Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sleepwalkers posted:

wrestlesplania is a good podcast, but everything they do that isn't the podcast has almost universally hosed audio and i don't know why.
Also really good discord server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

sleepwalkers posted:

wrestlesplania is a good podcast, but everything they do that isn't the podcast has almost universally hosed audio and i don't know why.

Rachel was on an ep of Nobody's Watching Wrestling and she was screaming at the top of her lungs within the first five seconds and I had to close tab.

Like if she was saying something funny that'd be one thing but I think she was just trying to get DJ Accident Report to cheers their whiteclaws together.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rachel is good people. Please buy her documentary on gerrymandering and send stuff to your elected officials.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

coconono fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 14, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nope. Too screechy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ICHIBAHN posted:

Nope. Too screechy

just like your posting, tbh.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rachel rules, this thread drools

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I love podcasts

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I guess I'll give nu Wrestlesplania a try but I don't know or care about any of the people that aren't Rachel and am not 100% enthused by the concept, especially since it's largely men in the group in that video and one of the main draws of the show for me was the female perspective on pro wrestling.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kath's other podcast, What a Time to be Alive is yet another Funny People Read Weird News Stories but they're really funny so I recommend it.

Haven't listened to her other other podcast yet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I do hope that Wrestlesplania remains at maximum horny levels, however.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I will stick to OSW I think

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I will stick to OSW I think

this guy can't handle the horniness

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

imo it's not wrestlesplania unless it's both Kath and Rachel so I dunno how I feel about this new setup, but obviously I'll still give it a listen!

that said, hopefully it'll just be one or two guest hosts at a time because a screeching roundtable is a hard pass from me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

“Mike Awesome’s Love Bus, in which he drives around the country and makes love” has fully loving killed me

The bit where they're enthusiatically explaining about how he is trying to get her onto the bus to make love cracked me up. Also,"....is this a trap?"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

this guy can't handle the horniness

Have you watched/heard the OSW podcast there is a ton of horniness mixed in with figuring out what chocolate bar each wrestler is dressed like

I think I'm also biased toward their show because they cover the cartoon era quite often which I still look back on fondly even if it was garbage

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

osw is entertaining but I've always had a bit of a sour taste in my mouth about them when one of their patreon podcasts about the hall of fame had... ooc(??) go on a lengthy rant about how stupid it was that Beth Phoenix decided to talk about being a woman in the industry or whatever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

osw is entertaining but I've always had a bit of a sour taste in my mouth about them when one of their patreon podcasts about the hall of fame had... ooc(??) go on a lengthy rant about how stupid it was that Beth Phoenix decided to talk about being a woman in the industry or whatever.

I haven't seen any of those I don't think just the stuff they put on youtube.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I haven't seen any of those I don't think just the stuff they put on youtube.

yeah, sorry, that wasn't really meant to be in direct opposition to you. I'm able to enjoy most of what they do without necessarily liking them. they're comprehensive and fit a solid niche.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

yeah, sorry, that wasn't really meant to be in direct opposition to you. I'm able to enjoy most of what they do without necessarily liking them. they're comprehensive and fit a solid niche.

No worries I just assume anyone in anything I like anymore has said something stupid and/or offensive because it seems like they're all doing it nowadays and when you add in the being involved with wrestling factor it seems like the likelyhood is near 100 percent

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Okay I don't remember if it was the Retro Nitro show or Filthy Four, but Bryan had an amazing comeback along the lines of "is that like Suzuki-gun?" that had me cracking up. Does anyone remember which one it was from?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Okay I don't remember if it was the Retro Nitro show or Filthy Four, but Bryan had an amazing comeback along the lines of "is that like Suzuki-gun?" that had me cracking up. Does anyone remember which one it was from?

I think it was on the recent NWA recap (Superstars maybe?) where somebody referenced a wrestler as somebody else's goon, but said it in a weird way like,"That's Cornette Goon!" or something like that?

Edit: VVVV There we go!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Sep 13, 2019

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dango Bango posted:

It was the retro nitro, in response to Cat talking about "Vince Russo Goon" and it really was amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

It was the retro nitro, in response to Cat talking about "Vince Russo Goon" and it really was amazing.

Yes! That was it and I had to pause it I was laughing so hard.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Osw is disgusting, homophobic, mysogonist and racist.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I really like the format of the podcast overlaid to relevant video, wish more podcasts would do that. There's a few people on YT who do the same for F4W like randyHEADLOCKorton but a lot of them have been taken down sadly, presumably copyright claimed.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ICHIBAHN posted:

yeah and it suks because they're perfectly funny without all that poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

you could have just said "Osw is Irish"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Attitude Era podcast is like OSW with less video and less all that bad poo poo.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

TheKingslayer posted:

They're awesome, and I really enjoy their Patreon series as well (Smackdown Crawl, "Bibilo-tech" where one of the guys reviews wrestling-related books, occasional videos). They keep the "I think I'm really funny" to a minimum, which is part of what makes OSW, Lapsed Fan, et al unlistenable (in my opinion).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Their review of Journey Into Darkness is one of my favorite episodes. Everything to do with Kane is ludicrous.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TheKingslayer posted:

Their review of Journey Into Darkness is one of my favorite episodes. Everything to do with Kane is ludicrous.

the chemicals...

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

TheKingslayer posted:

They get things wrong a lot

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Also, the AE Podcast release schedule is complete garbage. 1 episode a month & “bonus” episodes count as their monthly release. The next episode can be pushed back 2 or 3 months because they want to review crap nobody cares about.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Smoking Crow posted:

They get things wrong a lot

Kefin doesn’t know as much about wrestling as he thinks he does and it used to bug me a lot, but he started reading the observer backlog recently and he’s been a lot better about that.

I absolutely love the AE Podcast. The Smackdown Crawl is a complete delight and well worth a few bucks. Kefin’s impression of the British Bulldog is worth it alone.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I've been listening back to the AE Podcasts about 2000, and it's a funny contrast between their incredibly gushing positives for almost everyone and Bryan and Vinny's derision of Hunter always staying ahead of everyone. I don't mind either, it's just funny.

And both podcasts loving HATE Biker Taker.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't recall anyone saying they like Biker Taker.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Kefin doesn’t know as much about wrestling as he thinks he does and it used to bug me a lot, but he started reading the observer backlog recently and he’s been a lot better about that.

I absolutely love the AE Podcast. The Smackdown Crawl is a complete delight and well worth a few bucks. Kefin’s impression of the British Bulldog is worth it alone.

I used to love it, then I fell off it once their initial run ended, so I listened again recently and couldn't make it through an episode because Kefin cannot loving stop ending sentences with "like".

"gently caress sake like", "do you know what I mean like?" etc etc

I'll just stick with OSW, though I do like the laid back charms of the Old School Wrestling Podcast, which at least lives up to its name and isn't just endless WWF with the occasional WCW like everyone else seems to.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DrVenkman posted:

I used to love it, then I fell off it once their initial run ended, so I listened again recently and couldn't make it through an episode because Kefin cannot loving stop ending sentences with "like".

"gently caress sake like", "do you know what I mean like?" etc etc
dont ever move to ireland or you’ll kill yourself like

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

nobody should be listening to comedy recap podcasts for absolute historical accuracy, that's what eighteen hour episodes of between the sheets are for! Kefin largely operates off his own recollection and I don't think he makes any bones about it. I listen because they're funny, not because they're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave and Garrett get into 90210 chat again on the latest WOR, and even delve a little into A Very Brady Renovation (which beat Raw in the ratings this week)!