Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I tried watching Flacco on Monday night but I just loving couldn't. It was like PTSD watching him need 4 yards and him throwing in 2 yards and the receiver getting exactly 1 yard after the catch every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I'll tell ya buddy. Unfortunately the negativity thing is something I've had for a long time. I remember in 2001 I went to the Ravens vs Bears opener with my dad. Well there was this football forum I posted on waaay back when and some guy posted a guarantee the Bears would beat the Ravens in week 1. I was like psh no way! The Ravens are invulnerable we are the SB champs and no one can score on our defense." Well we kind of looked like crap most of the game(chicago even moved the ball well on their first drive and almost scored a TD) and for some reason it invaded my brain and I just kept saying the whole game like "omg we'll lose that guy was right". My dad got so annoyed with my negativity during the game he threatened to never go to a game with me again. We did get our poo poo together late in the game but for some reason that game stuck with me and that feeling of unease always crept back. That's just kind of where I remember this sort of thing starting. In 2000 I wasn't negative at all and the only time I really thought we would lose was at Tennessee in the playoffs.

lmao

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Kawalimus is basically a bunting. Y'all are trying to talk to him like he's a grackle.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll tell ya buddy

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

Jameis threw 2 pick sixes against virtually zero pressure lmfao

I think you're reading that wrong, it's pressure ALLOWED. So what actually happened is Jimmy G went 166 yards, 1 td and 1 int against virtually zero pressure.

Jameis was on the high side as far as pressure faced.

e: guess you already know, my bad

sharknado slashfic posted:

I actually believe he's genuine

As I typed this a bluebird landed by my window so it's either a sign that Kawalimus Is Right or that I am now a disney princess.

Yeah maybe played up a bit on occasion but it's 95% genuine imo

Despera posted:

I gave Sam Darnold mono

you filthy slut. well go to his house and take it back!!

AndrewP posted:

gently caress I can’t wait to watch the Ravens offense again on Sunday. I had to watch Joe plod for 10 years and I am ready for some goddamned touchdowns

Did you watch the Broncos game? He looks like he's up to his waist in molasses, it's almost hard to watch. I know it's not that surprising, he's a year old older so he's even slower but I guess I'd forgotten how athletically challenged he was because he didn't play much last year

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Kawalimus posted:

I'll tell ya buddy. Unfortunately the negativity thing is something I've had for a long time. I remember in 2001 I went to the Ravens vs Bears opener with my dad. Well there was this football forum I posted on waaay back when and some guy posted a guarantee the Bears would beat the Ravens in week 1. I was like psh no way! The Ravens are invulnerable we are the SB champs and no one can score on our defense." Well we kind of looked like crap most of the game(chicago even moved the ball well on their first drive and almost scored a TD) and for some reason it invaded my brain and I just kept saying the whole game like "omg we'll lose that guy was right". My dad got so annoyed with my negativity during the game he threatened to never go to a game with me again. We did get our poo poo together late in the game but for some reason that game stuck with me and that feeling of unease always crept back. That's just kind of where I remember this sort of thing starting. In 2000 I wasn't negative at all and the only time I really thought we would lose was at Tennessee in the playoffs.

someone buy this as a red text

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Dude even though he quoted me i wasnt reading that poo poo. I can barely make a two sentence long post. Take a few pot shots at his attempts to grab attention (establishing drives) and move a long.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

actually that's one of the best posts I've seen on TFF

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 12, 2019

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Kawalimus posted:

But it's "whatevs" as a friend of mine would say. Sometimes I just enjoy typing those feelings :)

This is why I lurk in TFF.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
every post is sacred, every post is good

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Every hero needs an origin story.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I remember watching that game. It was 17-6 and the bears never came close.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Despera posted:

They held the ball 35 mins. They were up 6-3 late in the 3rd quarter before we finally pulled our heads out of our asses. They seriously could have beaten us. They ended up being a very overachieving 13-3 team that year that got bumped off by Philly in the playoffs. They had two weeks where they had these miracle comeback type wins back to back in midseason with INT returns by this DB Mike Brown.

The whole guarantee thing happened after Jamal Lewis went down. And that's a big reason we struggled that whole season. But on the whole we still made the playoffs and won a game. But back then it felt so disappointing.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 12, 2019

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Despera posted:

loving amazing.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

*Kawa in the GDT watching the Ravens/Dolphins game when they were up like 30-0 in the third*
Kawa: Ravens could still lose this

---
He doesn't just post these posts every now and then in an N/V. The man Lives it. He is a true individual and I salute his insanity

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Athanatos posted:

loving amazing.

Despera is misremembering. It was 6-3 Bears until the Sam Gash touchdown late in the 3rd. It was very close for most of the game.

And yeah the Dolphins stuff last week was a bit dramatic but I think I was poisoned by the Fitzmagic type games in the past.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Ill give you credit that was a visceral remembering of the trauma inflicted by a game we won by 2 scores 19 years ago.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Despera posted:

:allears:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

Ill give you credit that was a visceral remembering of the trauma inflicted by a game we won by 2 scores 19 years ago.

It was a pretty suspenseful game. It was our first game of the season and we were really going to see what things looked like with lots of people expecting us to crash and burn with Lewis down. But we couldn't lose to the Bears. They were crap! Their QB was shane matthews. We were going to stomp them and they wouldn't score a single point. So our defense is out first and they put on a great drive and almost score a touchdowns but get 3 points and the lead. That's when the nerves started setting in like what is happening? Why aren't we getting pressure? Why aren't we up by 4 scores yet? What's going on here?

I spent the better part of a month arguing with this Bears guy about how the Bears had ZERO chance in the game even with no Jamal Lewis and we were going to beat them like 38-0. I really did not want to have to go back there and eat crow. I was just a young kid then too remember.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kawalimus posted:

But it's "whatevs" as a friend of mine would say. Sometimes I just enjoy typing those feelings :)

Please submit this to why your team sucks next year for the Ravens.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kawalimus is the purest of us. Respect.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Please submit this to why your team sucks next year for the Ravens.

What's that?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I even remembered having a bad dream about the Ravens Bears game like a week before it happened. We still won it and kind of like we did in the actual game, real low scoring and stuff. We took the lead on a Brandon Stokely 65-yard reverse play for a TD.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Thing i remember most about that season was W. choked on a pretzel while watching us spanking Jeb!'s dolphins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Despera posted:

Thing i remember most about that season was W. choked on a pretzel while watching us spanking Jeb!'s dolphins.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

That Miami game was what we could have been if Jamal hadn't got hurt. We were able to run the ball that day very well. I loved that game because our worst game in 2000 was against Miami where they beat us 19-6 in a monsoon on Dan Marino night.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Leave that beautiful song bird alone

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kawalimus posted:

What's that?

Each year, Drew Magary writes a preview for each team and why they will be bad. Half of each column features fans that write in about how much they hate their own team. Here's the Ravens for your perusal:

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-baltimore-ravens-1837249832

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'll try to remember!!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

sure the game was a blowout but it was tied early in the first quarter

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

hifi posted:

sure the game was a blowout but it was tied early in the first quarter

It wasn't a blowout except we did take control late. Our first lead was in the late 3rd quarter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Kawalimus is good and strong and I love them

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kawalimus sounds like a anyone who who grew a long time fan of Cleveland sports. Everything is going to go wrong at any minute in the worst way no matter how impossible it seems. I had family that refused to watch the 2016 NBA finals inside the last minute because they were convinced it was going to go to poo poo.

He's the one acceptable Ravens fan.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Kawalimus posted:

It was a pretty suspenseful game. It was our first game of the season and we were really going to see what things looked like with lots of people expecting us to crash and burn with Lewis down. But we couldn't lose to the Bears. They were crap! Their QB was shane matthews. We were going to stomp them and they wouldn't score a single point. So our defense is out first and they put on a great drive and almost score a touchdowns but get 3 points and the lead. That's when the nerves started setting in like what is happening? Why aren't we getting pressure? Why aren't we up by 4 scores yet? What's going on here?

I spent the better part of a month arguing with this Bears guy about how the Bears had ZERO chance in the game even with no Jamal Lewis and we were going to beat them like 38-0. I really did not want to have to go back there and eat crow. I was just a young kid then too remember.

That bears team wasn't crap! Theyd been 4-12 the year before but I too remember that game and thinking boy this defense sure can play, and how lucky we are that we have two interchangeable qbs in Matthews and Miller. Bears even had an exciting first round pick playing well! Also anthony Thomas was better than Jamal Lewis and was unfairly maligned and underutilized

Then Hugh douglas broke Miller's shoulder in the playoffs and it all went to hell again

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kawalimus sounds like a anyone who who grew a long time fan of Cleveland sports. Everything is going to go wrong at any minute in the worst way no matter how impossible it seems. I had family that refused to watch the 2016 NBA finals inside the last minute because they were convinced it was going to go to poo poo.

please tell me they at least saw the block live

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

That bears team wasn't crap! Theyd been 4-12 the year before but I too remember that game and thinking boy this defense sure can play, and how lucky we are that we have two interchangeable qbs in Matthews and Miller. Bears even had an exciting first round pick playing well! Also anthony Thomas was better than Jamal Lewis and was unfairly maligned and underutilized

Then Hugh douglas broke Miller's shoulder in the playoffs and it all went to hell again

I know they weren't crap :). But I was young and didn't know any better, and they had been 4-12 the year before. So that's why I was expecting a stomping. That's just the sort of thing I was saying back then and indicative of my mindset back before that game was played vs my mindset after the game happened.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wow, I wouldn't watch the Capitals' playoff games on their big run because it made me such a nervous wreck I couldn't stand it. You might be onto something!!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Frankly I'm a big fan of low sporting expectations but god drat it really is nice to root for a great team and just expect them to make the play they need to win, like the 2010-5 Blackhawks or the jordan bulls of "ok Michael can just go win this. Hooray!! "

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

indigi posted:

please tell me they at least saw the block live

NOPE. They didn't watch the finals at all.

Hell I only watched game 7 and was miserable the entire time braced for the latest in miserable sports moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Top level thread name change