I didn't see that. Weird choice for safe contents.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I came up with a really fun suit only run on the bank and I'd forgotten that accident KOs break SA currently. Here's hoping that's fixed in the september update :v:

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Pilchenstein posted:

I came up with a really fun suit only run on the bank and I'd forgotten that accident KOs break SA currently. Here's hoping that's fixed in the september update :v:

Oh so that's what hosed up my Master SASO Paris run. I could not figure out what I did wrong. :negative:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
same here on my Morocco ffs, couldn't figure out why electricuting Strandberg on the lights kept losing my SA so ended up coining him into the janitor closet and snapping his neck instead

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Pilchenstein posted:

Is that them overcorrecting for that bug (read: feature cause gently caress SASO Colorado on master) that knocking out a non-target in an accident preserved SA whatever you did. :v:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
I assume it's related to that fix, yeah. Also it's worth noting that accident kills should be fine, it's just specifically knockouts that are bugged.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's also specific to accidents; sedated people don't seem to break SA still.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, sedatives are still god tier :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Yeah, sedatives are still god tier :v:

So, why's that? Genuine question, since I've played hundreds of hours of Hitman 2016+2018, and I don't think I've ever felt inclined to use them.
Hmm, so like, could you inject someone with a sedative (or pop one in their drink) and it won't break SA if/when they're spotted and woken up, or something? If so, that could be useful to create openings, with regards to killing now-bodyguard-free targets.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Basically, yes. Sedative poison is a bit niche (though it is incredible when you can put it into a ventilation/fumigation system and KO an entire room/building) but the tranq gun verges on game breaking. It's almost completely silent and an NPC shot with it doesn't break SA if seen and drops any items they're holding, so it's incredibly useful in almost every mission.

Be aware that unconscious targets will still break SA if spotted because they're too important to have accidents - if someone sees them get knocked out they automatically assume foul play :v:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Basically, yes. Sedative poison is a bit niche (though it is incredible when you can put it into a ventilation/fumigation system and KO an entire room/building) but the tranq gun verges on game breaking. It's almost completely silent and an NPC shot with it doesn't break SA if seen and drops any items they're holding, so it's incredibly useful in almost every mission.

Be aware that unconscious targets will still break SA if spotted because they're too important to have accidents - if someone sees them get knocked out they automatically assume foul play :v:

Oh, right! I didn't realise that about the tranq gun either, despite using it in the past. So basically, if a guard is walking down a (populated) alley, as long as I can get the shot off undetected, SA won't be broken and I can step over the body, pick up his keycard, then keep on strolling? Hmm, I suppose that's why it only has a couple of darts.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
Yes. Also the thing has a much longer range than you'd expect, though it takes a bit of practice to get used to the projectile drop.

Edit: good example in this video of how brazen you can be when you don't have to worry about hiding bodies :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i44Sy-7Q7A4

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 12, 2019

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pilchenstein posted:

Yes. Also the thing has a much longer range than you'd expect, though it takes a bit of practice to get used to the projectile drop.

Edit: good example in this video of how brazen you can be when you don't have to worry about hiding bodies :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i44Sy-7Q7A4

Wow, you were quick with the clues!

Yeah drat, it's crazy how little you can care about bodies, if they've been sedated.
My bet is that the GPs in the areas 47 operates in receive a lot of new patients, who are concerned about problems with fainting randomly, recently... :v:

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

Zedd posted:

Is that them overcorrecting for that bug (read: feature cause gently caress SASO Colorado on master) that knocking out a non-target in an accident preserved SA whatever you did. :v:
Speaking of overcorrecting fixes, Savalas in the bank is weird right now. She won't respond to distractions, so there's at least one challenge that's not possible. I threw an apple at her to see if I could reset her routine or something and she died.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Captain Cool posted:

Speaking of overcorrecting fixes, Savalas in the bank is weird right now. She won't respond to distractions, so there's at least one challenge that's not possible. I threw an apple at her to see if I could reset her routine or something and she died.

Pretty sure one of the Patient Zero missions can't be done as intended because fire extinguishers don't kill in H2.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Sininu posted:

Pretty sure one of the Patient Zero missions can't be done as intended because fire extinguishers don't kill in H2.

it can be done but you need c4, possibly rubber ducks, and not bother with fire extinguishers.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIqEQVt-OM4

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The Kashmerian escalation was a neat one not that hard, but a little different so good to see that being flexed.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Blackmailer Elusive Target should be live by now, or soon.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

mp5 posted:

Blackmailer Elusive Target should be live by now, or soon.

He's already been electro-phoned

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Note that if you've taken out every ET up to this point, Casual Undercover will unlock after The Blackmailer. That's all the suits, except the location-specific ones we still haven't gotten ETs for. :argh:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’m buggin’ out that they haven’t released Gloved Mumbai yet.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
15 elusive targets for me. Casual suit unlocked. Did this one SA in under two minutes by starting in the dressing room and electro phoning the dude.

In the future I will ban myself from using the phone, it's far too easy. The target is nearly touching you upon starting in the dressing room.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I could not seem to coin the guy towards the bathroom no matter what I tried, eventually he got through his runway cycle and I was able to catch him with an emetic syringe as he headed for the bar and then take him out once he hit the bathroom. I remember having similar issues in Hitman 2016 when it came up, glad to have this one behind me and the Casual Suit unlocked.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
This game has recently stolen my attention. I've been working on getting all the unlocks for each level and trying to do silent assassin at least once. I'm almost done with Sapienza. Should I be doing stuff like elusive targets as I go along or should I wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I should stop using coins, it's far too easy to lure npcs.