Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Plastik posted:

Go to any set page on the Store, scroll down, and click Building Instructions.

You don't even have to do that. There's a link at the bottom of the Lego.com homepage under 'Support'. They have instructions for retired sets too, but it's pretty incomplete before maybe 10~15 years ago. If you want older instructions you'll have to find them elsewhere, but that's not difficult.

Say what you will about Terry Crews' football and acting careers, but he's mostly a pretty stand-up guy. Does a lot for women's rights and domestic abuse, amongst other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Waltzing Along posted:

Scrub NFL player and B actor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIyphGp0Vc

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Plastik posted:

Go to any set page on the Store, scroll down, and click Building Instructions.

That's really cool, I never knew that cause I never had a reason to look.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Waltzing Along posted:

I looked him up. Scrub NFL player and B actor. Now that I've seen more than 1/2 his face, I recognize him from various roles. Didn't know his name.

WTF, mods?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah how can someone that frequents the internet not be familiar with Terry Crews :iiam:

Just the fact that he is a celebrity that is a huge nerd (huge star wars fan, runs a weekly DnD campaign, etc) would probably have made the internet embrace him, but he is also a spokesperson for womens rights, has come out and talked about how he was sexually abused (?) and have been praised for bringing that topic to light, he is a decent actor and absolutely hillarious in anything he is in, has like a masters degree in art and is an accomplished painter. The fact that he is a huge muscular guy that doesn't look like he would have any knowledge of any of the previous topics is icing on the cake.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's President Comacho for fucks sake.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah how can someone that frequents the internet not be familiar with Terry Crews :iiam:

Just the fact that he is a celebrity that is a huge nerd (huge star wars fan, runs a weekly DnD campaign, etc) would probably have made the internet embrace him, but he is also a spokesperson for womens rights, has come out and talked about how he was sexually abused (?) and have been praised for bringing that topic to light, he is a decent actor and absolutely hillarious in anything he is in, has like a masters degree in art and is an accomplished painter. The fact that he is a huge muscular guy that doesn't look like he would have any knowledge of any of the previous topics is icing on the cake.
Also while he did sometimes have some weirder takes and opinions, he was willing to listen to advice and admit he was wrong multiple times. Which is getting rare nowadays.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This but as unironically as possible.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

We don't need to all dogpile Waltzing Along for a bad take. Those will happen from time to time, and we just need to ask ourselves: what would Terry and Keanu do?

I'll start:
Hey Waltzing Along, wanna come over and play Lego? We can watch funny old spice commercials. My mom said we could use the TV in the basement.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm probably not going to get them because I'm trying to keep my collection from getting too out of hand, but man those hidden side sets are great in person. They remind me of the Ninjago Movie sets where they are just a step above most of Lego's designs. Just very creative and aesthetically pleasing.

Then again, I kind of regret not getting all of the Ninjago Movie sets occasionally....

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
If Terry Cruz was so famous, he would have been in Overwatch or Saints Row, instead of Crackdown 3. Looks pretty washed up to me. :smuggo:

Back to Lego stuff, I got the Statue of Liberty set, a great looking build that'll keep me in tan blocks for a while.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I NEED THIS

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8ca5f24f-48dd-4a18-9b11-ee77193069cc

WHY DOES MEGABLOX HAVE THE FUTURAMA LISCENSE ?!?!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Anyone else notice that the Friends Ideas set has been out of stock online basically since it came out? Guess Lego misjudged the demand on that one.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
Is there any Lego store tricks I should know about?

I found out about mixing up parts on the minifig blister packs, ie. 15 total, so you can just grab the harder to find or army build legs and torsos only, etc.

That and I found out that some stores will sell PAB by the case but that's up to the manager the one in Austin won't do it unless it's a special AFOL day or something.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

went to a local lego resell store in cincinatti. it was awesome. got to stock up on doors and windows for my next few builds.

hhh bricks if anyone else is in the area

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I'm probably not going to get them because I'm trying to keep my collection from getting too out of hand, but man those hidden side sets are great in person. They remind me of the Ninjago Movie sets where they are just a step above most of Lego's designs. Just very creative and aesthetically pleasing.

Then again, I kind of regret not getting all of the Ninjago Movie sets occasionally....

Yeah, I got the school and the bus (plus the juice bar) and put them together this weekend. The bus is a really neat vehicle and wouldn't look out of place in a Ghostbusters animated tv show. The school has more details than it has any right to have, and the methods used to hide the signs of building possession and activate them are ingenious and good design.

Also the school bus comes with a possessed porta-potty that shoots poop.

I don't know if I'd buy any more sets except maybe the trawler, but I would without hesitation recommend the bus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I started putting the bus together this morning, and it's good so far because you start with the Fearsome Flush. :haw:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My bus is arriving today. Looks like I will build it, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ineptitude posted:

I NEED THIS

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/8ca5f24f-48dd-4a18-9b11-ee77193069cc

WHY DOES MEGABLOX HAVE THE FUTURAMA LISCENSE ?!?!

While it is possible that Lego will approve this you might be able to get a parts list from the creator so you can build it yourself.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

smackfu posted:

Anyone else notice that the Friends Ideas set has been out of stock online basically since it came out? Guess Lego misjudged the demand on that one.

I went to the LEGO Store and they had several on display and I asked how the set was doing and they said that they sold out on the first day, some 100 sets. The employee told me that I should probably pick it up now if I want it because there's almost nothing left and it'd be a long while before they get another shipment. It's super popular, who would have thunk.

I picked one up just in case, but the person I was going to build it with is my now ex. :v:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I see some on local seller sites (craigslist/offerup) for 2x retail or more.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Someone in France just paid me $54 for shipping on a $30 empty box. Yeah, capitalism?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Conspicuous consumption is going to kill us all but hey 30 bux is 30 bux.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Put a single Lego piece inside.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Habibi posted:

Put a single Lego piece inside.

Or a 5 piece microbuild of the set, complete with instructions.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Saw this at Target today, is this why there is no chance for a Office Ideas set? I mean we got BBT and Friends. I would buy the Office in a second.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
Either “PhatMojo” got in on the ground floor of that license, or they paid out the nose.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Not pictured or included: Robert California, because James Spader personally threatened to kill us and after listening to the message he left on our voice mail, the police are too scared to charge him."

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

My bus is arriving today. Looks like I will build it, too.

I built the juice bar and started the bus tonight. Hidden Side is surprisingly good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Dang it, I want that lunch box.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

Dang it, I want that lunch box.

Lunch box?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

https://www.lego.com/en-us/page/lego-offers-promotions

Available with purchases over 99 dollars until the 15th. Maybe it will be available in the VIP rewards center thing eventually.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's nice. I wonder if it includes a thermos.

Might be time to buy the treehouse.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
so it seems that mars mission minifigure set (40345) is for real out of production. what the hell, it was available for what, a month? if that?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

so it seems that mars mission minifigure set (40345) is for real out of production. what the hell, it was available for what, a month? if that?

Well drat, I'll have to see if I can grab one still.

Anyway, Gingerbread House!

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-creator-expert-10267-gingerbread-house-alle-bilder-preis-verfuegbarkeit/86016

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Looks fantastic, so much detail. I love the little gingerbread baby tile and those creamfilled gingerbread heads. The baby tile can even ride the rocking horse.

Also adding more appreciation of the orange brick tool. The greatest piece Lego ever made.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Captain Invictus posted:

They should still be in stores. They just were limited in production so the website didn't have many. Or so said the Lego store.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

German site still has it in production and in stock. So I don’t know.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Went to the Lego store today. They definitely had a bunch of the minifigure sets. Also got to see the Disney train station in person and I was underwhelmed. But the Treehouse looks awesome. Can't wait to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oh this is cool as hell.