Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Your hair looked really good.

edit: whoop, new page, better quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"Okay, but how'd your hair look?"

"Uhh...no time to explain, we have to save the president!"

The Rubberband Man
Jul 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lyndon wouldn't know how his hair looked, but he might have noticed that his head was lighter and colder than usual.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Rubberband Man posted:

Lyndon wouldn't know how his hair looked, but he might have noticed that his head was lighter and colder than usual.

No, because you only feel that way after a fresh cut. After a couple days, it's your new usual.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You only get physical sensations, so it would feel different to the Lyndon getting the vision.

Actually, it would be interesting to know how different he felt. He wouldn't know what his vision self was thinking, but he'd probably be able to know by autonomous body responses that he was feeling anxious and sad but not surprised

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Not much but plot advances.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/415

I like how the snout elf must tilt his head down to get close to the locker because of his ridiculous nose.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Thorsby misses nothing.

I remember his race of aliens in Accidental Space Spy who had one enormous lobster claw: their clothes all had a row of buttons down one side that opened them up completely which explained how they could get them on in the 1st place. None of the characters ever alluded to it: it was just one of Thorsby's logical background details.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/416

"Come on! We stole a couple of horses, I'll explain while we ride!"

Sometimes Thorsby's sentence construction just really knocks it out of the park.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I was Klara I'd be worried about Audrey holding a sword and saying that Trixie is about to get murdered.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

The Lone Badger posted:

If I was Klara I'd be worried about Audrey holding a sword and saying that Trixie is about to get murdered.

Klara is good at reading her sisters nuances.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Also when is Audrey not holding a sword?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Usually when she sheathes it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I just realized that the spell for stealing weapons - Snicker-Snack Yoink - is derived from Jabberwocky. I realized this looking up synergies for something involving the phrase "Vorpal" from Enter The Gungeon this morning. I am very smart.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Reminiscent of this bit from Brain Chip.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Finally, a play for YouTube content creators.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I want that painting of a bear fighting a kraken.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey so I clicked on this thread out of curiosity, went and started Lies Sisters And Wives assuming this was a hate-thread, but then absolutely fell in love with everything about this dude's work (I've now finished Lies and read Hitmen through the end of the living portals fiasco). It's the perfect marriage of dubious writing quality, actually genius writing, and way too much dialogue. It's literally mspa but better.

I know this isn't strictly relevant to the Trixie thread, but I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for introducing me to this wonderfully bizarre creator. Once I'm done binging all his stuff, I look forward to following Trixie with y'all.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Steak posted:

Hey so I clicked on this thread out of curiosity, went and started Lies Sisters And Wives assuming this was a hate-thread, but then absolutely fell in love with everything about this dude's work (I've now finished Lies and read Hitmen through the end of the living portals fiasco). It's the perfect marriage of dubious writing quality, actually genius writing, and way too much dialogue. It's literally mspa but better.

I know this isn't strictly relevant to the Trixie thread, but I just wanted to pop in to say thanks for introducing me to this wonderfully bizarre creator. Once I'm done binging all his stuff, I look forward to following Trixie with y'all.

Thorsby's a hard sell on paper, but he's great and utterly unique. Depending on who you ask, he got better with time too.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
It's always a wild ride when Thorsby's at the helm

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Hey get back to work steak

You can’t escape the neet thread, we’re always watching

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fumaofthelake posted:

Hey get back to work steak

You can’t escape the neet thread, we’re always watching

surprised_pikachu.jpg

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Nice to see Thorsby’s ensnared another one. Of the unfortunately few people I’ve convinced to check out his comics, I’ve actually recommended against Liars, Sisters and Wives first since I think he absolutely killed it in Hitmen (granted you have to read hundreds of pages to get there).

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Hitmen is a good one because it poses a bunch of questions in the opening panels and keeps at it with presenting and resolving mysteries

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I was initially put off by the art and refused to read, but now I think technically 'better' art would make the comics worse.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

I was initially put off by the art and refused to read, but now I think technically 'better' art would make the comics worse.

His art has certainly advanced since Hitmen and I think that's a good thing. If Hitmen was remade in the current Trixie quality I think it would be better than it currently is. But I don't want Thorsby to do that because I want him to keep thinking up new wild stories instead of trying to improve old ones, since it's the creativity of the writing that really keeps me coming back, not the art.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Like compare this random panel from the most recent Trixie with a random panel from the first Hitmen:

The art is a vast improvement and communicated action much more smoothly, while still keeping that unique Thorsby quality and still being able to include wacky monsters that don't look out of place in a more realistic art style.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dinosaurs! posted:

Nice to see Thorsby’s ensnared another one. Of the unfortunately few people I’ve convinced to check out his comics, I’ve actually recommended against Liars, Sisters and Wives first since I think he absolutely killed it in Hitmen (granted you have to read hundreds of pages to get there).

I think Lies was great to start with because I already knew his other stories were insane fantasy epics, so a short grounded farce was a good introduction to his style. If I had just opened up to the first page of Hitmen, I might have been majorly confused.

Like, Lies isn't astronomically great or anything (I already like Hitmen a lot more), but it's short and sweet, and funny. I think the most valuable thing I got out of it was Thorsby's willingness to do the absolute most, and stick to the bit even when he's written himself into 5 corners. I mean, most of why Lies is so good is that it's sort of a classic sitcom scenario of juggling lies, except it goes on for about 20x further than any sitcom character ever gets.

e: Well, Jim is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat who doesn't deserve a happy ending, but whatever lol

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 24, 2019

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Thorsby has been making these excellent comics for over 11 years and has seemingly made no money from it at all. He doesn't even have a Patreon.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Er, don’t get me wrong. Lies is fine, and definitely a good intro to Thorsby because of its length. I was meaning I think he does the bit so much better in Hitmen and if you’ve already read Lies you kind of know what to expect.

And seriously Thorsby has been at this so long and I’ve always just taken for granted that the next update will come. He clearly loves it because he appears to be making no money from it. Hopefully he keeps at it forever. Does anyone have an idea of his popularity around the web? I found him through here and have no idea if he’s just an obscure comic-drawing machine (RIP 3x a week updates :norway:) or some kind of underground celebrity.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mr. Steak posted:

I mean, most of why Lies is so good is that it's sort of a classic sitcom scenario of juggling lies, except it goes on for about 20x further than any sitcom character ever gets.

e: Well, Jim is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat who doesn't deserve a happy ending, but whatever lol

just like most sitcom characters, then

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
He has no reddit thread that Mr. Dick is aware of. So his popularity can be assumed to be limited to goons.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

It's very, very good. Hitmen for Destiny is ridiculously good. Transdimensional Brain Chip too!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Mr. Dick posted:

He has no reddit thread that Mr. Dick is aware of. So his popularity can be assumed to be limited to goons.

we're not the only twenty-year old legacy web forum, y'know

https://www.metafilter.com/154644/The-Worlds-of-yvind-Thorsby

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Looks like the servant is trying and failing to use Thorsby's trademark brand of cleverness. It could be a bit of self-parody on Thorsby's part.

Or maybe he's constantly coming up with ideas he thinks are clever but has enough of a superego to recognize which ones people will think are boring, or just plain bad, and occasionally uses the ones he thinks are comically bad in gags. Every part of the Thors-buffalo!

Peanut Butler posted:

we're not the only twenty-year old legacy web forum, y'know

https://www.metafilter.com/154644/The-Worlds-of-yvind-Thorsby

Hee hee, guilty as charged! (Check the username.)

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 26, 2019

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

BiggerJ posted:

Hee hee, guilty as charged! (Check the username.)

ahhh fukken lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’ve seen some of Thorsby’s stuff posted on reddit before.

cool biRd pics
Aug 28, 2009

you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds
Im so glad the president is still alive

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Perhaps not for long...
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/418

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Audrey can still manage to be excited about a horsey ride despite the dire circumstances.