Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Soviet Commubot posted:

:flashfap:

e: I just noticed Texiceland

Texas is just keeping Iceland's seat warm while it's on its turkish vacation.

Scandinavia's gone a little wrong and Germany seems a bit empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

The map gets better and better the more I look at it.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

dublish posted:

The map gets better and better the more I look at it.

THE OWOMAN EMPIRE

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The UK loves dogs :dogbutton: :swoon: :chord: :britain:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Speaking of which... Dogs per capita

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s the Byzantine Empire in A.D. 1203, but that’s not important.

It looks like a dinosaur, say Tethyshadros.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Speaking of which... Dogs per capita

Yeah but in Romania haven’t those dogs mostly re-evolved back into wolves? What’s up with Portugal and Czech Republic and Lithuania? Same deal? I won’t remember seeing wild packs of dogs roaming the streets anywhere else besides Argentina.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Saladman posted:

Yeah but in Romania haven’t those dogs mostly re-evolved back into wolves? What’s up with Portugal and Czech Republic and Lithuania? Same deal? I won’t remember seeing wild packs of dogs roaming the streets anywhere else besides Argentina.

At least in the Czech Republic I don't remember seeing a wild dog in my 17-something years of living there (lotsa wild cats though). I think they get captured quickly, especially as it's illegal to have an unleashed dog in public in the first place.

Fair few people have dogs as pets though, the bastards. When cats are clearly superior.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know if there is some kind of historical explanation but they just really love their dogs. Which is good, it seems to keep the cats in their place.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Saladman posted:

I don't know about Portugal , but in CZ, people just own a poo poo ton of dogs, even in cities. In Romania I think it's largely because there is still a huge agricultural sector and every farmer needs a dog, I doubt they counted strays.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Platystemon posted:

It’s the Byzantine Empire in A.D. 1203

:negative:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Buddy, wait until you hear about the Empire in 1204.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

This is amazing, but I don't understand why somebody apparently MS Painted a Franconian sea.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Platystemon posted:

Roman Empire.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Platystemon posted:

You're going to have to help me with this one. Preferably with a poorly-drawn MS Paint outline.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tree Bucket posted:

You're going to have to help me with this one. Preferably with a poorly-drawn MS Paint outline.

The black sea coast of the Empire is the lower part of its head.

The Black Sea itself is the upper part of its head.

Its eyes are in Crimea.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

I see that Luxembourg has finally ceased to exist

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Fun fact if you laid Ohio over Europe with Toledo where Paris is then Stuttgart is in the location of Lexington, Kentucky.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Fun fact if you laid Ohio over Europe with Toledo where Paris is then Stuttgart is in the location of Lexington, Kentucky.

I’m still waiting for the fun from this fact.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Population exposure to risk of earthquakes, tropical cyclones, flooding, droughts and sea level rise, from the World Risk Report 2019.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Family Values posted:

I’m still waiting for the fun from this fact.

It would crush a lot of Europeans, if you're into that sort of thing, I guess.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
*breath quickens as I lean back faux-casually* just curious, what scenario would oh I dunno crush a lot of Ohioans

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Greetings from *squints at Google Maps* middle of nowhere, Indiana!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

Honj Steak posted:

Population exposure to risk of earthquakes, tropical cyclones, flooding, droughts and sea level rise, from the World Risk Report 2019.

That scale though.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Toronto is the lamest big city that deserves the moniker "big city" and the Netherlands doesn't deserve that.

e: come to think of it, none of those countries but England deserve to be in the midwest at all.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 12, 2019

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Honj Steak posted:

That's extremely useless for larger countries.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Toronto is the lamest big city that deserves the moniker "big city" and the Netherlands doesn't deserve that.

e: come to think of it, none of those countries but England deserve to be in the midwest at all.

Europe's Midwest is definitely stuff like Hungary, Ukraine, and Poland.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

frankenfreak posted:

Greetings from *squints at Google Maps* middle of nowhere, Indiana!

all of indiana is the middle of nowhere

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Serbia really seems like it should be the Kentucky of Europe not Spain

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Grape posted:

Europe's Midwest is definitely stuff like Hungary, Ukraine, and Poland.

I can't speak for the others but Hungary at least has good food. And doesn't Poland have pierogis?

So not like the midwest.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

System Metternich posted:

I see that Luxembourg has finally ceased to exist

It's the state of Franklin.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I can't speak for the others but Hungary at least has good food. And doesn't Poland have pierogis?

So not like the midwest.

Maybe Britain was the right answer all along.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how the hell did the mapmaker forget to put the new location of versailles?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

So not like the midwest.

Pierogis are disgusting and very midwestern in spirit. Mashed potato inside fried dough with a bunch of heavy sauces on top??

Also I’m pretty sure Chicago has more Michelin stars than Budapest or Warsaw

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Everyone is just a little too critical now.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Starks posted:

Pierogis are disgusting and very midwestern in spirit. Mashed potato inside fried dough with a bunch of heavy sauces on top??

Also I’m pretty sure Chicago has more Michelin stars than Budapest or Warsaw

Do NOT disparage the pirogi. There's all sorts of types of pirogi, not just potatoes, and they aren't covered in heavy sauces either, it's sour cream or apple sauce.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do NOT disparage the pirogi. There's all sorts of types of pirogi, not just potatoes, and they aren't covered in heavy sauces either, it's sour cream or apple sauce.

Ok well if it’s not potato that might be better but I bet they’re still gross.

Here’s a dumpling map so you can see just how low they rank just in their specific food category

Edit: looking at this map I realize the absence of xiaolongbao, Jamaican patties, and pop tarts (the three best dumplings) is pretty egregious

Starks fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Sep 12, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Starks posted:

Here’s a dumpling map so you can see just how low they rank just in their specific food category

I like how they used the Swedish name for veripalttu since no Finn eats it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Starks posted:

Lithuania looks different these days

Also what the gently caress is Pittsburgh pierogi