Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1171487418320486406?s=19

https://twitter.com/peterwalker99/status/1172133491850563585?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

yeah you'd need a construction crew of giants

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

The Johnson's Causeway

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The speed with which he's jumped straight into the Mad King Stage is pretty impressive

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I would gladly read an expanded/extended version of that letter. Fascinating stuff.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I think this is the key here:

quote:

The DUP, the party supporting the Conservatives in Parliament, believes a bridge could break the Brexit impasse by removing the need for a border in the Irish Sea.

We're totally building it! *bridge is never built*

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
2020: Boris Johnson ties himself to a steed and charges into the ocean to defeat Europe

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Barry Foster posted:

The speed with which he's jumped straight into the Mad King Stage is pretty impressive

I mean huge boondoggle project ideas, idiotic publicity stunts and not understanding the basics of how his job works is entirely in line with Boris Johnson's entire career

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Fair point lol, I forgot his Other Bridge

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

glimpses of a better world:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26b8HkhGoc

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Barry Foster posted:

Fair point lol, I forgot his Other Bridge

Oh yeah you just reminded me of that stupid loving millennium bridge that sways about in the wind. I walked over it a couple of times and it made me feel sick.

twoday
May 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gschmidl posted:

I think this is the key here:

We're totally building it! *bridge is never built*
How would a bridge remove the need for a border? Digging a canal between the republic and northern ireland seems like a more effective way to deal with border issues.

e: Aah, I see someone else is already on the case.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

can't wait to take the Eurostar directly from Paris to Dublin with no stops in between

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

tory infrastructure - an expensive shaky edifice using a pit of lurking unexploded ordnance as a foundation

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

A Buttery Pastry posted:

How would a bridge remove the need for a border? Digging a canal between the republic and northern ireland seems like a more effective way to deal with border issues.

e: Aah, I see someone else is already on the case.

Yeah, I'm wrong. It's like saying a bridge between the US and Canada removes the need for a border.

twoday
May 4, 2005

The coolest thing about this proposal is that it doesn't really help England in any way, and only makes sense if Scotland stays in the UK which is highly questionable at best

twoday
May 4, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lmao

tory infrastructure - an expensive shaky edifice using a pit of lurking unexploded ordnance as a foundation

Don't forget all the nuclear waste!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I suppose the bodies of the construction workers dying from dumped but still active munitions would eventually build up enough matter to create a new landmass

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

menacing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

twoday posted:

The coolest thing about this proposal is that it doesn't really help England in any way, and only makes sense if Scotland stays in the UK which is highly questionable at best

oh it would connect in Scotland ?? lmao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i think a tunnel between kintyre and the glens (of antrim) could hypothetically be like 10km long, which is a fifth of the channel tunnels length

but you run into the problem of who wants to go to either of those places, let alone between them

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Driving from Glasgow to the Mull of kintyre takes four hours. Even if the bridge was possible it would still be faster and more convenient to take the ferry for most people.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mods please rename me The Glans of Antrim

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

mods please rename me The Glans of Antrim

ironically it is kintyre that looks like a dick

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

arran is the balls btw

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Wonder how deep that NO TAIG trench would have to be to fill in the Irish Sea.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Floppy Johnson can't get a suspension (bridge)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a true solution to the irish backstop; macro-scale terraforming

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Cheaper to just kill us all and blame the french.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Come on, just reconvene parliament with everybody but Boris so you guy can get on to refighting the English Civil War

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Do you guys feel like you're rotated into the imaginary dimension? I keep feeling like this can't possibly be happening (over here in the US) and people can't possibly be doing this, and yet it is and they are. Just ... it's like everything I believed about government turned out to be made of tissue paper and is now on fire.

welcome to Carcosa, all the masks are off and the revels are just starting

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Relevant Tangent posted:

welcome to Carcosa, all the masks are off and the revels are just starting

The revellers dropping in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel and each dying in the despairing posture of their fall would be the ideal outcome here.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Grape posted:

Always explain America to Western Europeans by asking them to imagine if their country was grafted onto like Serbia or Moldova. Not EU style. But like literally added together.
If they shudder you know they understand now.

That might just be Western Europeans instinctive racism though.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Relevant Tangent posted:

Jesus was white, straight, and definitely hosed every day. Once you internalize those facts Evangelicals make a lot more sense.

jesus was a carpentry small businessman whose hard work allowed him to retire early, who then traveled around the modern and continuously existing state of israel conducting seminars teaching others the secrets of his success mindset, along with twelve of his fantasy gladiator league buddies. sometimes they fished and threw back brews (the brews were called wine but it definitely was nothing like what we call wine because jesus wasnt a fuckin pansy)

jesus even invented mudding when he threw mud in the eyes of a blind man, who could immediately see and said "wow, that's the coolest thing ive ever seen. i shoudl assemble my entire identity around this activity"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

silvergoose posted:

Oh wow yeah if somehow art50 gets revoked there's gonna be people who still claim brexit happened and that's why I shot at that foreigner your honor, also this court is illegal

can't wait for dueling to come back into vogue in this, the honorable, forthright post-Brexit UK

twoday
May 4, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

Jesus was white, straight, and definitely hosed every day. Once you internalize those facts Evangelicals make a lot more sense.

There was a song in one of the Something Awful Christmas Albums called "Blue-eyed Blonde-haired White Baby Jesus" and it is just so drat catchy that it still pops into my head whenever I see a manger scene at Christmas

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

SardonicTyrant posted:

Floppy Johnson can't get a suspension (bridge)

Floppy Johnson dreams of impossibly large erection.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

wasn't bojo going to be arrested for treason against the crown did that get dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

how the gently caress

I'm guessing that's not possible?