Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ryan Bader's campaign of selfownage continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Tito Ortiz is presenting awards at the amateur bodybuilding pro/am ahead of the 2019 Olympia right now. I don’t think he’s spoken into a microphone yet, but it’s a total trip to watch.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just dropped into ROC to see what was happening just in time to see the commission reject a fighter's shorts in the inspection ara, and now he's ready to fight in his skivvies

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1175150435256025088

Rashad vs Bader/Machida coming to us soon I bet

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Coker's 100% going to do a heavyweight Rashad vs Rampage II.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

might have to be superheavy if they don't do it soon

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
rashad, noooooo

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I had forgotten he existed.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CarlCX posted:

Isn't Rampage fighting Fedor in Japan on NYE?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He is yeah.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rashad's last win was in 2013 over Chael Sonnen

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lid posted:

Rashad's last win was in 2013 over Chael Sonnen

I lost $50 on that fight and I’m still mad about it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I still can't believe Tito Ortiz is going to fight Alberto Del Rio. It would be sad if both guys weren't shitheads.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

I still can't believe Tito Ortiz is going to fight Alberto Del Rio. It would be sad if both guys weren't shitheads.

It’s the kind of match where you root for the lions.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

TheKingslayer posted:

Ortiz is going to crush him, right?

More important question: are they holding it in a jurisdiction where there is a lax (or nonexistent) enough athletic commission to let Del Rio wear a mask?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I can't see a universe where Del Rio doesn't get his poo poo wrecked instantly because Tito has no sense of giving the fans a show. I mean he went in fighting old man Chuck like it was for the UFC title.

I'm sure the answer is money but I have no idea why Del Rio would agree to it otherwise.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

TheKingslayer posted:

he went in fighting old man Chuck like it was for the UFC title.

That really was one of the shittiest things I've seen in stupid sport, and everyone involved ought to be wildly ashamed of themselves

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tito is one of those guys that I can't tell if he's an ultra carny at all times or if he's really deluded enough to think beating Chuck when he's a shade from ordering off the special menu at IHOP somehow redeems Chuck wasting him twice.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
are you asking if tito "i want to outlive my kids" ortiz is dumb and deluded

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I mean :ortiz: he's both of those things. But I mean to THAT level?

Yeah. He absolutely is... Never mind.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Tuned in to CFFC to see some dude from my town that I've never heard of do this:

https://streamable.com/ywiol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1175587941856481281/pu/vid/628x352/7yYn1C4qI52Nt5jj.mp4

Mark Godbeer starched Jack May at Valor Bareknuckle.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
That replay doesn't really capture the moment. After that brutal KO, Jack May was down for several minutes. It was scary. The ref was massaging his heart as his legs spasmed and these lyrics were playing on the PA:
"Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care?"

Stay classy, Valor.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

TheKingslayer posted:

I mean he went in fighting old man Chuck like it was for the UFC title.

I can understand wanting to finish that fight asap and giving Chuck the least damage possible, after seeing his training camp videos.
Sure, takedown and sub would be nice, but not sure Tito has those chops.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/fullcontactmtwf/status/1176143330645663745?s=21

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I wanna introduce some of my non mma friends to Tito Ortiz because of how genuinely enthralling he is, but I don't know where to start. It is not like Sage Northcutt where I can just post his instagram and let people soak it up, ya know?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bluedeanie posted:

I wanna introduce some of my non mma friends to Tito Ortiz because of how genuinely enthralling he is, but I don't know where to start. It is not like Sage Northcutt where I can just post his instagram and let people soak it up, ya know?

start with the classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3E3Y3LW0X4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I thought titodick.jpg was the classic.

Also, I had never heard that before and am laughing my rear end off.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Does anyone have a mirror of the longer one that was like a master compilation of all his gaffes at that event, like calling Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort 180-year-olds?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
well here we are with the uh sorabral babalu. you did an awesome job. so why you're a blackbelt in jiu jitsu. getting an awesome submission there. i wanna tell me what you see lets go ahead and see by the fight, what you saw, in the ring.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

I adore this dumb idiot so much.

E: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654680

Here you go!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Who was the goon here (I think? Or was it some other part of the internet?) with the story about helping Tito train for the Bader, him being miserable and whining about Jenna Jameson the whole time while being rear end, and then trying to pay the gym in t-shirt handouts? Also a classic.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

CRISPYBABY posted:

Who was the goon here (I think? Or was it some other part of the internet?) with the story about helping Tito train for the Bader, him being miserable and whining about Jenna Jameson the whole time while being rear end, and then trying to pay the gym in t-shirt handouts? Also a classic.

It was here, but I can't remember the poster. I think one with a Shogun avatar?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
My wife met Tito and Jenna at some event she bartended, and said he was a super polite sweetheart and tipped well, so I will always have a soft spot for him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tito is probably the nicer of the brains punched to mush lot, but he’s definitely the stupidest. Even Tim Sylvia knows what a social train wreck he is.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

MotU posted:

"i want to outlive my kids"

lmao i forgot about this one

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/Ealvarezfight/status/1177240415751299073?s=19

Eddie's out of his fight. Was supposed to fight Saygid Arslanaliev on Oct 13, who I'm assured is a real person. I think this means Eddie is out of the ONE FC lightweight tournament altogether.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Completely forgot Bellator was doing another tape delay thing today. :shrug:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PhotoAmy33/status/1177796208812707841

Wanderlei's last win was a second round KO of Brian Stann in March 2013. this seems like a Very Poor Idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/PhotoAmy33/status/1177796208812707841

Wanderlei's last win was a second round KO of Brian Stann in March 2013. this seems like a Very Poor Idea.

A Brian Stann who retired immediately afterwards.