Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Sailor Moonsou. Come on, it writes itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I picked up the Berserk Musou for like 5 bucks from a buddy the other day. Its a lot better than I expected based on some second hand reviews.

Guts may be the most satisfying character to play as in any Musou I've played. Which is good because there are only like 5 maps out of 50 in the story mode where you even get the option to play as anyone else lol.

Now to dig and see if there are any other decent recent Musous I've missed now that I've mostly exhausted it, HW:D, FEW and PW3.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I wish I didn't have to hook up my ps3 or 360 to play the Dynasty Warriors Gundam games. I also wish they had kept Master Asia's English voice actor past DWG2, because him yelling about being the undefeated of the east, west, north, south, and center was always hilarious. Also Turn A Gundam had maybe my favorite animations in any Musou game. Plus you could play as Laura Roller instead of Lauren Cehack if you wanted!

Really hoping that Isekai Musou turns out to be a thing and let's my play as Ainz so I can cast THE PURPOSE OF ALL LIFE IS DEATH followed by FALLEN DOWN.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Plus you could play as Laura Roller instead of Lauren Cehack if you wanted!

It was really good that playing as Laura actually changed the NPCs' dialogue.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Really hoping that Isekai Musou turns out to be a thing and let's my play as Ainz so I can cast THE PURPOSE OF ALL LIFE IS DEATH followed by FALLEN DOWN.

GOD BLOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Almost anything to do with Heero in DWG is really funny. Like the email he sends you in 2 that's like

Subject: I'll kill you!

or when Setsuna says "Ah yes, you too...are gundam", everyone else is just kinda baffled while Heero is like "Hm, yes...yes I am"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I liked everyone's original outfits from the beginning of the show so I hope that's an option now.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Wasn't a Precure Musou the most requested crossover in Japan a few years back? I'm guessing if Toei hasn't allowed that to happen yet, Sailor Moon Musou is unlikely too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 makes me want to play 3 again. I still got my ps4 copy.

EDIT: Answered my own questions.

One more thing: I looked up some info on the arc that trailer was based off of, and I actually am kinda mad at Oda. Well, not MAD mad, more God loving Damnit mad.

Ichiji, Niiji, Sanji, Yonji

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 21, 2019

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Schubalts posted:

He was a pretty lovely person in general. Just look at how he got his "wife".

Still can't believe they turned her into a playable character.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Angry Lobster posted:

Fujitora can become extremely powerful if you build him to abuse his R1 ability, probably top 3 but I find him pretty boring to play. Whitebeard is also really good, but I have more of an incentive to actually use his moveset instead of spamming one ability.

Eh, Fuji's other attacks are really powerful too. He clears maps and hits like a truck regardless of how you play him.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Wasn't a Precure Musou the most requested crossover in Japan a few years back? I'm guessing if Toei hasn't allowed that to happen yet, Sailor Moon Musou is unlikely too.

Precure and Sentai both have this problem where their primary target audiences are so young that all of the video games they make for them anymore are weird oversimplified nonsense and minigame collections. Sailor Moon is pretty much purely a nostalgia franchise targeted at adults nowadays and was never pitched as young as Precure in the first place so if it’s something that someone in an approval position is dead set against then it’s probably for different reasons.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mArFznrhRw\

WO4 Hyper?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-announcement-leaked

I guess Joan is back

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I just got the digital deluxe for Switch WO4 on sale the other week. Hopefully, maybe, they'll release a DLC upgrade for it????? ahahahahahahaha please tho KT :(

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Takoluka posted:

I just got the digital deluxe for Switch WO4 on sale the other week. Hopefully, maybe, they'll release a DLC upgrade for it????? ahahahahahahaha please tho KT :(

thank you for your sacrifice

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you know what this means, bladestorm 2!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Takoluka posted:

If AoT2 was any indication, it'll be part of the base game but previous owners will have to pay another 40 bucks to get it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Davincie posted:

you know what this means, bladestorm 2!

And why not? It wasn't a foul game.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kirbysuperstar posted:

thank you for your sacrifice

Considering the number of copies of Orochi games I've bought over time, grabbing an Ultimate copy is just gonna be par for the course for me.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I need that Cao Cao gif as my new follower alert on twitch.

It was my favorite moment of the show.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Takoluka posted:

good news

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

n addition to a standalone release, Koei Tecmo will also release a 4,800 yen “Upgrade Pack” for users who own the original Warriors Orochi 4, which will add the additional elements of the expansion

its not cheap but at least its not full price

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, I'll pay that, especially if the jump to Ultimate is as big as 3's was. I spent more time in Gauntlet Mode than the Story Mode.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Maybe I'll get the platinum is 3U before that comes out

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Edit: nvm! Already posted.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I fell off WO4 pretty fast so I dunno if I'll buy in on this edition but, maybe it'll be better.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Apparently it's adding 7 new characters (including a new god and Jean) and an Infinity Mode, if the last one's any good that'll be enough for me.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I fell off WO4 pretty fast so I dunno if I'll buy in on this edition but, maybe it'll be better.

Azran posted:

Apparently it's adding 7 new characters (including a new god and Jean) and an Infinity Mode, if the last one's any good that'll be enough for me.

Is there anything close to a discount for current WO4 owners (i.e. DLC)? I'm not rebuying the same loving game for the sake of seven characters and a gimmick mode.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Is there anything close to a discount for current WO4 owners (i.e. DLC)? I'm not rebuying the same loving game for the sake of seven characters and a gimmick mode.

They've announced an upgrade DLC for the base game, with an equivalent price of around $40 in Japan (and presumably something similar in the West).

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Azran posted:

Are they adding Sasuke from Spirit of Sanada? If not then eh.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I guess that means they've changed their minds about All-Stars being for tie-in characters. Or maybe Jeanne gets a pass since she's real.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

William Adams was real, why can't he dropkick Zeus?

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
WO4 was pretty fun to blast through, but has no replayability factors for me. It’s going to have to be pretty good DLC for me to waste more than my current 40hours on the game. Probably my smallest time investment on a Warriors game since the side game Dynasty Tactics.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Tecmo Koei running back the "Warriors Orochi 4 will have NO CROSSOVERS" statement hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mllkiNM9FI

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
KT doing what they should have done in the first place. Seriously, Achilles was in the very last game and he was nowhere to be seen in the sequel that involved the Greek pantheon dicking around with the cast.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I wonder if we'll get the guy from Nioh.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I'm still holding out hope for Bo Jackson.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hoLvZfW7rw
New ROTK14 trailer.

Looks like ROTK11 with a hex grid.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndSw-HBoFIs

ROTK X was the best game in the series and the fact that that'll probably remain so for a very long time makes me sad. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I actually finally bought the PUK for 13 the other day because it's on it's bi-annual sale and it's... not bad? It adds quite a bit of additional character building stuff to make you feel like you're doing more, and the AI does feel a little improved, but it's still very tedious to have to manually tell all your officers every time they finish an action to keep doing said action and I still miss having free roam with treasure hunting quests and the like. It's pricey but it made me like RTK 13 a little more.