Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Jables88 posted:

I'm looking for a game that lets me make my own Mario levels, ideally in a number of styles with the ability to share them online. Would Super Mario Maker 2 be a good fit for me? Kind of on the edge.

You should get Zelda Links Awakening. It has a dungeon builder and sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Odyssey is fine. There are couple of incredibly good moments, but I found the "extra-hard" gauntlet at the end to be more frustrating that hard, and personally the Galaxy games wowed me more than Odyssey did overall. I think it was too hyped and people would say it did for Mario what BotW did for Zelda. Personally, I don't think the comparison is anywhere that close (I adored BotW, now that's a great game).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I love Odyssey but Galaxy was far better. I wish Nintendo went further in that direction.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked Odyssey but 3D World was much more my jam

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/1172434753720471553

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Apparently I can't buy Deadly Premonition Origins in New Zealand because the publisher's declined it for sale there. Little weird.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

people would say it did for Mario what BotW did for Zelda. Personally, I don't think the comparison is anywhere that close

Yeah it's not close, BotW was a good template and it'll turn out great once they polish it a bit for the sequel, but it wasn't nearly as good as Odyssey was :colbert:

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I just want to say, I grew up in the 80s, had a PC, never had a console until PS1, and I've had almost everything since then. The NES selection I thought was borderline unplayable garbage. I am however, balls deep in super Metroid, I spent all last night lying on my back playing it, I got the super jump, Varia suit, Ice beam, other beam thing. It's the loving best game. I love it. After that I'm doing Zelda LTTP.

It's going to sound kind of dumb but I have the online PS4 sub, and I rarely play much of their games online, or play the free games. I'm enamoured with the switch online because of the snes online stuff.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hatty posted:

I liked Odyssey but 3D World was much more my jam

the rare hot take thats also extremely legit

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Saw credits on super mario land, only got about 70 of the exits but had such a great time.

Gonna get right into link to the past this weekend and hopefully metroid too.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Does Nintendo know that ring is also slang for anus in the UK and Anus Fit Adventure is cool and all but not necessarily what most people might want to play?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Zebulon posted:

Nintendo briefly offered a system where you could buy two vouchers if you had the Nintendo Online service, for a cost of $100. These vouchers in turn could be used to buy a bunch of normally $60 Switch games, mostly first party but not entirely. So right off the bat you're shaving $10 off the price of each game. But you could also buy these vouchers with added funds, so you could get $50 Switch eShop cards for $40-$45 from various sources and bring that cost down even further. There wasn't a limit on the number of voucher pairs you could buy either.

I thought the most you could get was 8 preorder tickets?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rabelais D posted:

Does Nintendo know that ring is also slang for anus in the UK and Anus Fit Adventure is cool and all but not necessarily what most people might want to play?

i mean.... ring still just means ring in the uk too right?

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Yeah fair enough, but honestly Ring Fit Adventure is a really terrible name even if ring didn't also mean bumhole

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Stelas posted:

Apparently I can't buy Deadly Premonition Origins in New Zealand because the publisher's declined it for sale there. Little weird.

Stop shipping lamb to other countries and then we'll publish our games there

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

is this nzexit

it's up just fine on the aus store so I'll just get it there I guess

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i've seen the nigel mansell one a thousand times and each time it still surprises me on how much it owns.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Rabelais D posted:

Speak for yourself

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hungry Computer posted:

This might be the better solution. In my experience when you use the 3.5 mm port on the Switch while docked it creates a very annoying background hiss in the audio signal. Might just be my Switch though.

This is not uncommon. Full disclosure, I haven't done this with mine yet, but I have used other devices (mostly all of my phones, but also one of my previous laptops) and I believe the hiss or hum is from the ground loop from your AC outlet, which is why it disappears when you're portable. You may be able to mitigate this by not plugging your Switch dock right into an outlet. If you have a UPS unit, try plugging your dock into that and see if the noise goes away.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rabelais D posted:

At least some people in the organization must have known that it would immediately spawn goatse memes.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Amazing some people still buy wedding anuses in shops.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Odyssey should have got GOTY instead of BOTW

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Odyssey should have got GOTY instead of BOTW

the idea that there can be only one "GOTY" is wrong imo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Your Computer posted:

the idea that there can be only one "GOTY" is wrong imo

Well it is the Game Of The Year.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's unfair that Odyssey was only the Best of the Week, I agree.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well it is the Game Of The Year.

you're right, it's a flawed system

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Rabelais D posted:

This is the company that invited you to play with your wii

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The pure, childlike joy Mario Odyssey brought me when I started it was so strong that I can’t not consider it my favorite 3D Mario game.

3D World > Galaxy 1&2

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Stelas posted:

Weird. I still have an Australian account because I was over there when accounts became a thing, and you really can't change your region on accounts, and it's definitely still up over there.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

John Lee posted:

What the gently caress is your problem, pal?

It's a game written for babies, op

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh poo poo. Came in 2nd in Tetris 99. Oh man, I have not felt a rush like that in ages.

What a game. I know I'll get first sooner or later. I messed up crucially once or twice, and didn't exploit my pieces as well as I would've liked but wow. Just wow.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I can usually survive to top 10 in 99 but even with maximus out it feels like there are some ringers in there.

Sometimes you just get unlucky, too. Don't sweat it, you'll get that win eventually

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mario Odyssey was more impressive, but I had more fun with 3D World

Port 3d world to switch, doug

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

3d world was absolute dogshit compared to odyssey, and 3d world was fine

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

:hmmyes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Super No Vacancy posted:

I'm not going to judge the fact that you looooooove dog poo poo

Odyssey and 3DW are both really drat good
I do favor Odyssey over it a bit though

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario Galaxy is the best Mario to date and it's a shame I'll never be able to play it again.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

3d world was probably the most fun Ive had with a mario game that isnt one of his non-platforming outings.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Inzombiac posted:

Mario Galaxy is the best Mario to date and it's a shame I'll never be able to play it again.

Well you might get your wish as soon as *checks calendar* 2033

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Super Mario Sunshine HD port when?