Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Brisbane Lord Mayor on Bushfires posted:

"It is the natural cycle of things in Brisbane where some years we have very wet years, other years they are so dry."

Hmmmm yes, it is just BAU with some wet years, hey Queensland?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

The Peccadillo posted:

Albo is backing the governnent bill that puts vegans on the terror watchlist or whatever the gently caress

It's all good, after this he'll get around to fighting Tories. For reals this time.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Anidav posted:

Hmmmm yes, it is just BAU with some wet years, hey Queensland?

I wonder how the news editor at Courier Mail is framing this to their staff. Documentation of this kind of thing makes for A grade non fiction bestseller modern history.

In the future books on pre Event climate criminals will sell the way books on Nazis sell today.

If only we had some insight to those scenarios in this thread. We could all write tomorrow’s best sellers and become landlords.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

trunkh posted:

What the gently caress is the point of this statement?

Aug 21, 2019- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has said, without evidence, that not-for-profit organisations (NGOs) whose budgets have been cut may be setting fires in the Amazon to draw attention against his government and to make him look bad, igniting global outrage among environmentalists.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Peccadillo posted:

Albo is backing the governnent bill that puts vegans on the terror watchlist or whatever the gently caress

wait

what?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

quote:

Labor MPs have decided to back the government’s new agricultural protection bill - known as the “vegan terrorists” bill – despite three MPs speaking against it.

Kim Carr was the most vocal opponent, raising concerns about the party “capitulating” to the government.

Penny Wong hit back at the suggestion, saying the argument “that we are capitulating on major issues is a Greens tactic and we must take it on”.

Albanese also spoke about the Labor party’s direction and the review process under way, saying that “if you do the same thing in politics, you will get the same outcomes”

A good reminder that Wong is just as awful as Albo, if not worse.

edit:

quote:

Two Labor politicians warned the party was being seen too often to roll over on major issues being pushed by the Coalition.

The party copped a flogging in June for voting for the government's tax cuts package, after its amendments failed to get up. But Senator Penny Wong said colleagues should not buy into the "Greens tactic".

Leader Anthony Albanese also said there was nothing Labor about voting against the tax cuts, which would "put more money in the pockets of cleaners". Mr Albanese also said the party had no obligation to protect "vegan terrorists".

:tbear:

Seemlar fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 10, 2019

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Haven't read it yet but it's probably worth a look

https://twitter.com/kevinbonham/status/1171276871599702017?s=19

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm sure qps are just talking about a known arsonist named "climate change" and are not just the dumbest fuckin wankers alive

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ohh that. I dunno how I blanked on something that loving stupid, sorry.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Seemlar posted:

A good reminder that Wong is just as awful as Albo, if not worse.

edit:

:tbear:

If the ALP could be summed up in one line "we must combat this Greens argument we keep capitulating to the government... by continuing to support the government" would be a good contender.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
BIIIIIILLLLLL

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Speaking of unions:

Now is clearly a time when unions are running rampant and need special legislation to curb their rapid expansion.

Source :- https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1819/UnionMembership

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/10/labor-defends-12bn-private-school-package-it-previously-called-a-slush-fund

quote:

Labor has ridden to the defence of the Coalition’s $1.2bn Catholic and independent school package it formerly labelled a “slush fund” after the Greens revealed a plan to shut it down.
Guardian Australia understands Labor will not support the Greens’ move to disallow the “choice and affordability” fund, with the shadow education minister, Tanya Plibersek, instead welcoming the fact the Morrison government has restored funding for Catholic and independent schools.

Labor has been engaged in a robust internal conversation about its appeal with religious voters, with members such as MP Chris Hayes and senator Deborah O’Neill suggesting it was a factor in the surprise May election loss.
Labor frontbenchers including Michelle Rowland and Joel Fitzgibbon have suggested the opposition should consider supporting the Coalition’s religious discrimination bill to reconnect with religious voters, although Plibersek has noted the “real problem” that it interferes with state discrimination law.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
why doesn't the ALP get it over with and just merge with the loving libs

it's clear the only real opposition party we have right now is the greens

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Recoome posted:

why doesn't the ALP get it over with and just merge with the loving libs

it's clear the only real opposition party we have right now is the greens

At least then all the bleating they do about being a party of government would actually be true.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Do u guys think out quality of life will just continue to decline slowly or do you think things will be upheaved in a Big Crunch

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

All private schools should be shut down.

gently caress 'em.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Quality of life is great for >50% of people. Like if you keep importing enough uberslaves and demonise the lowest 20% of voters forever it's a no lose.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
HJs (sample size of the one store I worked next to for 3 years) is among the worst offender in terms of taking advantage of kids. Managers were "expected" to come into work an hour early, and work huge amounts of unpaid overtime. People were told they would be fired for not finding replacements when they couldn't work.

I hope they get taken to the loving cleaners.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
gently caress off labor seriously

I just don’t see a way out of this hole. Who can take over from albo either before they get beaten in 2022 or after?

Seriously who is in labor that can give us hope

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

teacup posted:

Anidav

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

teacup posted:

gently caress off labor seriously

I just don’t see a way out of this hole. Who can take over from albo either before they get beaten in 2022 or after?

Put Dan in charge imo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Wizard Master posted:

Do u guys think out quality of life will just continue to decline slowly or do you think things will be upheaved in a Big Crunch

First one, then the other.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

Put Dan in charge imo

Pls no.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Put Dan in charge imo

Anime Dan

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JBP posted:

Quality of life is great for >50% of people. Like if you keep importing enough uberslaves and demonise the lowest 20% of voters forever it's a no lose.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Exactly. That's democracy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten was Vita Severn

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

quote:

The environment minister, Sussan Ley, says now is not the time to talk about whether or not climate change has contributed to the conditions which have caused the Queensland and NSW fires:

“I know that the climate is changing, and I know that the people I represent and rural Australians, see that every day. Now when there is an emergency of this sort, and people are worried about losing their homes, to have these high-level discussions about these issues, perhaps we leave them for another day and focus on helping people right here, right now.
Like you care

cogito ergo incommo
Apr 2, 2010

Anidav posted:

No bill is alive

See?

See?!

When the time is right, at Australia's darkest hour, one man will come back and save us all:
Bill Shorten.

Come back, Bill!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

quote:

The environment minister, Sussan Ley, says now is not the time to talk about whether or not climate change has contributed to the conditions which have caused the Queensland and NSW fires:

“I know that the climate is changing, and I know that the people I represent and rural Australians, see that every day. Now when there is an emergency of this sort, and people are worried about losing their homes, to have these high-level discussions about these issues, perhaps we leave them for another day and focus on helping people right here, right now.

NOW IS EXACTLY THE loving TIME YOU loving GHOUL

Goddamint it's barely loving SPRING and the place is already burning down! I seriously feel like just getting in her face and screaming about how animals and people are going to drat well die and their ashes will be on her hands.

And meawhile Morrison is pulling loving thoughts and prayers poo poo. Go gently caress youself you fat rear end in a top hat, it's your goddamn side of politics helping to cause this poo poo

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
The time to talk about it was 30 years ago.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Sean Leahy, the Courier Mail cartoonist made this cartoon for tomorrow's paper.

Didn't make it past editorial, won't be published apparently. :tinfoil:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Courier Mail is now reporting QLD fires were caused by teenage arsonists, not climate change.

Yes, Teenagers simply all decided to light fires in the same week.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
probably on the drugs

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
video games

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Courier Mail is now reporting QLD fires were caused by teenage arsonists, not climate change.

Yes, Teenagers simply all decided to light fires in the same week.

vote LNP: strong on crime

this will stop the fires

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Teenagers false flagging climate change

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

welfare did this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
amongst all this ruin we can only hope that many, many boomer nomads were caught on back roads