Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I dont recall any sex stuff (though I wouldn't be surprised) but he was famous for his extreme temper and vindicitveness.

He managed to turn it intò part of his appeal so it managed to cement his rep instead of damage it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Wasn't Harlan Ellison a noted sexual harasser at conventions?

He once groped the guest of honor on stage at the Hugos, so yes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Incidentally, the murder victim in Bimbos of the Death Sun (a satirical murder mystery set in a sci-fi/fantasy convention, in case you're wondering) is pretty obviously based on Harlan Ellison.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In happier, or at least more amusing news, Funimation announced they're doing a theatrical release for One Piece: Stampede so they and Toei still seem to be doing okay despite dark ruminations that Toei would send the Yakuza to avenge Vic's honor.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Baka-nin posted:

I dont recall any sex stuff (though I wouldn't be surprised) but he was famous for his extreme temper and vindicitveness.

He managed to turn it intò part of his appeal so it managed to cement his rep instead of damage it.

Sexpestery was one of his favorite things. The whisper network blasted about him a lot. Him groping a lady on stage was the first public play he got because it was impossible to hide it when it did it in front of everyone. He bragged about a lot of the stuff he did, but everyone was too afraid to do anything. And I mean stuff like rape.

EDIT: Or all those times he hospitalized people like the president of ABC for the loving hell of it, which were true events and he apparently was never arrested or had any retaliation for.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 11, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Posting this because I've seen the claim "the judge is an idiot who will be overturned because Vic hiring extra security is proof he suffered damages from TI" being spread around. A) He apparently didn't have an invoice or anything showing that, and B)

https://twitter.com/fsckemall/status/1171669888781443073?s=20
https://twitter.com/fsckemall/status/1171671614808842240?s=20

Piell fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 11, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Kchama posted:

Sexpestery was one of his favorite things. The whisper network blasted about him a lot. Him groping a lady on stage was the first public play he got because it was impossible to hide it when it did it in front of everyone. He bragged about a lot of the stuff he did, but everyone was too afraid to do anything. And I mean stuff like rape.

EDIT: Or all those times he hospitalized people like the president of ABC for the loving hell of it, which were true events and he apparently was never arrested or had any retaliation for.

drat he sounds like a real nihilist

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012

HIJK posted:

. . . At this point it feels like karma, Vic will have to pay out significant chunks of money because he chose bad counsel to defend superfluous charges. Those only came about because he’s a piece of poo poo. That’s a consequence of his behavior, and he’ll have to live with it.
. . .

He chose incompetent counsel to pursue frivolous defend superfluous charges.

FIFY

vic ain't "defending" poo poo in this lawsuit he chose to bring.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Someone brought up Harlan Ellison, and one of his better known works involves a sexual predator named 'Vic'.

Obviously this is no mere coincidence.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Julias posted:

So to be clear, there are two lawyers involved- Percy Tyrone 'Ty' Beard, who is Vic's actual lawyer (and lazy and incompetent).

And Nick Rekieta, who is a "lawyer" who mostly just bullshits around on youtube doing livestreams and such talking about anti-sjw bullcrap while pretending to know the law. He set up the GoFundMe for Vic as a way of 'punishing' the defendants who sought to go after "an innocent man" and somehow vic and him ended up talking and Nick introduced Vic to Ty, as Ty is a friend of Nick's family.

You know what they say, misery enjoys company.
it gets more interesting, guess who's in charge of getting nick paid via his trust fund?
https://twitter.com/fsckemall/status/1171809420638085121

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
I saw that too, delicious.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

khy posted:

Someone brought up Harlan Ellison, and one of his better known works involves a sexual predator named 'Vic'.

Obviously this is no mere coincidence.

Someone should let Ty know about this. He'd finally have some evidence of conspiracy to present.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I have no voice acting job and I must scream

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I want to point this out because a lot of Vic fans on twitter etc. don't seem to realize it but Vic is not the defendant, he's the plaintiff, he's suing his accusers to intimidate them into retracting their accusations about him, which as you might realize is an intensely lovely thing to do and one of the reasons victims of abuse are often afraid of speaking out.

That's what SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) means and the state of Texas has exceedingly strong laws protecting defendants against them.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

I have no voice acting job and I must scream

repent, harlequin, said the blackfaced man

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Vic's still getting work :

https://twitter.com/JacobLineback/status/1171873991759400961

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Holly Hill Mall sounds like some 80s horror schlock

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Realistically speaking, yeah, Vic's still going to be making whatever con appearances he can, as well as possibly dubbing for small indie projects/studios.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vic please voice my yaoi dating sim where Pokémon’s are beautiful boys

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

fritz posted:

Vic's still getting work :

https://twitter.com/NaviNabob/status/1171881995451789312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Going to be the greatest most fun con ever! Just avoid the mall walkers.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

mallratcal posted:

https://twitter.com/NaviNabob/status/1171881995451789312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Going to be the greatest most fun con ever! Just avoid the mall walkers.

I've heard he demanded his signature booth be located near Hot Topic or Claire's for "easier access to the dating pool"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There's a better than average chance he could be set up next to the world's loneliest wrestler.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

it gets more interesting, guess who's in charge of getting nick paid via his trust fund?

lol this guy is from my hometown, where I currently live

wonder if I should be concerned about that

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Not just that, Ty Beard gets to determine how much money Nick Rekieta gets.

https://twitter.com/ironybrah1/status/1171908775986499585

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's just grifting and/or rapist idiots all the way down, isn't it?

e: I mean on Mignogna's side. Not on Rial/Marchi/Toye's side.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Wark Say posted:

It's just grifting and/or rapist idiots all the way down, isn't it?

e: I mean on Mignogna's side. Not on Rial/Marchi/Toye's side.

It certainly looks that way.

Also lol at Nick having to ask TY for money.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

As somebody on Twitter put it: "Here, give me your money to fund a legal campaign in Vic's name... Oh, and the lawyer we hire will have zero defamation specialization because he is the estate lawyer in charge of writing me my trust fund checks."

No wonder Beard was so bad at it. If that's his main practice, he goes to the courthouse but never goes to court.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Am I wrong or is Ty “Neck” beard getting findommed by Nick and he brought Vic in to get findommed too

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
enjoy Vic going “BUT CONVENTIONS ARE FOR THE FANS.”

https://twitter.com/redreign8/status/1171645707712905216?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't read Moby Dick either, but I still knew Ahab wasn't someone you're supposed to emulate.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1171962658419085313?s=19

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

I haven't read Moby Dick either, but I still knew Ahab wasn't someone you're supposed to emulate.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1171962658419085313?s=19
Indeed.

Also, you could listen to the musical equivalent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kp0LxKTZhk

Probably one of the best rock records in the last two decades. :rock:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Xarbala posted:

I want to point this out because a lot of Vic fans on twitter etc. don't seem to realize it but Vic is not the defendant, he's the plaintiff, he's suing his accusers to intimidate them into retracting their accusations about him, which as you might realize is an intensely lovely thing to do and one of the reasons victims of abuse are often afraid of speaking out.

That's what SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) means and the state of Texas has exceedingly strong laws protecting defendants against them.

Texas has strong SLAPP laws? Wouldn't have figured that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

If Texas passed trial by combat laws I wouldn’t be surprised

In fact I feel like they already have them on the books

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Texas has strong SLAPP laws? Wouldn't have figured that

Time assholes are wasting on frivolous lawsuits is time a judge can spend watching football.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Vic: “HOW CAN SHE SLAPP”

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Alan Smithee posted:

Texas does have a specific rule in their sexual harassment laws, or something adjacent to them (I remember this from a training module) where you are explicitly allowed to pop a cap in your abuser, or someone abusing your loved one. Texas laws are also very clear to read. The enforcement I can't comment on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Conversely, the Texas constitution is an over amended mess of a document that really boggles the mind.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Alan Smithee posted:

Vic: “HOW CAN SHE SLAPP”

This should be the thread title.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alan Smithee posted:

They might. Washington state assault laws don't apply if both people agree to fight first. So bar brawling is legal as long as one person calls the other out and the other says "sure, bring it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ornamented Death posted:

This should be the thread title.

“Kick my Vic you fuckman” is better :colbert: