Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fauna posted:

you people used to claim to be maoists back when you thought that would get you a fistful of communist titty

back in the golden days i used to wonder how many of you were truly woke and how many are just pretending for the social benefits, tonight was the test and basically all of you failed

trash

Ohhhhhhhhhh its an ironic war criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
you idiot, iwc never existed

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Aus Media 2 mins later.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thatbastardken posted:

He was an assassin working for the United States government

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

He was an assassin working for the United States government

you idiot, the united states government never existed!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

hooman posted:

Aus Media 2 mins later.

Crowny capitalism

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Aus Media 2 mins later.

well this has my vote

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

fauna posted:

you people used to claim to be maoists back when you thought that would get you a fistful of communist titty

back in the golden days i used to wonder how many of you were truly woke and how many are just pretending for the social benefits, tonight was the test and basically all of you failed

trash

shush Dengist

thatbastardken posted:

does this mean the podcast was a psyop? :ohdear:

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

fauna posted:

Now there's something I definitely don't recall happening.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Whitlam posted:

Now there's something I definitely don't recall happening.

You're right, no goon has ever seen a real boob and continued to argue minor semantic differences in a D&D thread

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Bernstrike posted:

does this mean the podcast was a psyop? :ohdear:

all podcasts are

except the ones I like

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

You're right, no goon has ever seen a real boob and continued to argue minor semantic differences in a D&D thread

Excuse me sir, I see a real boob every time I turn off my monitor.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

meowist...want a handful of the kitty

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i'm not iwc

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
That's exactly what iwc would say

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

fauna posted:

mindless golems of social justice

could a good username...

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

what i'm trying to say is that if you aren't an aboriginal australian, get teh FFUCK out of AUSTRALIA, BITCHES

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Imagine if whitey never came here and Australia got settled by China.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i think you'll find that hypothetical completely implausible as the chinese are biologically incapable of accurate navigation for the following reasons

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Recoome posted:

i think you'll find that hypothetical completely implausible as the chinese are biologically incapable of accurate navigation for the following reasons

they keep making their own dang islands along the way and they have to redraw the map!!!

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

hooman posted:

lmao

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

hooman posted:

That's a mir- wait. gently caress. What have you done

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

There was a beehive at my work earlier in the week, just found out building management had them poisoned, which has resulted in the death of the hive, and also the death of many magpies and now there's no birds here at all :smith:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

what the gently caress, that's so stupid. beekeepers will pay good money for a swarm.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it's a good thing that bees are so abundant, and not facing any sort of extinction crisis at the moment

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

There was a beehive at my work earlier in the week, just found out building management had them poisoned, which has resulted in the death of the hive, and also the death of many magpies and now there's no birds here at all :smith:

Put in a complaint about a manager buzzing around your desk a bunch, then poison them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

NTRabbit posted:

NTRabbit needs Crow-ny

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

There was a beehive at my work earlier in the week, just found out building management had them poisoned

This should be punished by jail time(at minimum)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The poor bees, how stupid

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/sep/13/alan-jones-radio-show-under-full-review-as-advertiser-exodus-continues

quote:

Faced with an advertiser exodus of more than 110 brands, Macquarie Media has written to advertisers promising a review of Alan Jones’ program, which it says failed to meet community standards.
Jones apologised last month to the New Zealand prime minister, Jacinda Ardern, for his comments that Scott Morrison should shove a sock down her throat, but this failed to stem the flow of advertisers, and 2GB and 4BC have continued to haemorrhage revenue.

But the promise never to offend again has not been enough as advertisers have withdrawn their spots not only from Jones’ program, but also from that of his stablemate Ray Hadley and right across the Sydney and Brisbane stations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

That is excellent shad-thread material

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Mad loving Witches have been pushing this hard, and doing a great job imo

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

building management are cunts, they can get them relocated for free if they put in the slightest loving effort

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Rare bit of good news on a Friday

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

bowmore posted:

building management are cunts, they can get them relocated for free if they put in the slightest loving effort

Or they didn't know any better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trunkh posted:

Or they didn't know any better.
not really an excuse imo, especially in their position

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I notice that the APS has finally released a position around gender being influenced by media.

One of the criticisms of the APS (and one of mine, more personally) is that the APS has had a very small media presence, where we really should be more proactive and "loud" on topical issues, especially where a clear evidence base exists. A bit of a step in the right direction, but I'll be interested to see what more can be done from an advocacy point of view.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

I know the AMA is quite conservative in a lot of its positions (e.g. iirc they opposed euthanasia in Victoria last year) and a lot of doctors denounce it pretty loudly, does the APS have similar issues of psychs saying they don't agree with the APS and refusing to recognise it?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Whitlam posted:

I know the AMA is quite conservative in a lot of its positions (e.g. iirc they opposed euthanasia in Victoria last year) and a lot of doctors denounce it pretty loudly, does the APS have similar issues of psychs saying they don't agree with the APS and refusing to recognise it?

Yeah but the reason people have a problem with the APS is because it's trying to be something for everyone, so therefore it's difficult to advocate on certain positions because you end up with the split between generally-registered psychs vs. clinically-endorsed psychs. Also the organisational psychs don't feel represented at all because most of the poo poo the APS does isn't really that relevant, and then you've got the more niche subfields who basically get poo poo on all the time.

It's hard because you could have more representative groups (much like the different colleges for MDs) but it also dilutes the amount of clout each group has, which is why they had the broad church approach in the first place.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

NTRabbit posted:

Enjoy your cockroach infestation as they multiply in the honey-soaked untended hive corpse.

A hive that's killed suddenly like that will be a haven for multitudes of critters far more annoying than bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Recoome posted:

Yeah but the reason people have a problem with the APS is because it's trying to be something for everyone, so therefore it's difficult to advocate on certain positions because you end up with the split between generally-registered psychs vs. clinically-endorsed psychs. Also the organisational psychs don't feel represented at all because most of the poo poo the APS does isn't really that relevant, and then you've got the more niche subfields who basically get poo poo on all the time.

It's hard because you could have more representative groups (much like the different colleges for MDs) but it also dilutes the amount of clout each group has, which is why they had the broad church approach in the first place.

Interesting, cheers. Do you think it'll :auspol:?