Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ugh that’s ugly

Jony come back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wait is that a bump on a bump? Lmao.

jesus christ you're right lol.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
unless there's 11 pro

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

How in the hell are they doing Atmos sound?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dolby Atmos on goddamn cell phone speakers?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Well poo poo- here I was hoping that the invitation they sent out had the glass colors and that the leaks had been missing blue.

These colors suck. They're as bad as the colors that shipped on those fat iPod nanos from 2007.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

haptic touch

me press you long time

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
yeah I think the iPhone 11 is basically XR2....which is fine because the XR was a personal hit for me and everyone I know upgraded their ancient 6/6s devices to XR and loved theirs.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I want an iPhone without a camera bump.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So the iPhone 11 is the successor to the iPhone XR and the iPhone 11 Pro is the successor to the iPhone XS

not confusing at all

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
"retina"

oh yeah there's definitely a pro

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Let's be friends

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, that's bullshit. Works on headphones, tho.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

mattfl posted:

How in the hell are they doing Atmos sound?

The same way the S9, S10, Note 10 and soundbars do it - Atmos can get licensed to anyone. It doesn't actually mean anything.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

STILL ONLY 12 MP

everyone else going to 16 MP good going Apple.

12+12=24 using space probe techniques?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

So the iPhone 11 is the successor to the iPhone XR and the iPhone 11 Pro is the successor to the iPhone XS

not confusing at all

username/post combo

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
that photo is dummy thicc

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
I never get mad about the camera bump because I keep my pocket sized,$1,000+, very fragile super computer in a $20 case which eliminates the bump completely.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MULTI SCALE TONE MAPPING

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
freckle photo:siren:

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
did they literally just make the camera use the more zoomed in lens by default and then say "LOOK AT THE WIDE ANGLE LENS" for what previousy would have been the default lens?

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Sock The Great posted:

I never get mad about the camera bump because I keep my pocket sized,$1,000+, very fragile super computer in a $20 case which eliminates the bump completely.

I keep mine in a sock.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sock The Great posted:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

This lady is wearing the Series 5 Apple Watch -- her display is always on. Has everybody on stage so far been wearing one? Tricky!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

OldSenileGuy posted:

did they literally just make the camera use the more zoomed in lens by default and then say "LOOK AT THE WIDE ANGLE LENS" for what previousy would have been the default lens?

probably not

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Night mode seems like bullshit. No way an iPhone can take low light photos that look that good.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Dolby Atmos, ultrawide camera, night mode. I feel like I'm watching a Google/Samsung keynote from 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah this rules and is incredibly dumb.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Sorry for double post but gently caress me, if their stolen Night Sight technology is exclusive to the new phones, then I'm in. God loving damnit.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rageaholic posted:

Night mode seems like bullshit. No way an iPhone can take low light photos that look that good.

That's where you're wrong Jay

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If it doesn’t have 3D Touch I’m out

Sue posted:

I want an iPhone without a camera bump.

The technology doesn’t exist yet

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sock The Great posted:

But how will people see what color phone you have with it in a case?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
can I use none of these cool features and just have a better battery

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sock The Great posted:

I thought we had exiled everyone without an Apple Leather Case. Mods?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Oh, didn't know that zoom wheel was a thing, just tried it on my XS and low and behold it works.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what happened to burst photo mode if holding down the camera button takes a video?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What the gently caress is the third lens gonna do get on with it

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Optical zoom is much more useful to me than wide angle.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I thought we had exiled everyone without an Apple Leather Case. Mods?

Saddle brown only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I just got back from a long vacation where a good camera would have been baller. Ah well