Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

Roz my neg hole

Love does enter through the nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

oldpainless posted:

Bulldog was a lovely character and I didn’t like him

I still say that scene between him and Roz where he confesses he loves her after he's been scaring away her dates is one of the best acted scenes in the whole series and comes out of loving nowhere

E: Bulldog being a series regular isn't too bad, we could have gotten a lot more Chopper Dave or Dr. Mary

Cosmik Slop fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Sep 5, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Dan Butler is a good actor and the proof is how much you hate Bulldog sometimes and how much subtle shading the stupid sitcom one-dimensional character has sometimes. An unskilled actor playing that kind of rear end in a top hat would not be particularly memorable in any way, it would be just forgettable white noise.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Cosmik Slop posted:

I still say that scene between him and Roz where he confesses he loves her after he's been scaring away her dates is one of the best acted scenes in the whole series and comes out of loving nowhere

E: Bulldog being a series regular isn't too bad, we could have gotten a lot more Chopper Dave or Dr. Mary

dan butler was also great in the episode where he steals frasier's blind date, and he actually ends up really liking her, but gets dumped hard and goes through a moment

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cosmik Slop posted:

Dr. Mary was loving awful.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Dan Butler is a good actor and the proof is how much you hate Bulldog sometimes and how much subtle shading the stupid sitcom one-dimensional character has sometimes. An unskilled actor playing that kind of rear end in a top hat would not be particularly memorable in any way, it would be just forgettable white noise.

Butler is amazing in The Silence of the Lambs.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Timby posted:

Butler is amazing in The Silence of the Lambs.

He even had a bit role in an episode of House, as a doctor presenting research at a lecture, and it's such a contrast to Bulldog the first time I saw it.

Timby posted:

Dr. Mary was loving awful.

Yeah, I never liked the character much, either. It's as if the writers knew they needed a foil for Frasier, but didn't make her work in any context other than that.

She's better when Frasier makes peace with her, but until then, the whole point should have been that you laugh at Frasier for his own ego getting in the way, but in the case of Dr. Mary, you feel sympathetic to Frasier and it isn't funny.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
That wasn't Bulldog, it was Carlos and The Chicken, the morning zoo guys.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, I never liked the character much, either. It's as if the writers knew they needed a foil for Frasier, but didn't make her work in any context other than that.

She's better when Frasier makes peace with her, but until then, the whole point should have been that you laugh at Frasier for his own ego getting in the way, but in the case of Dr. Mary, you feel sympathetic to Frasier and it isn't funny.

They made her too annoying to be sympathetic. Frasier is, as always, being an rear end, but Mary is just plain irksome and never gets the audience on her side once the reveal drops.

At least they knew to get rid of her pretty quickly

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Although a legitimately great Frasier episode with a guest doctor is the one with Christine Baranski as Dr. Nora. The end with her mother gets me every time.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Not a Children posted:

They made her too annoying to be sympathetic. Frasier is, as always, being an rear end, but Mary is just plain irksome and never gets the audience on her side once the reveal drops.

At least they knew to get rid of her pretty quickly

"get rid of her"? she's literally in two episodes, they 'get rid of her' in the very first one, she barely qualifies as a recurring character

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Bill Gates being on the show was cool. If I'd caught wind of that as a kid I probably would have started watching it then, cause ya know, I was a cool 13yo who wasn't weird or goony at all.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Surprised by the Dr. Mary hate itt. Granted I only saw one of the two episodes she's in but I thought it was good. A good foil for Frasier who as the show adroitly points out has no clue how to interact in a conflict with people of color.

Frasier's world is not inclusive and it's a smarter way to write it than Friends where they just added a black girlfriend for Ross after open public scrutiny about why there were no black people on Friends. The answer to that of course is that the lives of the lower Manhattan yuppies in question, like Frasier's, don't really include interactions with non-white people outside of the service industry. But tonally it's a hard thing to get right and I think they did better with Frasier than they ever could have or did with a show like Friends.

It's kind of like the abandoned plot of Seinfeld where Elaine gets lost in Harlem- racial fish-out-of-water stories tend to be cringey and unfunny by nature. Not sure how much of a self-own that is so I'll probably have to watch the Mary Christmas episode for my own edification

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

codo27 posted:

Bill Gates being on the show was cool. If I'd caught wind of that as a kid I probably would have started watching it then, cause ya know, I was a cool 13yo who wasn't weird or goony at all.

Haha I remember Kelsey Grammer on Entertainment Tonight or some bullshit show and they asked him about the "special guest" supposed to be on the show that night and he couldn't say who it was but did say he was a terrible actor
:mmmsmug:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Haha I remember Kelsey Grammer on Entertainment Tonight or some bullshit show and they asked him about the "special guest" supposed to be on the show that night and he couldn't say who it was but did say he was a terrible actor
:mmmsmug:

Doesn't his bit performance have a blatant shill for Windows XP not needing a boot disk for installation?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive done some research and i present to goons my findings
i entreaty you to only use this information for good

s1e3 6:13 7:08
s2e16 19m left
s4e8 20 left
s5e8 16:50
s6e7 60 sec left
s6e10 17m left
s6e23 14m left
s6e24 4:30 left
s8e15 20:48 left
s9e9 4:30 left

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

The Saucer Hovers posted:

s2e16 19m left
s4e8 20 left
s6e7 60 sec left
s6e10 17m left
s6e23 14m left

K, looks good.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

s2e16 19m left
s4e8 20 left
s6e7 60 sec left
s6e10 17m left
s6e23 14m left
s9e9 4:30 match

My god, this changes everything

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

At work so can't view it, but I'm assuming this is something like Roz's cleavage?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

s2e16 19m left
s4e8 20 left
s6e7 60 sec left
s6e10 17m left
s6e23 14m left

It took 26 years but someone finally found the episodes and timestamps needed to enter the Frasier Age in Myst. Well done.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I give up, what is that supposed to be

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Le Cigar Volant?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

supernatural blonde posted:

Le Cigar Volant?

Le Cigar Volant!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the food is to die for

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Some boys go off to college, but we think they're all wussies. Cause they get all the knowledge, and we get all the dump da dump da dump

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

She's such a groovy lady, she makes my heart go hidee haydee

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Flesh is burning nana nana nana

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

On a tree by a river a little tom-tit
Sang "Willow, titwillow, titwillow"
And I said to him, "Dicky-bird, why do you sit
Singing 'Willow, titwillow, titwillow'"

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

three little maids from school are we,
pert as a school-girl well can be,
filled to the brim with girlish glee,
three little maids from school . . .

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

goooooldfingerrrr
he's the man
the man with the midas touch

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Something something... BUTTONS AND BOWS!!!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

She's such a groovy lady, she makes my heart go hidee haydee

She could have slept with Warren Beatty.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Something something... BUTTONS AND BOWS!!!

Let's all go to a taco show! ~wipes forehead~

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ChiralCondensate posted:

Let's all go to a taco show! ~wipes forehead~

My bones denounce the fearful trounce!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Island Niles says "Yea Mon!"

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Beneath the shade of an aged tree..

supernatural blonde fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 13, 2019

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Who can you turn to
For prompt diagnosis?
A fetish or a fantasy?
Sex and psychosis!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Who can you turn to
For prompt diagnosis?
A fetish or a fantasy?
Sex and psychosis!

I'm listening!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
And thus I vowed never to return... To Nightmare Inn

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone commented on how hot Roz is? Because she's banging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Has anyone commented on how hot Roz is? Because she's banging.

This here's a Sherry thread pardner. :clint: