Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hello Faithless replacement in Phoenix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

This seems like a really good limited common

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Tainen posted:

Kenrith family

Is the woman there Will and Rowan's mom or step-mom? I thought the step-mom was evil. Also it looks like they have 2 other siblings (or half-siblings) we haven't seen yet.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

axeil posted:

Is the woman there Will and Rowan's mom or step-mom? I thought the step-mom was evil. Also it looks like they have 2 other siblings (or half-siblings) we haven't seen yet.

Their birth mom was a witch and was killed by the step-mom. The step-mom (Linden) is good. Their half-siblings are called Hazel (12) and Erec (4?).

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TheKingofSprings posted:

they knew

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I feel like haggle is unique at 1 cmc right?

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

TheKingofSprings posted:

I guess this is as good as 1 cmc will ever get for Izzet Phoenix now. This would be really irritating in Mono-Red Phoenix if you're also running Bedlam Reveler.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

“That has an adventure” is some world-class templating

InterrupterJones posted:

I guess this is as good as 1 cmc will ever get for Izzet Phoenix now. This would be really irritating in Mono-Red Phoenix if you're also running Bedlam Reveler.

The problem with adventure cards in that archetype is that they’re not instants and sorceries in the yard. Also it’s impossible to know without looking at the comp rules for adventure but I think that adventure cards can’t trigger ascension because the name on the stack is the sorcery’s name, but the name in all other zones is the creature’s.

DAD LOST MY IPOD fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 12, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

To clarify, this is pertaining to Wizards and 9/11

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/coL_Amazonian/status/1172159431624335365

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
More self hate color cards

Specter's Shriek B

Sorcery

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a nonland card from the opponent's hand. If you do, opponent exiles that card. If a nonblack card was exiled in this way, exile a card from your hand.

Oakhame Pariah 3G

Creature - Elf Warrior

This spell costs 2 less to cast if an opponent controls a green permanent.

Deathtouch

Whenever Oakhame Pariah deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.

2/3

Red Cap Brawl

Instant

R

Red Cap Brawl deals 4 damage to target creature or planeswalker. If it deals damage to a non-red permanent, you sacrifice a land.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Specters shriek seems very good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Buy your Eternal Scourges now :v:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

jassi007 posted:

There are some decent things out there. Brandon Sanderson is a decent author who isn't a weirdo about women and treats writing as a job, not a hobby.

He’s a Mormon lol

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Oceanbound posted:

Their birth mom was a witch and was killed by the step-mom. The step-mom (Linden) is good. Their half-siblings are called Hazel (12) and Erec (4?).

Oh that's a nice twist on the typical trope. I wonder if Linden is gonna get a card, I saw some art of her holding a bigass sword that looked cool.

edit: I also think having an inter-racial royal family is very cool and probably makes shitheads that suck really, really mad making it even better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

C-Euro posted:

Misthollow Griffin Food Chain :getin:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Sickening posted:

I feel like haggle is unique at 1 cmc right?

Depending on how unique you want to be, Insolent Neonate can do the same 1-mana discard-and-draw.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

axeil posted:

Oh that's a nice twist on the typical trope. I wonder if Linden is gonna get a card, I saw some art of her holding a bigass sword that looked cool.

edit: I also think having an inter-racial royal family is very cool and probably makes shitheads that suck really, really mad making it even better.

Current speculation is she's the WWW Legendary Noble

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Haggle does trigger Thing in the Ice unlike Insolent Neonate

I doubt its going to cut it though because ultimately you're seeing 1/4 as many cards without the flashback. Though you can use the ability in an absolute pinch. Suspect it will be more of a player in Dredge tho.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

teddust posted:

I don't doubt that some people didn't really like the weird art and flavor with the Kami, but underpowered set that sells like poo poo after a broken one is about as fundamental to magic as a 2/2 for 2 mana.

See also Mercadian Masques, which was a standard everyone hated

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

axeil posted:

If I recall, freemagic flipped out a couple months ago at the first image of the black queen and made some post titled with some "Dindu nuffin" type racist poo poo

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

TheKingofSprings posted:

Misthollow Griffin Food Chain :getin:

Ok wait why? I know it's not for adventure spell creatures. Am I missing something? Just for Spectral Shriek's exile ability?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

InterrupterJones posted:

Ok wait why? I know it's not for adventure spell creatures. Am I missing something?

The self hate black discard spell enables your scourge and misthallows into your exile.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

InterrupterJones posted:

Ok wait why? I know it's not for adventure spell creatures. Am I missing something?

That discard spell is like an inquisition or thoughtseize on steroids if you have an exile creature

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Boy if MTG nerds are gonna be mad about interracial loyalty no one tell them about the House of Windsor.

Also kinda weird timing cause Dragon Prince came out last year and has an interracial royalty as well? But that's a kids show by the Avatar people so that's kinda par for the course.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

If I recall, freemagic flipped out a couple months ago at the first image of the black queen and made some post titled with some "Dindu nuffin" type racist poo poo

Christ, I never should have looked freemagic up.

This is rad

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

This is insane.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

That discard spell is like an inquisition or thoughtseize on steroids if you have an exile creature

Ok then, may be pretty good. I guess it works better than Manipulate Fate as long as the creatures are already in your hand.

I'm sorry WHAT

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Keeping your commander pods fair since 2019

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Vaah posted:

Christ, I never should have looked freemagic up.

If you enjoy trolling chuds, there's no better place. They are super easy to rile up

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=23015&d=357817&f=MO

This list makes me really happy and I want to put a Teferi in to replace something

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

This forces burn and storm decks to splash green or white doesn't it? Bad news for anyone wanting Phoenix back in modern too, right?

Swank art whatever.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

BizarroAzrael posted:

This forces burn and storm decks to splash green or white doesn't it? Bad news for anyone wanting Phoenix back in modern too, right?

Swank art whatever.

I mean Storm can still just Echoing Truth it like it does against all other hate cards like Rule of Law, Canonist, or Damping Sphere.

But yeah, between this and the Looting ban, Phoenix is just done in modern.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Another card to add to the All Screaming Art deck

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

that is one motherfucker of a hate card

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:getin:

This card is great

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Glad I didn't craft feather.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

drainpipe posted:

Glad I didn't craft feather.

Yeah I think that card effectively kills off Feather.

Might kill off Simic Flash too, although I think they usually are only playing one counter each turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Nice shot in the arm for Modern D&T.