Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
drat. I like that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Chill la Chill posted:

I imagine it’s because there’s not much point to mtg fan merch. Custom playmats *are* the fan merch and anybody can just go to inked gaming or another place to get those done. I’ve seen custom deck boxes drawn on the basic white box and 3d card cutouts before but that’s pretty much the extent of it. The game’s not touhou, as much as WOTC wants it to be by pushing all the planes walkers. I’m sure somebody buys those action figures too, but every time I’ve seen them in the clearance bin a few months later.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ravnica guild stickers or other tiny inconsequential doodads or something! But yeah I get it. People just play the game, D&D has Critical Role and stuff

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!

Stolen by the Fae XUU

Sorcery

Return target creature with converted mana cost X to it's owner's hand. Create X blue 1/1 faerie creature tokens with flying.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Obscil posted:

Based on the facebook ad she's from it looks like she is probably a 3/3. It's hard to tell though cause it's a really shittily made ad. https://www.facebook.com/201120755306/posts/10162121560635307/?sfnsn=mo

Hell yeah Fasc Elves are back.

Edit: real lame that you can't overpay for the fairie condensed

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
I've been trying to make mono-B work since M20, so :toot:. Also, I'm guessing this is our Morgan.

Also, a few spoilers that haven't been posted:

The blue legendary knight in the uncommon cycle. Syr Elenora the Discerning, power equal to number of cards in your hand, cantrips, and the "2 more" semi-hexproof.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Obscil posted:

Stolen by the Fae XUU

Sorcery

Return target creature with converted mana cost X to it's owner's hand. Create X blue 1/1 faerie creature tokens with flying.

X, not X or less, is notable.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/cspranklerun/status/1171456936245465090?s=19

https://twitter.com/fffreakmtg/status/1171497032571187200?s=19

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I guess I'm out of the loop but I dont get whatever the joke is with 350. It's no 420 that's for sure.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Wurzag posted:

I guess I'm out of the loop but I dont get whatever the joke is with 350. It's no 420 that's for sure.

You can read further in the twitter thread; someone links the joke.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
fuckin lol a southpark meme joke god dammit

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally, a finisher for BW Tokens :v:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

I imagine it’s because there’s not much point to mtg fan merch. Custom playmats *are* the fan merch and anybody can just go to inked gaming or another place to get those done. I’ve seen custom deck boxes drawn on the basic white box and 3d card cutouts before but that’s pretty much the extent of it. The game’s not touhou, as much as WOTC wants it to be by pushing all the planes walkers. I’m sure somebody buys those action figures too, but every time I’ve seen them in the clearance bin a few months later.

Speaking of Inked Gaming, I've really wanted a Soulherder playmat as I don't have one and Soulherder is my absolute favorite art. Is it considered a dick move to get a custom playmat of actual card art?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Literally Hearthstone

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Toshimo posted:

Literally Hearthstone

I was thinking the same, but the hearthstone card is a 3/7.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

How does something like this apply in relation to humility and intangible virtue?

Also this applies to your opponent's creatures too..

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

ilmucche posted:

How does something like this apply in relation to humility and intangible virtue?

Also this applies to your opponent's creatures too..

Layers mean that whichever effect appeared last is applied (I think), and then any add-ons like Virtue are applied on top.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

if something else alters base values it'd be whichever one came into play last takes over

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Food Golem.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

UN'GORO BELONGS TO THE TI-

Toshimo posted:

Literally Hearthstone

Dang it :(

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

That 1 mana ability is the best flavour :allears:

Also I heard somewhere it was going to be called a Gingerdread Man.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

Lmao you can't catch him unless you're just as fart. Genius.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Hoping there are 7 different arts and flavor texts.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Tainen fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 11, 2019

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Huxley posted:

X, not X or less, is notable.

Well this card went from maybe a finisher in control in modern to nah.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Dumb

quote:

The card Gingerbrute was designed extremely early on, and we decided that while Puss in Boots was too far into juvenile nursery rhyme territory, this was exactly the line for how juvenile we were willing to go.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

They know they spent 2 years designing around a lovely Avengers knockoff, right

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
No Puss in boots??? :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

This is the worst set.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

At least there's a good Cat in the set already.

Going to admit I'm disappointed that romantic name is wasted on a Disenchant variant.

Count Bleck posted:

Food Golem.

Also kind of disappointing? 1/1 haste that's nearly unblockable for 1 or can sac later for 3 life is... what, a potential 22nd-23rd card?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

LifeLynx posted:

At least there's a good Cat in the set already.

Going to admit I'm disappointed that romantic name is wasted on a Disenchant variant.

Also kind of disappointing? 1/1 haste that's nearly unblockable for 1 or can sac later for 3 life is... what, a potential 22nd-23rd card?

Mono-red cavalcade is reasonably pleased with it.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also I heard somewhere it was going to be called a Gingerdread Man.

Animate Bread

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

LifeLynx posted:

Maybe if you're incredibly aggressive or have Food Synergy otherwise no.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Extremely dumb.

Love this flavor.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Lone Goat posted:

Maybe if you're incredibly aggressive or have Food Synergy otherwise no.
There hasn't really been Food payoff card, right? The only thing I can think of is Shimmering Drake and the Savvy Hunter, and those aren't really good enough playoffs.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Kurieg posted:

Mono-red cavalcade is reasonably pleased with it.

Bread deck wins

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

Hoping there are 7 different arts and flavor texts.

I would be very surprised if they didn't do exactly this. Will be a little more awkward in draft when you have multiples of the same dwarf but whatever.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Tibalt posted:

There hasn't really been Food payoff card, right? The only thing I can think of is Shimmering Drake and the Savvy Hunter, and those aren't really good enough playoffs.

there is still half a set unspoiled and Trail of Breadcrumbs is a build around. we're discussing limited, which Shimmer Dragon isn't part of (it's a Brawl exclusive)

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Tibalt posted:

Felidar Sovereign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Vaah posted:

Animate Bread

Vaah posted:

Bread deck wins