Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MURPHAGATOR!
Apr 6, 2013

Another busy day at the
Fight House.

SeXReX posted:

Actually based on the number of people I know who use youtube search to try and find a world record because they don't know what speedrun.com is

They're good for the culture.

Wow they do a search? The number of runners Ive come across playing a game Ive run for "WR" without bothering to do so much as a single google search is staggering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
It's also fun when someone runs a game, doesn't bother to look anything up, and posts a video on youtube and labels it "WR".

Doubly so when they submit it to SRC and still call it WR in the description.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
that only happens for poo poo games

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's the winnipeg record, okay?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

https://twitter.com/woopvonwoop/status/1171860469302403079

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

everything in that thread is gold but this in particular made me nearly do a spit take

https://twitter.com/woopvonwoop/status/1171866222687862785

god, what a walking comedy of errors

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That "planes trains and plantrains" parody assignment work that has one page be of a different size, but unironically.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

heeheex2 posted:

I choose not to acknowledge times that aren't on speedrun.com as official.
someone post that copypasta that Claude always gets in his chat about the guy mad he won't submit to speedrun.com because he has to correct people that he's tenth best not ninth best or whatever

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Oh boy a new episode of the twin galaxies shitshow

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I like when they insinuate that someone did something like steal their VHS, digitize it, edit it to look emulated, re-record it on VHS, and sneak back in to replace the tape.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Captain Invictus posted:

everything in that thread is gold but this in particular made me nearly do a spit take

https://twitter.com/woopvonwoop/status/1171866222687862785

god, what a walking comedy of errors

yeah go ahead and sue you dumbfuck

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

he should hire beard and rekieta

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

King of Kong needs a rerelease with a little text blurb at the end explaining how Billy Mitchell got stripped of all his records and Wiebe was recognized as thee first 1m+ scorer.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is a case for leonard j. crabs

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

DACK FAYDEN posted:

someone post that copypasta that Claude always gets in his chat about the guy mad he won't submit to speedrun.com because he has to correct people that he's tenth best not ninth best or whatever

CLAUDE (ANGRILY CHUGS WATER) IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD THAT YOUR TIME’S NOT UP. BECAUSE PEOPLE LOOK AT MY TIME, AND THEY THINK I’M THIRD BEST IN THE WORLD, AND I HAVE TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO SAY “NO, I’M WORSE THAN YOU THINK I AM.” YOU KNOW HOW THAT MAKES ME FEEL?! I HAVE TO GO OUT OF MY WAY TO TELL EVERYBODY WHO LOOKS AT MY TIME, “OH SORRY, I’M NOT AS GOOD AS YOU THINK I AM.” CUZ THERE’S THIS RANDOM PERSON WHO WON’T POST HIS TIME

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Cracking the gently caress up. https://twitter.com/adamsteinbaugh/status/1171892352367177728

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Speedrunning the legal case, nothing wrong here.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm watching that summoning salt vid and lol at the part where twin galaxies banned the use of shortcut pipes for whatever reason in SMB. Not warp pipes, just pipes that take you to further in the stage.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FreeKillB posted:

CLAUDE (ANGRILY CHUGS WATER)
yes this is it thank you very much :shobon:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm watching that summoning salt vid and lol at the part where twin galaxies banned the use of shortcut pipes for whatever reason in SMB. Not warp pipes, just pipes that take you to further in the stage.

That random blurb in the middle of the video brought all sorts of :allears: memories of TG come rushing back in, yeah

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
TG rulesets are treasures that must be protected

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

K8.0 posted:

I like when they insinuate that someone did something like steal their VHS, digitize it, edit it to look emulated, re-record it on VHS, and sneak back in to replace the tape.

you have gotta be loving kidding me :what:

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

https://www.loeb.com/-/media/files/publications/2015/11/mitchell.pdf

quote:

The television character does
not match the Plaintiff in appearance: GBF appears as a non-human creature, a giant floating
head with no body from outer space, while Plaintiff is a human being. Nor does GBF’s story
exactly track Plaintiff’s biographical details. GBF holds the universe record at Broken Bonez;
Plaintiff held the world record at Donkey Kong. GBF attempts to maintain his universe record
through crying and lying about his backstory; Plaintiff maintained his world record by
questioning his opponent’s equipment and the authenticity of his submission of a filmed high
score.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ahahah the regular show episode is involved?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
jesus he sucks

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

ahahah the regular show episode is involved?!

Billy Mitchell sued regular show a while back and lost, which has nothing to do with him also trying to sue TG.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

However, Regular Show is cool and good.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rubellavator posted:

Billy Mitchell sued regular show a while back and lost, which has nothing to do with him also trying to sue TG.

It speaks to the quality of his usual lawsuits that “tried to sue because he was parodied as a cartoon”, also both that lawsuit and the regular show’s interpetation of him are worth bringing up for laughs on a frequent basis anyways because :allears:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

MAME-r was the case that they gave him

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
In other news the 100% Baiten Kaitos run (notable for having a mandatory week wait in the middle for an item to transform) died 4 days in because of a quest not giving both unique rewards when you hand in the higher number of required items. :v:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Sage Grimm posted:

In other news the 100% Baiten Kaitos run (notable for having a mandatory week wait in the middle for an item to transform) died 4 days in because of a quest not giving both unique rewards when you hand in the higher number of required items. :v:

Wait, hang on

Is this runner error, or is there potentially run-killing RNG that only manifests four days into the run?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

Wait, hang on

Is this runner error, or is there potentially run-killing RNG that only manifests four days into the run?

It looks to be runner error, with a side helping of dumb bugs. Per the runner:

Baffan posted:

So there is a quest where you have to give items to starving children. You get rewards after 13 and 21 items given.

Today I learned that if you give 21 at once, the NPC that rewards you for your kindness skips the reward for 13 items given and only gives you the reward for 21 items. And of course, those rewards are unique items. So I simply killed my run because I didn't know that

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
runner error where the runner is the first person to have likely ever run into said error

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This is a kinda heartwarming vid imo because it is a guy who said he watched summoning salt's vids and decided he was gonna try to speedrun mario 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKNtXTLlgs

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah alpharad is good people, and he enthusiastically and emphatically encourages other people to try while providing sources. one of the multi-million subscriber youtubers who is a force for good who(as yet, and hopefully never does) has gone without a single controversy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FirstAidKite posted:

This is a kinda heartwarming vid imo because it is a guy who said he watched summoning salt's vids and decided he was gonna try to speedrun mario 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiKNtXTLlgs

that was fun

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lmao so gdq twitch channel is hosting a REmake rando race and this guy was just in a basement hallway where lisa trevor popped out, he avoided her, gets up the elevator and there are two tyrants waiting for him

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

site posted:

lmao so gdq twitch channel is hosting a REmake rando race and this guy was just in a basement hallway where lisa trevor popped out, he avoided her, gets up the elevator and there are two tyrants waiting for him

Yeah... the game has two of them to make it seem like he's good at chasing you, and they're supposed to be restricted to separate areas but the pathing can get screwed up enough that they intersect.
Or does the rando just... do that?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well it also had yawn appear in a random room in the labs, and sharks can appear in literally any room, no water necessary, so i think it can just do that

e: the room with the tyrants wasnt the in the finale area it was in the mansion

site fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The remake rando has options to toggle them so yes it can do that