Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Julias posted:

And Nick Rekieta, who is a "lawyer" who mostly just bullshits around on youtube doing livestreams and such talking about anti-sjw bullcrap while pretending to know the law. He set up the GoFundMe for Vic as a way of 'punishing' the defendants who sought to go after "an innocent man" and somehow vic and him ended up talking and Nick introduced Vic to Ty, as Ty is a friend of Nick's family.

There is considerable debate how many cases Rekieta has even litigated. Like, folks are mostly sure he's passed the Bar and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dawgstar posted:

There is considerable debate how many cases Rekieta has even litigated. Like, folks are mostly sure he's passed the Bar and that's it.

Can't that be looked up online? The bar thing at least, and also probably if he's ever filed anything in court.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yo lets just stick to making fun of the silly legal arguments rather than starting to doxx the lawyers.

Hype for some transcript dunks. Thirsty for justice

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of that and one thing I'm curious: Is it normal for a transcript to be made available this soon? Like I'm guessing that's part of the reason it was sponsored and stuff, but still.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

Speaking of that and one thing I'm curious: Is it normal for a transcript to be made available this soon? Like I'm guessing that's part of the reason it was sponsored and stuff, but still.

Transcripts of hearings have to be paid for so that they are transcribed-they charge a lot to do this since they know once someone has a copy they will just copy it and spread it around. Usually people wouldn't really have a need for a transcript for a basic hearing procedure, but obviously this clown show was very entertaining. Also if the hearing was on a Monday instead of a Friday (because court is closed on the weekend) it probably would have been available even sooner.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I don't know lawyer speak. I don't WANT to know lawyer speak. Anything beyond an episode of Law & Order or a Phoenix Wright game is so far above my head I voluntarily drown rather than try to surface.

That said, this was such a complete and total cock-up on Ty Beard's part that I can't help but want to read the Transcript.

I mean, how the hell does an actual paid-for legitimate passed-the-bar lawyer tell a judge he wasn't listening?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Isn't he more into estate law which usually doesn't have a lot of judge trials (At least here in BC when I had to deal with Estate stuff it was with Court clerics)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Isn't he more into estate law which usually doesn't have a lot of judge trials (At least here in BC when I had to deal with Estate stuff it was with Court clerics)

Yes. This is his first defamation case. Ty literally doesn't know what he's doing.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Julias posted:

Transcripts of hearings have to be paid for so that they are transcribed-they charge a lot to do this since they know once someone has a copy they will just copy it and spread it around. Usually people wouldn't really have a need for a transcript for a basic hearing procedure, but obviously this clown show was very entertaining. Also if the hearing was on a Monday instead of a Friday (because court is closed on the weekend) it probably would have been available even sooner.

Being a court reporter is also a crazy job. Like, they have to type so fast and while people are taking that it goes beyond what is physically possible for a human on a normal keyboard. Instead they use a weird special phonetic way of typing so they can get started before waiting for the speaker to finish their word. It's, like, a crazy skill to learn and it takes years to master so frankly these court reporters should probably be getting paid more than the lawyers for how awesome they are.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Shorthand isnt that unusual. Its what they did before audio recording

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I still think they're better trained in general than lawyers, as should be obvious here.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 10, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Clarste posted:

I still think they're better trained in general than lawyers, as should be obvious here.

They spend way the gently caress more time in court than your average lawyer, even compared to prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
Somewhat related given the conversation earlier and their weird stake in it, but Kiwifarms just got nuked lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip:

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly
cant believe Vic Mangawasbetter accidentally destroyed anime

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
good

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
What great news!

https://twitter.com/GutsyGrinder/status/1171314728662118401?s=20

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rest in piss

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Awww that's so sa...hmmm nope.
Awwww that's too ba...hmmmm, nah doesn't work.
Awww such a sham...hmmmm, you know what, can't find any pity.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Whats fair is fair, right?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm sure when the site comes back up and they reflect on the pain and humiliation of having one's personal information being exposed they will have a genuine come to Jesus moment and wonder aloud to each other, "...are we the baddies?"

Oh, wait. No. That won't happen.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Panic Attack posted:

Somewhat related given the conversation earlier and their weird stake in it, but Kiwifarms just got nuked lmao

LMAO good

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
haven't checked for myself but i heard the site is still up

everyone's IP data was compromised though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanna know why it was done though. Whose side are they working for!??!?!?!?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

I wanna know why it was done though. Whose side are they working for!??!?!?!?

Apparently 4chan also thinks KF are pieces of poo poo, so my money's on them.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Sharon Grigsby (the author of the Dallas piece on Vic) made it on NBC :bignews:
https://twitter.com/ANN_Lynzee/status/1171505270490484736

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

It was probably a Kiwifarmer.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

AnoHito posted:

what? why? is this a confederates vs. nazis in WWII sort of thing?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

They're mostly made up of incredibly hateful people, how much camaraderie do you expect?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Probably this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS-0Az7dgRY

Oxxidation posted:

haven't checked for myself but i heard the site is still up

everyone's IP data was compromised though

The person running it took it down to ensure that only the right people were able to be doxxed ("check the security"). It's back up.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Can Of Worms posted:

Sharon Grigsby (the author of the Dallas piece on Vic) made it on NBC :bignews:
https://twitter.com/ANN_Lynzee/status/1171505270490484736

Wark, can we have the forum renamed to "the Anime entertainment genre world"?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nipponophile posted:

Wark, can we have the forum renamed to "the Anime entertainment genre world"?
If I get really drunk on the weekend, sure!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mr Interweb posted:

4chan is a site based off of being Anonymous, so of course a lot of them aren't going to be fans of a board that doxxes people for fun.

Or, yeah, it was another Kiwifarm user.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 11, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/marchimark/status/1171545763719110658

And I was thinking of going, too. Yikes.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Imagine being so batfuck insane you spend piss away money to go to a con just to harass one of the guests.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Imagine being so batfuck insane you spend piss away money to go to a con just to harass one of the guests.

I think the real fear is the potential for violence to occur. As sad as it is, I think there is likely a legitimate fear of violence, especially gun violence, from these individuals. They are unhinged and people with similar ideologies and attitudes have engaged in such activities recently. At least, that is where my mind went. Maybe it won't be gun related, but I am a bit worried now about the potential of violence at the event.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/marchimark/stat...%3D2616%23pti40

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

It's a wonder any convention ever has any guests at all. If you ever get the chance, read an essay called "Xenogenesis" by Harlan Ellison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Wasn't Harlan Ellison a noted sexual harasser at conventions?