Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

FelchTragedy posted:

Do we have any Milwaukee goons who can go out and take some pictures?

only if you're not a nutjob, but that's not looking great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
it’s cool that this thread is still going on (as photography chat lol) even after the reveal

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

AARP LARPer posted:

it’s cool that this thread is still going on (as photography chat lol) even after the reveal

There was a reveal? What happened?

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
yes what

I've been following this thread since the start, deeply hoping things get found and also sometimes shitposting.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.

Cobalt60 posted:

yes what

I've been following this thread since the start, deeply hoping things get found and also sometimes shitposting.

There is no major thread with a mention of a reveal in the quest4treasure forum. It would have been stickied. Burnstyle's team has backed up those forums when there was a threat of the forums being shut down.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Snowy posted:

There was a reveal? What happened?

nothing happened. there is no "reveal" or any big revelations lately. everything is still in the ground, crazy people are still posting insane theories based on brush strokes

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
That's not true. I found treasure

In my butt.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Nocheez posted:

That's not true. I found treasure

In my butt.

The real treasure was the friends that came along the way

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Friend posted:

The real treasure was the friends that came along the way

along the way into his butt?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Crusty Nutsack posted:

nothing happened. there is no "reveal" or any big revelations lately.

Right. The search suddenly went dark just because. Simultaneously across multiple sites. All at once. And all this didn’t conclude in the fantastically lame way it did because, above all else, “nothing happened” lol

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

What the gently caress are you on about?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AARP LARPer posted:

Right. The search suddenly went dark just because. Simultaneously across multiple sites. All at once. And all this didn’t conclude in the fantastically lame way it did because, above all else, “nothing happened” lol

This thing is not a big part of my life I am not on 4QT or whatever it's called. By all means feel free to educate us if you like but if you're just going to be a dick then stfu

burnstyle
Jan 9, 2015

Sometimes a nut job...
Sometimes a really good person

Crusty Nutsack posted:

This thing is not a big part of my life I am not on 4QT or whatever it's called. By all means feel free to educate us if you like but if you're just going to be a dick then stfu

Hes kind of right.
Historically q4t has been the main hub for new and interesting ideas regarding the secret. Ideas would be brought up there, and people would branch out and discuss those ideas on other forums, sometimes incorporating the ideas into their theories, and sometimes simply talking about the ideas in more depth.
A large ammount of memebers who would bring those ideas to q4t got tired of the trolls and arguing on the site then suddenly, all at once, and without any planning between them, stopped posting.

When the conversation stopped on q4t, it almost forced public conversation to stop elsewhere.

A lot of people are simply working privately now. And a bunch of the old q4t memebers migrated to Facebook.
Hopefully the conversation will begin again soon.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

That’s kind of the opposite of a reveal

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

burnstyle posted:

Hes kind of right.
Historically q4t has been the main hub for new and interesting ideas regarding the secret. Ideas would be brought up there, and people would branch out and discuss those ideas on other forums, sometimes incorporating the ideas into their theories, and sometimes simply talking about the ideas in more depth.
A large ammount of memebers who would bring those ideas to q4t got tired of the trolls and arguing on the site then suddenly, all at once, and without any planning between them, stopped posting.

When the conversation stopped on q4t, it almost forced public conversation to stop elsewhere.

A lot of people are simply working privately now. And a bunch of the old q4t memebers migrated to Facebook.
Hopefully the conversation will begin again soon.

well at least the drama of another forum can be explained to this forum without being a dick

and there's still no "reveal" so ok

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 11, 2019

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

As if a hundred voices cried out in terror - "My wrist!" - and were suddenly silenced.

burnstyle
Jan 9, 2015

Sometimes a nut job...

Snowy posted:

That’s kind of the opposite of a reveal

When all the drama started happening on q4t, the owner threatened to shut the forum down. That made a lot of us nervous so I set out to archive the site.

I was able to backup all of the threads in raw html, and post them in a way where they were public and searchable.

I also set a url to the backup... quest4pleasure.com

Maybe he is talking about that? I dunno.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
q4t has no real information. It's all bullshit conjecture that's led nowhere. The only person who will actually find one of these will be looking at it with fresh eyes.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
I forget what the answer is but at this point why aren't people just meta-gaming the whole thing? Doesn't the deceased author have friends or family who know poo poo? Can't one of these absolute loons kidnap them or something? Seems less wacky than any single Urban Smurf post to me.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Nobody will say anything, the artist is suffering from a terminal case of being an rear end in a top hat, and please don't mention U.S. or he'll show up and re-mark the thread with his weird musk and cause a whole thing. Yes, it's all masturbatory at this point but still neat to see new posts in the thread to get the ol' hopes up!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Crusty Nutsack posted:

well at least the drama of another forum can be explained to this forum without being a dick

a grown adult who named himslef "crusy nutsack" about to cry because some internet rando won't take his treasure hunt seriously that's the state of the hunt in a nutshell folks

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AARP LARPer posted:

a grown adult who named himslef "crusy nutsack" about to cry because some internet rando won't take his treasure hunt seriously that's the state of the hunt in a nutshell folks

you think I'm on the side of crazy people taking this crap more seriously? that must be why I don't even go to the cool rear end treasure hunting forum! lol you were being a dick and I called you out, it's ok friend

ps I got this name from a namechange thread if you must know

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Crusty Nutsack posted:

you think I'm on the side of crazy people taking this crap more seriously? that must be why I don't even go to the cool rear end treasure hunting forum! lol you were being a dick and I called you out, it's ok friend

As a thread lurker, I thank you for your service.

AARP LARPer posted:

How dare you ask what I meant by ‘reveal’ in this treasure thread! If you didn’t care so much you would know I meant ‘reveal’ to mean ‘no news’. :smuggo:

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 12, 2019

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
Listen, I can see you're getting really upset irl. I'm sorry I made fun of your treasure hunt, Crusty Nutsack. I guess I didn't realize how much it meant to you. My bad.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AARP LARPer posted:

Listen, I can see you're getting really upset irl. I'm sorry I made fun of your treasure hunt, Crusty Nutsack. I guess I didn't realize how much it meant to you. My bad.

:allears:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Can we circle back to the possibility of kidnapping people, I feel like that wasn't given enough serious attention.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

burnstyle posted:

When all the drama started happening on q4t, the owner threatened to shut the forum down. That made a lot of us nervous so I set out to archive the site.

I was able to backup all of the threads in raw html, and post them in a way where they were public and searchable.

I also set a url to the backup... quest4pleasure.com

Maybe he is talking about that? I dunno.

Thanks for the backup by the way, should have said last week.

Naming no names what proportion of the people active in searching do you reckon are Trump voters? Not just conservatives, but Trump voters.

FelchTragedy fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 12, 2019

burnstyle
Jan 9, 2015

Sometimes a nut job...

FelchTragedy posted:

Thanks for the backup by the way, should have said last week.

Naming no names what proportion of the people active in searching do you reckon are Trump voters? Not just conservatives, but Trump voters.

> 0

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Your name rules, what was it before

Drunk Nerds posted:

Can we circle back to the possibility of kidnapping people, I feel like that wasn't given enough serious attention.

If you're in Boston metro West feel free to kidnap me and possibly local star Xie for a beer

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Your name rules, what was it before

shakerpenguin. just a bit different

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
The real treasure is the friends we made along the way

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

Well yeah. It's the fact that a bunch of people searching for a stuff in a book based on a positive and historical theme of immigration - fictionalised for the fairy stuff of course, might be discovered by people who voted for the anti-immigration candidate.

Also they are supposedly pattern seeing and they haven't seen the pattern of the support of psychological evil in their voting choices. They are big old evidence deniers.

I have had people probe and dig for me and would consider letting other local people dig up my locations. They get the casque - I get the credit, but I don't want that digger to be a twat.

FelchTragedy fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Sep 12, 2019

3M TA3
Oct 1, 2018

burnstyle posted:

I speak with a few people searching in Boston regularly. There were private conversations amongst them about walking away from q4t because of 1 specific person. That person is a rabid poster of everything including the ingredients of his/her breakfast and how it relates to the secret.
None of those people wanted to be the one who finally told this goon to gently caress off and then became the excuse for Mark Parry to shut down the forum.
Those discussions took place before q4t went quiet. Well, “quiet” with the exception of that rear end in a top hat still posting and responding to his/her own posts about nothing.

Your back up of q4t was a strong move burnstyle. At the very least, it’s an insurance policy for when someone does go too far and pushes Mark to hit the nuke button.

GoldenFuckingGate
Sep 5, 2018

3M TA3 posted:

None of those people wanted to be the one who finally told this goon to gently caress off and then became the excuse for Mark Parry to shut down the forum.

Agree. It'd be a sad Choice for Mark to have to make.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Let's T_Roll.

DandyLion posted:

Heading out now. Will report back shortly.

Hello are you still available to search? You have gone a bit dead on the old Email -You said you lost your phone and all. It's just things are hotting up in the area I mentioned. I have another inkling that I haven't posted yet in an Email yet but holy smokes it's interesting..

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FelchTragedy posted:

Hello are you still available to search? You have gone a bit dead on the old Email -You said you lost your phone and all. It's just things are hotting up in the area I mentioned. I have another inkling that I haven't posted yet in an Email yet but holy smokes it's interesting..

Hey bud yes sorry shits been crazy hectic with travel. I'll shoot you an email.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Don't worry y'all, Reddit is on the case again: https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedMysteries/comments/d9ott6/in_1982_a_man_hid_twelve_treasure_boxes_across/

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
at least someone finally has the gonads to say that the author is kinda a dick for dying

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost
It would be pretty awesome if only 2 were ever really buried, and the rest were a prank to keep crazy people busy for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Cobalt60 posted:

at least someone finally has the gonads to say that the author is kinda a dick for dying

imagine if he had the treasure casks dug up and buried with him for a joke.