Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/48141

I actually meant to post this somewhere else entirely but might as well post it here too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fly Molo posted:

On the bright side, the Spare Rations I just got (with awesome stats but no Ricochet Rounds) is gonna be better, relatively speaking.

Wtf does their change to range vs. damage drop-off mean, all handcannons have poo poo range now?

Yeah i assume pulses and hc got a range nerf. So that's a auto/scout buff in a way but..... the maps are so loving small it's kinda pointless lip service

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Here's what I don't understand though:

Are they shortening the internal recoil reset, so that firing max speed won't give an accuracy penalty (a buff)

or!

Are they lengthening the recoil animation so that firing at (the now slower) max speed won't give an accuracy penalty (a nerf)

I think they are changing the animation such that when the gun has finished recoiling what you see through the sight accurately reflects that.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Here's what I don't understand though:

Are they shortening the internal recoil reset, so that firing max speed won't give an accuracy penalty (a buff)

or!

Are they lengthening the recoil animation so that firing at (the now slower) max speed won't give an accuracy penalty (a nerf)

I think its a buff. From leaked footage the firing animation is shorter now. It resets quicker.

Aztecross has a video on it

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The scout rifle buff in pve is nearly the highest buff being got got. That’s great. A 36% buff to oxygen here we come!

When do these changes come into effect? They all sounds really good and aimed at just making guns more powerful and reckoning easier.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Other Primaries are getting sizable buffs for PvE too. Here's a comparison*

*Numbers are "All Crits". Scouts have a higher bonus for crits than most other guns, so mixing in any body shots will produce lower Scout DPS and much higher auto/pulse/hc DPS

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Just lol at removing the only reason anyone ever gave a poo poo about ricochet rounds.

Time to re-farm all those guns that depended on it! And throw away the ones that being good were contingent on it!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

I think its a buff. From leaked footage the firing animation is shorter now. It resets quicker.

Aztecross has a video on it

I think it's going to combine with the range change. So you'll fire it faster. You'll need the range for the aim assist but it's not going to be carrying it's full weight in damage at ranges it does now.

My only question is if it's a blanket change. Will it push poo poo range handcannons out a little way or nerf them meaning range is still king it's just not as effective?

That's kind of the problem with bungie I guess. Never give us those numbers so it's kind of impossible to know if it'll do anything.

Sucks the sweaty crutch load our of
Dusk rock
Not forgotten
Wardcliff

Isn't going anywhere.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Yeah it does little to change the meta. Which is kinda lame

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah it does little to change the meta. Which is kinda lame

We haven't heard the last of it though!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Seems like ricochet rounds is still a very good perk, it's just no longer strictly better than accurized rounds for weapons that can roll both.

If I understand the handcannon/pulse nerf correctly, the range at which damage starts to drop off is staying the same but the dropoff becomes more severe that it previously had been once you go past that range.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Sounds like we can shard our extra weapon mods into components

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ricochet Rounds mostly got ruined for PC where range/zoom is all that matters. When you're playing on Console, the Stability is going to be exceptionally useful still.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ricochet Rounds mostly got ruined for PC where range/zoom is all that matters. When you're playing on Console, the Stability is going to be exceptionally useful still.

Apologize to my RR smugglers word :(

I mean. I can spec it for 10 or so more range via the scope but i have to sacrifice stability and handling. I might have to do that and learn how to ride the kick

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Apologize to my RR smugglers word :(

I mean. I can spec it for 10 or so more range via the scope but i have to sacrifice stability and handling. I might have to do that and learn how to ride the kick

Ride this kick.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Very important triumph score reached

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
its imperative that you click no more!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Nice

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is it possible to get 69420

Also my smuggler's word has

rangefinder
outlaw
hcr
range mw

I'm using control instead of farpoint scope

gud?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We looked into that and no, there are no triumphs that are not multiples of 50.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Totoro is gonna have to change his psn name again drat

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Is it possible to get 69420

Also my smuggler's word has

rangefinder
outlaw
hcr
range mw

I'm using control instead of farpoint scope

gud?

Yeah thats pretty good especially now RR is getting a nerf

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ricochet and HCR both give 5 range, so it's all about whether 10 stability or a teensy bit of flinch is more useful, right? Still seems like the stability would use more useful on a non Last Dance sidearm

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
DMG said:

• Minor enemies (Rank-and-File) no longer take more precision damage than other enemies.

o These enemies previously took twice as much damage to their precision hit locations than enemies of higher ranks.

o You will still deal precision damage, but this is now entirely dependent on the weapon, as it is for higher ranked enemies.

If that is true, precision weapons(even with high impact) won't be able to one-shot minor enemies with headshots.
The overall declared buffs won't compenate for that nerf...at all.
Scouts won't be much better than they currently are, but our body-shot-lord and saviour-The Recluse is going to be the best PVE primary...again.

Not long ago Bungie nerfed body-shot damage in general(in PVE) so that players need to be accurate.
So at this point we should simply ask:

Why?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
You know what I love? That if you sneeze near your controller during a reload animation, even one almost finished, you have to restart the whole loving thing. YOU ALREADY LOADED THE MAG! JUST CHARGE THE SPACE HANDLE!!!

Earlier conversation made me check, and I have five of those epic chain quests. I got most of them in my first 48 hours back.

Is there any advantage with waiting to finish them until the expansion drops? I think I'm one away from finishing the Drang. I think that's my favorite gun in this game. But nothing could ever replace my Saterienne Rapier with Firefly Rounds for PvP. Nothing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Log posted:

Earlier conversation made me check, and I have five of those epic chain quests. I got most of them in my first 48 hours back.

Is there any advantage with waiting to finish them until the expansion drops?

When Shadowkeep drops, all your gear will be boosted to 750.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Paracelsus posted:

When Shadowkeep drops, all your gear will be boosted to 750.

Got'cha. I didn't think Destiny would give a complete free pass to leveling without hours and hours of grinding, but I'll take it.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

You know what I love? That if you sneeze near your controller during a reload animation, even one almost finished, you have to restart the whole loving thing. YOU ALREADY LOADED THE MAG! JUST CHARGE THE SPACE HANDLE!!!

The reload animation actually takes slightly longer than the actual reload itself for many guns (especially machine guns and rocket launchers). On a lot of guns you can switch weapons or start sprinting a split second before the gun is “ready” and the gun will still be reloaded, “cancelling” the last few frames of the animation. The exact timing on this depends on the gun type, the individual gun’s reload stat (base and impacted by weapon perks), and any gear you're wearing that increases reload speed. Its really just something you will have to practice with once you get a gun you really like.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Captain Log posted:

You can tell when it's safe to sprint-/jump-cancel a reload when the number in the ammo UI changes. MGs are definitely bad about this. I think in all of my destiny memory the only charging handle animation you couldn't skip though was the Smite of Merain (oryx raid pulse) for some reason?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Captain Log posted:

Is there any advantage with waiting to finish them until the expansion drops? I think I'm one away from finishing the Drang. I think that's my favorite gun in this game. But nothing could ever replace my Saterienne Rapier with Firefly Rounds for PvP. Nothing.

The trick with modern FPS games is to look at the bullet count rather than the animation. Some games will update this before the animation finishes and you can early cancel the reload. Some guns in destiny do this too! So pay attention to the number.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

DMG said:

• Minor enemies (Rank-and-File) no longer take more precision damage than other enemies.

o These enemies previously took twice as much damage to their precision hit locations than enemies of higher ranks.

o You will still deal precision damage, but this is now entirely dependent on the weapon, as it is for higher ranked enemies.

If that is true, precision weapons(even with high impact) won't be able to one-shot minor enemies with headshots.
The overall declared buffs won't compenate for that nerf...at all.
Scouts won't be much better than they currently are, but our body-shot-lord and saviour-The Recluse is going to be the best PVE primary...again.

Not long ago Bungie nerfed body-shot damage in general(in PVE) so that players need to be accurate.
So at this point we should simply ask:

Why?

This seems kind of dumb. Part of the secret sauce of shooty pve times is popping domes from the little enemies. I like firing off 11 shots and getting 11 headshot kills.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Should I delete all but one of each armor mod along with gun mods before Oct. 1?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

big nipples big life posted:

Should I delete all but one of each armor mod along with gun mods before Oct. 1?

I'm keeping armor mods from y2 just in case I need to use y2 armor for a while

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Oh thank God I can use my TTT/Opening shot Full Auto sidearms now!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I had no loving clue about watching the UI ammo count. :stare:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Oh thank God I can use my TTT/Opening shot Full Auto sidearms now!

If TTT is in the same column as Range Finder then yeahhh. Range Finder is still probably better.

I did some smugglers testing. Damage drop off started at 20m with my god roll regardless of control or far sight. Far sight adds 13 to range.

If i took off Ricochet rounds and added far sight it gave me an overall higher range stat but i still lost 2 meters on effective range.

Ricochet rounds are so loving good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I have about 2200 bright dust. Tell me how to spend it. :downs:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Save it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
"guys, i have $1.65. should i spend it on a candybar that is $1.85"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Nothing. Dismantle all of your ships, ghost shells shaders and sparrows to add to the pile if anything.