Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

orange juche posted:

It's super loving easy to join Goons though you just slide in under one of the hundreds of pubbie corps.

It's also really easy to stay in Goons, just log into jabber and mumble once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

So why didn't other alliances get Roarqs and do the same?
It seems to me that watching your enemy build up their military capacity while not matching them, and then complaining later is dumb...

Because they're ~elite pvp~ not dirty miners.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

orange juche posted:

It's super loving easy to join Goons though you just slide in under one of the hundreds of pubbie corps.

"hundreds of pubbie corps"

Karmafleet, and...?

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
Is there a gooncorp in Eve Online Mobile Second Galaxy?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

"hundreds of pubbie corps"

Karmafleet, and...?

Aren't there pubbie chinese corps and weird miners and poo poo that recruit from Jita local?

ASCEE and poo poo?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yo that second galaxy poo poo looks like a straight ripoff of Eve online lol

Only problem is it's totally a gacha hell game most likely because mobile.

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

They did, with their goon alts.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

It seems to me that watching your enemy build up their military capacity while not matching them, and then complaining later is dumb...

Because Goons did what Goons always seem to do: they organized, like bees. The coalition built a fuckton of infrastructure, like enough citadels that you could walk from Cloud Ring to Aridia to Period Basis without getting your feet wet, did crucial organizational work like produce guides on how to mine in Rorquals effectively and safely, and built the processes around defense fleets that could respond instantly to mining Rorquals in trouble so that all they had to do was pop a cyno and wait for a hundred titans to jump in and boosh whatever entered local, while faxes rep the rorquals. (Faxes are Fleet Auxilliaries, a new type of capital ship - they took over the structure and capital repping role from carriers, which are dedicated combat ships now).

And, as always, we continued to have the best social welfare programs in EVE. Fly for us and we will pay you to lose ships. When a game sucks and is becoming increasingly lovely, the place with the best living conditions will still have the most active and productive members. Most of the old guard that made groups like PL legendary have quit playing, and with them went the drive and talent to stay competitive.

Most of our enemies don't like to admit that they PVE at all, or do it on alts in renter alliances. They definitely don't like to help one another PVE, particularly not in public, and not in an organized fashion. It's embarrassing. People might think you are less than elite because you spend all this time sucking crok. And it's work - it's hard, tedious work. Most of all, it's an endless, endless loving argument to fight to keep thousands of people on message and maintaining that organization once it's in shape, and our enemies don't like one another all that much in the first place.

It's weird, when you think about it, but the true power and legacy of "chaotic" Goonswarm is bureaucracy.

Adadad
May 16, 2008

paperchaseguy posted:

Is there a gooncorp in Eve Online Mobile Second Galaxy?

Yes there is search G00N (with zeros) and I think a new thread was made for it recently... maybe

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

PVPers sometimes have disdain for miners. As though these are two completely separate groups of players: noble warriors and peasant miners. Mining is for renters. Goons have thought this too at times. Ratting is better than mining, because ratting uses the same skills as pvp while mining skills are useless.

Some bright bulb in goons must have noticed that supers are made of minerals, not ISK. This revelation was enough to overcome the prejudice and turn goons into a mining superpower.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Mining alone didn't do this, the serious economic and logistical planning that went into our move into Delve set the stage. The Rorqual changes combined with skill injectors and fielding a useful local supercapital umbrella got us ahead. CCP's ChAoS eRa tableflip is now cementing that advantage, whilst literally killing the game in the process.

One could say that we've won.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is it time to build a whateverthefuck keepstar that takes so many resources that nobody should/would ever build it? Since the game is literally going down the tubes and I'm sure it won't be around for very long after October

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

orange juche posted:

Is it time to build a whateverthefuck keepstar that takes so many resources that nobody should/would ever build it? Since the game is literally going down the tubes and I'm sure it won't be around for very long after October

The game didn’t have the manpower to PI farm the materials before the slump so lmao

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

orange juche posted:

The same guy who did the video about EVE's economy did a video about ~roughly~ what it'd take just Goons to build one and it was still something like *years* of singularly-focused effort to build one.

Here ya go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUNYQl0hlyk&t=303s

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 14, 2019

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ZombieLenin posted:

So, here is the thing right. Even if you used third party intel apps to warn you, you had to be at your keyboard to not die in null before the blackout; and sadly lots of people still died.

Once again the “nullbear played the game afk!!2!2!1!” argument is complete bullshit.

that's a lot of words to reiterate what i said in dumber terms

ZombieLenin posted:

And that’s not even getting at the pretty serious issues the blackout has caused, including player drops. And here is the thing, right...

MMO retention rate is very strongly associated with quality social interaction. When you overtly nerf social interaction by removing local, which people used to socially interact, and in the process also nerf activities people did in the game in social groups, or while socializing—mining, ratting, etc.—you reduce social interaction, which causes some people to stop playing.

This, in turn, weakens in-game social networks, and cause more people to stop playing, which further weakens in-game social networks, which causes more people to quit playing, which further weakens in-game social networks, which causes more people to stop playing, which further weakens in-game social networks... see where I am going with this?

saying local was used for social interaction is dishonest, and it's still there to be used just as much as it was earlier. i fundamentally disagree with your premise

ZombieLenin posted:

(narcissistic personality disorder)

there it is, a classic

ZombieLenin posted:

1. CCP hosed itself a long time ago, and EVE is hosed; or
2. Hilmar is extremely incompetent or maliciously trying to burn down the eve IP on his way out the door.

blackout is highly popular everywhere except in one particular group in eve

also the 'massive loss' in players can be attributed to mostly bots, the cessation of mass multiboxed ratters, and probably a few people that have quit. it was pretty reasonable to assume there were at a minimum several hundred bots concurrently active in nullsec daily and that number is mostly consistent with the loss of pcu. CCP also stated daily active users were up so even then your claims aren't strong enough to make such claims

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nah

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

blackout is highly popular everywhere except in one particular group in eve
It's popular with people who hot-drop and pvp, but for everyone else it's a pain in the dick.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
How is Faction Warfare faring in the Chaos Era? I kinda miss the days of jumping into a small frigate fleet and at least being able to get into a fight, usually one sided and decided unsatisfactory in seconds but at least it was something, in 5-10 minutes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The game didn’t have the manpower to PI farm the materials before the slump so lmao

That's what they would say. Then one day BAAM 4K Palpatine Tuzy star.

It's not like they could go "hey we're building this thing 2 years down the line so start farming PI" Prices would go insane (second thought, do this Aryth)

I mean it's still not being built but the messaging would be the same either way.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Is eve actually dead come October or is this one of those things where people say eve is dead, poo poo, and dying but it never happens like for the past twenty years?

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Is eve actually dead come October or is this one of those things where people say eve is dead, poo poo, and dying but it never happens like for the past twenty years?
In short: yes

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Eve has been dead for years it will just be more dead.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Some people have been saying "eve is dead" while login numbers went up an down a bit.

Now that numbers have tanked significantly, eve is obviously not dying.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Some people have been saying "eve is dead" while login numbers went up an down a bit.

Now that numbers have tanked significantly, eve is obviously not dying.

login numbers are a contrarian indicator

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

GeneticWeapon posted:

It's popular with people who hot-drop and pvp, but for everyone else it's a pain in the dick.

pvpers should be incentivized imo, the game should be riskier not safer

edit: it's pretty popular across the board, it's not a pver versus pvper thing, it's more complicated

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 14, 2019

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

edit: it's pretty popular across the board, it's not a pver versus pvper thing, it's more complicated

find me a dude in nullsec who does pve who likes the blackout.

(not rutibex he's even stupider than you globby)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

incentivizing pvpers by making pve nearly impossible to do without a margin of safety means their pvp ships get more expensive and their targets dwindle

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

find me a dude in nullsec who does pve who likes the blackout.

uhh, just look at reddit, plenty of people there

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

incentivizing pvpers by making pve nearly impossible to do without a margin of safety means their pvp ships get more expensive and their targets dwindle

it's not impossible, it's highly possible

is it balanced compared to other pve activities? no but it's still possible.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
They should have dramatically reduced the size of the galaxy years ago. Cut out half of wormhole space and 1/3 of the systems in every constellation. Sure there are some incredibly dense population centers, but for the most part poo poo is empty as hell.

Now the population is dwindling even harder, so what felt like a dead game @20k feels even worse @10k.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

causticBeet posted:

They should have dramatically reduced the size of the galaxy years ago. Cut out half of wormhole space and 1/3 of the systems in every constellation. Sure there are some incredibly dense population centers, but for the most part poo poo is empty as hell.

Now the population is dwindling even harder, so what felt like a dead game @20k feels even worse @10k.

daily reminder that in 2012/2013 the pcu was 64k

GeneticWeapon
May 13, 2007

uhh, just look at reddit, plenty of people there

Maybe you found a couple of Reddit poster who share your opinion, but on the whole they are overwhelmingly against blackout.

And Eve's player base falloff certainly doesn't support your argument.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

CainFortea posted:

Because they're ~elite pvp~ not dirty miners.

Or some of us were just rich from the age of T2 BPOs and didn't have to engage in the painstakingly boring PvE bullshit in EVE

"Kill people, take their stuff" was good enough to sustain 1-3 ship losses per month without damaging personal war chests.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

GeneticWeapon posted:

Maybe you found a couple of Reddit poster who share your opinion, but on the whole they are overwhelmingly against blackout.

this is wrong lmao, you gotta be retarded to actually believe this.

the entire 'blackout is ending' thread is people complaining about how blackout was a good thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this is wrong lmao, you gotta be retarded to actually believe this.

the entire 'blackout is ending' thread is people complaining about how blackout was a good thing

reddit is a website that makes it easy to astroturf opinions so its no small wonder that the vocal minority is overrepresented on reddit while the rest of the players are uh,

playing KSP, overwatch, and the cheeki breeki fps game with permaloss

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Guess the bots are going to come back now

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thinking I might just leave eve alone then based on what’s going on. Starbase seems like its going to be entering EA at some point this year anyway and that looks like it’s got the space drama and player economy stuff I’m looking for anyway.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

reddit is a website that makes it easy to astroturf opinions so its no small wonder that the vocal minority is overrepresented on reddit while the rest of the players are uh,

let's not pretend that eve wasn't already dying and there were other factors involved in the drop of the playerbase (like how the biggest drop off was on the day classic wow released, nope no coincidence there!)

and as for the astroturfing, it's quite clear that the only people astroturfing is the imperium.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

and as for the astroturfing, it's quite clear that the only people astroturfing is the imperium

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
https://clips.twitch.tv/ExpensiveJazzyDonutOMGScoots

So blackout ends monday.