Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It costs 1 instead of 3, I am wild.

About that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Humans and Spirits may want that in the side, too

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

axeil posted:

Yeah I think that card effectively kills off Feather.

Might kill off Simic Flash too, although I think they usually are only playing one counter each turn.

Am I crazy, or is this nice SB for aggro against control as well? I'm thinking about it in WBr Knights.

TheMaestroso fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 12, 2019

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Mat Cauthon posted:

Nice shot in the arm for Modern D&T.

Ya I legit cannot tell how this card plays with it. 2 in the board but is it maindeck worthy

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Silhouette posted:

Humans and Spirits may want that in the side, too

Ya, I think so. Sucks that it’s not attached to a human creature, but the new mana base makes it less of a tough sell.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

uggy posted:

Ya I legit cannot tell how this card plays with it. 2 in the board but is it maindeck worthy

Swapping these into Legacy D&T for my 2 Ethersworn Canonist in the side.

Vialing in a Canonist is nice, but this is a massive upgrade for fighting Storm to be able to drop one turn 1 when currently the earliest you can fight back is turn 2 at best if you hard cast a Thalia or Canonist. It's also way harder to remove than a creature (less relevant, but still true).

Speaking of Legacy, anyone else going to GP Atlanta next weekend?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'm glad it's just a 1-cmc enchantment so it can be Rule of Law But Good.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/rpancoast_art/status/1172204304985460737?s=21

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I love artists like that. Reminds me of a great video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjvO4r2SdZA

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

uggy posted:

It's good but modern taxes decks don't really need it atm. They already weren't playing eidolon/canonist on a regular basis, and the turn 1 action isn't necessary like it would be for legacy taxes. If a storm style deck that taxes didn't inherently beat became popular, I could see jamming some in the side.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Hmmm is the self-hate black card playable MD even without a way of abusing exile (in Standard)? It's usually a 2 for 1 against you but it's an exiling Thoughtseize. And oh man if you are playing against a deck where what you want to take is black.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

What if that exilesieze is the last card in your hand?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BizarroAzrael posted:

This forces burn and storm decks to splash green or white doesn't it? Bad news for anyone wanting Phoenix back in modern too, right?

Swank art whatever.

A lot of burn decks already splash for Destructive Revelry. Burn really isn't hurt too much assuming they get a decent mix of creatures/spells. It does bone all spell draws, especially those heavy in Rift Bolt, but that's about it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

meanolmrcloud posted:

What if that exilesieze is the last card in your hand?

It’s not a cost, so nothing, you seize and move on

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

TheKingofSprings posted:

It’s not a cost, so nothing, you seize and move on

Seems like itd be good for a black based knight deck to take a wrath after dropping its hand. At least a few of the stronger sweepers are black too, including the new witchy one

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It's good but modern taxes decks don't really need it atm. They already weren't playing eidolon/canonist on a regular basis, and the turn 1 action isn't necessary like it would be for legacy taxes. If a storm style deck that taxes didn't inherently beat became popular, I could see jamming some in the side.

I also run modern taxes, and I don't know if this is better than Damping Sphere. Damping sphere accomplishes a similar thing of taxing multiple spells, but also has the added upside of hating on Tron and Amulet. Plus multi-spell combo decks like Storm, Ad Nauseum, and Living End aren't super popular right now. Phoenix is already dead from the Looting ban. It slows down Burn, Neoform, and Infect, but I don't know if that's enough.

I could see it in Legacy and Vintage though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Autumn burchett has a bunch of cool knights to spoil

https://twitter.com/AutumnLilyMTG/status/1172207112971268097?s=19

Im a fan of the ogre knight

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Hmmm is the self-hate black card playable MD even without a way of abusing exile (in Standard)? It's usually a 2 for 1 against you but it's an exiling Thoughtseize. And oh man if you are playing against a deck where what you want to take is black.

Depends on how the format shakes out, but I think there's a case to be made for it especially since Esper and Bx aggro will be extremely strong and all over the place post-rotation.

Edit: Ogre Knight owns. I can't tell what's going on in that Knight of the Keep art.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Sep 12, 2019

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

meanolmrcloud posted:

Seems like itd be good for a black based knight deck to take a wrath after dropping its hand. At least a few of the stronger sweepers are black too, including the new witchy one

If you're trying to rip a 4 mana sweeper before it comes online then you'll be 10 cards into your deck (barring mulligans) so your hand will likely not be empty by that point.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Gross

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok that one is insanely loving better than the other quad hybrid creatures

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fun with Delve and Convoke

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't think that card is good (how many 5 cost creatures do you realistically cast in a game?). Its neat tho.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

No Wave posted:

I don't think that card is good (how many 5 cost creatures do you realistically cast in a game?). Its neat tho.

I agree it's not that great but you don't have to cast creature spells to get the effect.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
true, my b. With nissa, specifically.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
As a 4/4 for 4 that does something else it's almost a reasonable card compared to the other 4 hybrid guys.

I could see this following Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner in some sort of Big Boys deck.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

I'm gonna say it

Dies to removal

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sampatrick posted:

I'm gonna say it

Dies to removal

If they remove the 4 drop instead of the 5+ drops it empowers, you've fuckin won.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

If they remove the 4 drop instead of the 5+ drops it empowers, you've fuckin won.

this is a bizarre approach to magic that i do not subscribe to

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

obviously it's not particularly good in constructed, but it seems better in limited than 4 mana raise the alarm followed by 4 mana activated anthem for instance

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It seems good in draft but I have a hard time seeing it in constructed. It has the Teferi problem, if nothing else.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
turtle hydra

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
so you're saying they need to reprint slash panther

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Elyv posted:

obviously it's not particularly good in constructed, but it seems better in limited than 4 mana raise the alarm followed by 4 mana activated anthem for instance

I kinda disagree. The 4 mana repeatable anthem is pretty strong and coming with two bodies is also strong. The ub and uw ones are also probably better than this one.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

It’s a turtle hydra. :3:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/maro254/status/1172198040263741441

WORLD MEET

...a bad journey to nowhere

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Correction, an artifact Journey to Nowhere!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I could see this following Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner in some sort of Big Boys deck.

I've been wanting a deck for that card ever since it was first spoiled, so yeah I'm on board.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

oh cool its an enchantment that red can destroy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Really blurring the line between enchantment and colored artifact.