Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Honestly, even when it stops being 5bux and goes to :10bux: it will still be worth it for PC. I was honestly thinking of getting a used Xbone just for game pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I re upped gamepass 2 weeks ago for the full 9.99. Is there any way for me to get the ultimate deal or did I scrrew myself? Kinda wanna try gears today.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears four is terminally boring imo but ill give 5 a chance

The open area getting praise is kinda baffling me tho cause it looks like just a sheet of ice to me but maybe theres cool poo poo. I like that kind of ocarina of time overworld hub gameplay in ucLL and gow18 recently so i'll try it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I re upped gamepass 2 weeks ago for the full 9.99. Is there any way for me to get the ultimate deal or did I scrrew myself? Kinda wanna try gears today.

Its just an upgrade option

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I've been playing Gears 5 on pc and haven't seen an achievement pop up yet, are there no achievements on Game Pass Ultimate on pc?

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Soul Glo posted:

I've been playing Gears 5 on pc and haven't seen an achievement pop up yet, are there no achievements on Game Pass Ultimate on pc?

When I'm playing on PC my wife sees my achievements pop up on the Xbox while she's watching Netflix or whatever. I've never actually seen a notification on my PC but they do show up in my profile.
When I'm playing a non game pass game that I have purchased I do see achievements pop on the PC though.

Blankspot fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 8, 2019

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

Soul Glo posted:

They show up in your Windows notifications when you get them (bottom right of the task bar).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It probably mostly boils down to me not playing a really bare bones cover shooter for like 7 years+nostalgia but Gears 5 aint bad. if nothing else it more than meets my requirements for fun AAA escapism, which is way more than I can say for the last painfully boring Halo game.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 8, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyways I finished Blair Witch and it was by far the buggiest game I have ever played in my life. I had to restart at least 10 times due to game breaking bugs. It was kind of insane. I kind of can't believe I was actually able to finish it.

The final bug was a real doozy though. It was so perfect that I had no idea it was even glitching out and thought it was totally part of the game until I was just stuck doing nothing for over 10 minutes and reloaded. it was so cool and psychedelic it was honestly the best part of the game. It's hard to even explain but it was the weirdest bug I've ever seen.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, me and a bunch of goons are enjoying Gears 5 (when the netcode and servers you know, actually work) but anywho, we have a fun chill group here playing: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Same poo poo as what’s in the Gears OP but hey, always looking for more goons to game with.

Also, that Xbox games Pass made me check out Sea of Thieves finally after I abandoned it at launch and that’s sure as hell come a long way since launch.

Pretty awesome value on this pass. I’m liking it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So I did the upgrade to ultimate so I could play gears but did not extend my gold. Kind of just want to buy a years gold and get the cheap upgrade. Is that still possible or did I need existing months?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

veni veni veni posted:

So I did the upgrade to ultimate so I could play gears but did not extend my gold. Kind of just want to buy a years gold and get the cheap upgrade. Is that still possible or did I need existing months?

I don't know if that deal is even a thing anymore, I think it ended sometime in the summer. In any case, that was only before you upgraded to ultimate. Now that you have already converted, if you buy a year's worth of gold, the dollar amount will be converted into months of ultimate. So you might only get 4 months or something.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The deal is still going. I just did it yesterday. It's featured on the main page atm.

poo poo. Oh well. Guess I screwed that up then. I'll just try to knock a few games out in the next 2 months and resub when something else piques my interest.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hey, me and a bunch of goons are enjoying Gears 5

I have the game installed yet won't have a chance to actually play it for about a week but is the Hammer of Dawn back? I really missed that weapon (along with the flamethrower and mortar launcher) and it looked like one was firing in the background of one of the more recent trailers? I know people are raving about the campaign but I like PvP a lot and although it was really nice seeing an upgraded 60fps version of Canals in Gears 4, I was disappointed that a lot of fun power weapons had been removed from the game (dropshot replacing digger was fine though, and that sawblade weapon was great). That new melee club thing looks great, though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

I have the game installed yet won't have a chance to actually play it for about a week but is the Hammer of Dawn back? I really missed that weapon (along with the flamethrower and mortar launcher) and it looked like one was firing in the background of one of the more recent trailers? I know people are raving about the campaign but I like PvP a lot and although it was really nice seeing an upgraded 60fps version of Canals in Gears 4, I was disappointed that a lot of fun power weapons had been removed from the game (dropshot replacing digger was fine though, and that sawblade weapon was great). That new melee club thing looks great, though.

Hammer of Dawn is a part of the campaign yes.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So while waiting for LIVE to stabilise before jumping into Gears I tried theHunter Call of the Wild. And as someone who's never played a hunting sim closer to reality than Monster Hunter, this is really good and relaxing? I might actually buy it when it leaves gamepass. Anyone who hasn't tried it should give it a go.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

The melee club is insanely fun. There’s some really fun guns too.

We played some versus and horde mode this evening and had a blast. Didn’t take ourselves seriously at all but won all but 1 match. Horde we went 1-37 on advanced with some newbies too.

We were really excited too because some of it felt very new to us. I basically skipped out on 4 completely so this is refreshing.

There’s plenty of cons but the pros are strong and that’s cool

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

So I had installed Metro Exodus with the PC Game Pass awhile ago but just went to play it today and I could only get it to launch once. Apparently I missed the 100 reviews on the MS Store page saying it’s a broken port. I made it maybe 45 mins in before it crashed and now I can’t get it working. Is this a well known thing?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
it's a buggy port, had to change resolution back and forth for it to not be blurry. but didn't really have many crashes, did get my character stuck once and managed to get it unstuck or would have had to restart the zone.
do you have the last nvidia/amd drivers?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FlamingLiberal posted:

So I had installed Metro Exodus with the PC Game Pass awhile ago but just went to play it today and I could only get it to launch once. Apparently I missed the 100 reviews on the MS Store page saying it’s a broken port. I made it maybe 45 mins in before it crashed and now I can’t get it working. Is this a well known thing?

It was busted on my One X too. Crashed, audio wouldn’t sync. I had to uninstall the thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That’s a shame. It’s such a good game, too. Didn’t have any problems with it on PS4.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

That’s weird. I had the disc version and it worked great in my bone x. Man it was a great game. Finished in its entirety and loved the poo poo out of it.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's worked flawlessly for me on intel/nvidia 2080 :shrug:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Blind Rasputin posted:

That’s weird. I had the disc version and it worked great in my bone x. Man it was a great game. Finished in its entirety and loved the poo poo out of it.

I didn’t bother to reinstalling. I might give it another go now that winter is around the corner.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt play the windows store version but i found the game to be unplayable due to a broken hdr implementation at launch and there was no brightness control to try and mitigate it. Maybe its better now idk but i was pretty salty about how bad it looked on my tv pc

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I did a bunch of updates to the PC and I will try it again tomorrow but from what I’ve read that does not solve the issue

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Beastie posted:

I didn’t bother to reinstalling. I might give it another go now that winter is around the corner.

Fwiw I've played about 3 hours of Metro Exodus on the One X and had no issues so far (game pass version).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo Metro Exodus is the best game of 2019 so far. Very worth reinstalling.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think after I finish Watch Dogs 2 I'll give Metro Exodus a try. Though I'm not sure how far I'm in it. It could be half way, it could be 10%.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Watch Dogs 2 is pretty long

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Finally grabbing an xbone next week. What are the mic\headset solutions?

Joined the group as medi0crity

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

bushisms.txt posted:

Finally grabbing an xbone next week. What are the mic\headset solutions?

Joined the group as medi0crity

I bought this refurb'd one and love it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Plantronic...3b7fab524473139

(got it from that guy - doesn't come with the Atmos code but that's not really worth it/necessary).

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Does that need\come with a separate adapter? I was reading somehow you can plug directly into a controller like the ds4?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

bushisms.txt posted:

Does that need\come with a separate adapter? I was reading somehow you can plug directly into a controller like the ds4?

The controllers for the X and S have headphone jacks

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

The short version is you don't need to worry about this unless you're buying a refurb from someone who doesn't know what they're doing. The first generation of Xbox One controllers had lovely bumpers and no headphone jack, and required you to use an adapter on the bottom. This adapter port remains but they added in a headphone jack on the bottom. This was many years ago so you're unlikely to run into an old-style controller now unless you specifically seek out like a Titanfall 1-themed controller. Any controller with the headphone jack also has fixed bumpers. There have been various other revisions including adding Bluetooth support and textured grips, but these aren't as significant as that first change was.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Also headsets with an OMTP 3.5mm jack won’t work, but you’re unlikely to run into that issue unless you try to use apple earbuds or something. AFAIK all “gaming” oriented headsets are gonna be CTIA.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I still dont like the bumpers but they are much better

Next time make them one flat bar that feels the same across the whole button

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Both major consoles need to stop getting cute with their goddamn trigger buttons.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I have both a 2013 day one Xboner controller and an XbonerX one and the bumpers feel pretty similar. The criticism is overstated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I went through two OG Xbone controllers where one or both of the bumpers stopped working, but I don’t remember them feeling bad otherwise.