Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Baron Porkface posted:

Why are so many lets players so scared of losing 5% replinishment? That seems so small.

Its 5% of your max army size every turn. It can add up really fast and make minor attrition unnoticeable or help you bounce back from a tough fight much quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
+10% replenishment is usually enough to fully heal your army from the brink of death in 2 turns, which is less time spent not doing anything and eating up your gold, also helps counteract unpleasant climate because replenishment effects your garrisons and they can't usually handle back-to-back rebels without replenishment.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

That math doent make sense to me

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Say your army is 1000 men and you lose 100. 5% replenishment restores 50 per turn not 5.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Look at it this way, unless you're willing to combine what's left of your shattered army together and then recruit new units to make up whatever you lost (Which costs lots of time AND money) you're going to have to wait around for them to heal.

Early game replenishment is often somewhere around 5% to 10%, so losing 5% of that means you're either not replenishing until you get into a city or you're wasting twice as many turns doing nothing.

Even later on 5% can represent 1 less turn wasted, so when the poo poo hits the fan a turn less of healing can be the difference between breaking a sieging chaos stack and losing a lynchpin city.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The general rule is that almost any replenishment buffs are worth it because they all greatly increase how many mans you get back per turn.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Baron Porkface posted:

Why are so many lets players so scared of losing 5% replinishment? That seems so small.

It's not 5% of your replenishment - it's 5% replenishment. In other words 5% of each unit recovering each turn for five turns. (How much your army recovers each turn is determined by a lot of things).

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Put it another way, on a 20 unit full stack 5% replenishment is a free unit every turn.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
These updates tend to drop at around 11am EST right?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

These updates tend to drop at around 11am EST right?
Yeah, CA's scheduled release time is pretty much always between 15:00 & 16:00 GMT.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
If the special on the DLC acts as an accurate marker of it's release, we have 1 hour and 25 minutes until release/update.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Then only fifteen hours of preallocation before we can finally download

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Then a month of bugfixes and mods updating

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
And then only a week or two until the next big update/release.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I hope they break dark elf and skaven dilemas for another 6 months

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
that;s the life of a gam,er.... if you cant take it get out :ssj:

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Download is live. Don't forget to activate Gor-Rok separately.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Lets go!!!!!

Who are you guys starting with first? I'm really torn between Gor-Rok or Empire Campaign #52

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm thinking Nakai in Mortal Empires. Feel like it's going to be a Count Noctilus start where you've got free reign to go beat up Norsca/The Empire/Brettonia/High Elves/Dark Elves.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The streams I watched mostly agreed that Wulfhart was the Ikit to Nakai’s Tehenahuain so I might save him for second.

Also Karl + that New World deleter mod for a Warhammer 1: 2 campaign seems appealing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m going to be at work when this becomes available. Are there any new Steam achievements? I know they didn’t add any for Queen and the Crone or Prophet and the Warlock, but with these guys almost being like new races I wondered.

I think I saw a rather big list of new landmark buildings. The inn from Vermintide was posted, and I think the Moot had a new one. Anyone know what they are and what they do?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The lizardmen getting two DLCs plus an FLC lord and they're still playing second fiddle to the competing faction is kind of amusing to me. CA seems desperate to make the lizardmen fun but every lizardmen army devolves into a dinosaur pack by the late-game and their campaign mechanics are marred by ridiculously hard start positions or they are hampered by the campaign AI

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The only way to fix dinosaur pact is with mods and it is a shame

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Tehenahuain has probably the most interesting and fun starting position in Vortex campaign? :confused:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I got a steam tank before turn 20

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Yeah Tehenhauin's start is really fun and hectic and he eventually evolves into an assbeater even if his early game is shaky. Ikit stole the show in that DLC but that was mostly because Ikit was/is unbelievably, mind-bendingly, disgustingly overpowered in campaign rather than because Tehenhauin was badly made.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Tehenhauin's start feels like you are properly overwhelmed with a rat menace and it owns. It's a breath of fresh air from a lot of safe start positions, I wish we had a few more like it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Tenhenuin also has a cool unique mechanic, good mount options and a fun and fairly rare lore of magic for a LL (I think only Durthu also has Beasts).

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I havent tried Tehenhauin but Tiqtakto is a blast. Sure you'll have lots of big dinosaur armies lategame but the start and midgame is really unique and fun.

Also, what race tends to not have similar doomstacks by lategame?

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Ristolaz posted:

I havent tried Tehenhauin but Tiqtakto is a blast. Sure you'll have lots of big dinosaur armies lategame but the start and midgame is really unique and fun.

Also, what race tends to not have similar doomstacks by lategame?

VC has a lot of late game doomstack variety. Crab build (big single ones or medium squads), Necro spam build, cannons/mortar and handgun build never goes out of style even late game, depth guard army with something to soak damage kinda since depth guard are great in the endless late game sieges, maybe also terrorgheist spam but I always forget they have terrorgheists, and various combinations of these. A bunch of haunter heroes in a stack are fun too.

Sure, LM have lots of different dinos, but they all basically do the same job of running over stuff.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

starting with Kroak has gone as suspected, this is like my third battle in the Gor-Rok campaign

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Yeah the port nerf is insane. Its basically a wasted slot now.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
The fact that it's going to take until the next patch to fix ports is ridiculous. It takes 150 turns I believe for a tier 5 port to make a profit now. Taking into account how long it takes to get to tier 5 in the first place, it's never worth it at any point in any campaign now to build up ports.

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
Pretty funny that they also specifically tied Markus's campaign progress to upgrading ports, while in the same patch making it the worst waste of gold in the entire game

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I imagine someone's going to mod it within a day or so.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am enjoying the new empire start due to his hatred of lizard men

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

it's norsca all over again!!!

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

There's this Markus event that can give you -10% port income for a favour, and you lose like 20 gold in total. Baffling change.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
How does the Elector Count stuff work? I have slots open and many characters but can't put them in. Do they need to be the specific previous Lords who owned the territory? This campaign was started pre-patch in Mortal Empires so I wonder if its something to do with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

on vortex, I get the dilema to choose a negative and back an elector count

it says it may reward me later and uh

what would that reward be since that seems to be independent of the reinforcements