Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Asema posted:

I did not know that this is a normal thing with that poster.

He once described his team's 3 point lead going into the half as a tie game because the other team had a field goal kicker on their roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Kawalimus loves two things

Birds
Chicken Littling over the Ravens

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
:stonk:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1172213415999410177?s=19

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Poor Beningo. The pain cam :laugh:

https://twitter.com/WFAN660/status/1172233906562752512

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

"You're a QB in the NFL you outta put yourself in a bubble."

They can't actually think that's how Joe Namath lived

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Athanatos posted:

He once described his team's 3 point lead going into the half as a tie game because the other team had a field goal kicker on their roster.

Lol how'd I miss that, it's beautiful

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

"You're a QB in the NFL you outta put yourself in a bubble."

They can't actually think that's how Joe Namath lived

Zero protection on and off the field

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
He was complaining when we were up 42-10 at half because we had not "sustained drives." Personally I'll take "scoring every play" to "establishing the run."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's a dumb gimmick that he realized several years ago gets him attention.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spoeank posted:

Jameis threw 2 pick sixes against virtually zero pressure lmfao

You're reading that wrong, the Bucs applied virtually zero pressure to Jimmy. The 49ers defense wrecked the Bucs OL. He was under a ton of pressure on that screen he should have thrown into the ground and the RB wrong the route 3 yards too deep on the Sherman pick 6. Also, don't throw passes to a RB who's being guarded by Richard Sherman.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

It's a dumb gimmick that he realized several years ago gets him attention.

Kawalimus is an authentic person and that is why we love him

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’d be okay with the Bucs getting blown the gently caress out for 16 weeks next year if it means we get Lawrence or Tua and drop Jameis.

Or whoever is next year’s Daniel Jones, idgaf. I just want to get rid of Jameis.

Draft a place kicker to move him to QB. Seriously, gently caress Jameis (for reasons unrelated to his performance on the field).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

colachute posted:

I’d be okay with the Bucs getting blown the gently caress out for 16 weeks next year if it means we get Lawrence or Tua and drop Jameis.

Lawrence is next year, he's a true sophomore and is stuck for another year. So Tua this year, Lawrence next year are the tanking targets.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Despera posted:

He was complaining when we were up 42-10 at half because we had not "sustained drives."

Lmao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Despera posted:

He was complaining when we were up 42-10 at half because we had not "sustained drives." Personally I'll take "scoring every play" to "establishing the run."

I don't mean establishing the run. I mean converting first downs any way you can. That's why the Steelers became so dominant starting in the early 00s. They grabbed two strong WRs with Hines Ward and Plexico Burress and started being able to grab chunks of yardage with their WRs and stay on the field. Then Peyton Manning was a guy who could convert a first down from any down that was 20 or less to go. It was hard to keep them off the field. That's what I mean by sustain. Not that we need to run more.

And yeah when you can KO punch a team it's awesome. But that's not going to happen every week even with a good scoring offense. When you're up by a score or even 10 points as the game goes later on you need that first down conversion ability.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Kawalimus posted:

I don't mean establishing the run. I mean converting first downs any way you can. That's why the Steelers became so dominant starting in the early 00s. They grabbed two strong WRs with Hines Ward and Plexico Burress and started being able to grab chunks of yardage with their WRs and stay on the field. Then Peyton Manning was a guy who could convert a first down from any down that was 20 or less to go. It was hard to keep them off the field. That's what I mean by sustain. Not that we need to run more.

And yeah when you can KO punch a team it's awesome. But that's not going to happen every week even with a good scoring offense. When you're up by a score or even 10 points as the game goes later on you need that first down conversion ability.

They should’ve tried to play shittier to prepare their fans for better teams, you know?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hook Ravens chat directly into my spinal fluid

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Ravens had 31 first downs that entire game.

The Patriots had 24 first downs in their win against Pittsburgh.

The Vikings who won had 18, while the Falcons who lost had 27.

Does he always use things that are easily dismissed with stats?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asema posted:

Yes, the only winning move is not to play here. You will not change his mind, he needs the attention.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
There is a certain logic to "why score when you are just handing the ball to the other team?"

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Asema posted:

The crazy thing is this is still the most optimistic he's been about the Ravens in a long time.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Despera posted:

There is a certain logic to "why score when you are just handing the ball to the other team?"

This is why if you throw a pick, you should hope it's a pick six so you get the ball right back again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

They did better in the second half. I wasn't talking about their sustain in this thread someone else brought that in :). That's not what I meant for this next game. All you need is one strong player to beat a team.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I actually believe he's genuine

As I typed this a bluebird landed by my window so it's either a sign that Kawalimus Is Right or that I am now a disney princess.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

WampaLord posted:

This is why if you throw a pick, you should hope it's a pick six so you get the ball right back again.

something something madden strategy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1172246263309438977

tomorrow he's gonna contract the clap

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1172160340571934720

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

The crazy thing is this is still the most optimistic he's been about the Ravens in a long time.

If we're half as good as we were last week I will be very optimistic.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Kawalimus is an authentic person and that is why we love him

The bird thing is real. But being a constant contrarian and downer about his team rapidly evolved into 99% of his personality overnight after getting a bunch of attention for it.

Asema posted:

He's not interested in having a real conversation, he just wants to prolong the experience.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

He seems like he has a “when it rains it pours, and when it’s sunny out that just means it’ll rain later” kind of attitude.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I gave Sam Darnold mono

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This is the last thing I'll contribute to this derail but I sort of get Kawalimus in a galaxy brain kind of way; on Sunday when Fitz threw that TD I was like 75% sure that the Fitzmagic had flipped on and we were going to lose.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress I can’t wait to watch the Ravens offense again on Sunday. I had to watch Joe plod for 10 years and I am ready for some goddamned touchdowns

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
If the Saints lose after Sean McVay successfully challenges a no call DPI against them I’ll never have another unkind word to say about the NFL.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

wandler20 posted:

You're reading that wrong, the Bucs applied virtually zero pressure to Jimmy. The 49ers defense wrecked the Bucs OL. He was under a ton of pressure on that screen he should have thrown into the ground and the RB wrong the route 3 yards too deep on the Sherman pick 6. Also, don't throw passes to a RB who's being guarded by Richard Sherman.
That stat didnt pass the eye test so that makes sense. And to that I say lmao Jimmy G threw a pick six and looked like poo poo against no pressure.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The bird thing is real. But being a constant contrarian and downer about his team rapidly evolved into 99% of his personality overnight after getting a bunch of attention for it.

I'll tell ya buddy. Unfortunately the negativity thing is something I've had for a long time. I remember in 2001 I went to the Ravens vs Bears opener with my dad. Well there was this football forum I posted on waaay back when and some guy posted a guarantee the Bears would beat the Ravens in week 1. I was like psh no way! The Ravens are invulnerable we are the SB champs and no one can score on our defense." Well we kind of looked like crap most of the game(chicago even moved the ball well on their first drive and almost scored a TD) and for some reason it invaded my brain and I just kept saying the whole game like "omg we'll lose that guy was right". My dad got so annoyed with my negativity during the game he threatened to never go to a game with me again. We did get our poo poo together late in the game but for some reason that game stuck with me and that feeling of unease always crept back. That's just kind of where I remember this sort of thing starting. In 2000 I wasn't negative at all and the only time I really thought we would lose was at Tennessee in the playoffs.

But it's "whatevs" as a friend of mine would say. Sometimes I just enjoy typing those feelings :)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

gently caress I can’t wait to watch the Ravens offense again on Sunday. I had to watch Joe plod for 10 years and I am ready for some goddamned touchdowns

One thing I loved about Jackson's passes last week was he was hitting guys in stride a lot of the time. Flacco had so much trouble doing that and even when guys were wide open they'd have to adjust like crazy to the ball and not have as big of a play as it could've been. I hope Jackson can keep doing that.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

First step of being an elite quarterback is you need to get mono out of the way at a young age. Tom knows this.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/GamblingPodcast/status/1172229450777251840?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Gisele would kill Tom if he gave her mono.