Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

LArtoria to 92
Jalter to 100
Chloe to 90
BB to 85 (but I haven't leveled her :negative:)

I should use more of my grails. Too bad I have no embers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Medea and Medea Lily to 100

Ereshkigal probably next assuming I manage to roll her

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

serefin99 posted:

People are seriously still mad over the loving Emiya Alter poo poo and I hate it so much.

They're Nazis.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I realized that grinding blue skill gems is actually not that bad, albeit a little bit tedious. Since it's only 10AP per, in a single day of AP you can get well over 20 of the things.

I'm also thinking I might do things differently than I did in JP and actually grail someone to 100. In JP I used all my grails to turn 3* and 4* servants into level 90s, but I'm thinking I might go all-in on using grails and golden Fous to make my Dante into a high-power future grinding tool.

Speaking of the Dantes/Skadi thing, are the reasons it's considered effective that 1. he's an Avenger (so is effective against all the main classes) and 2. he has an attack buff which is multiplicative with Skadi's quick buff, instead of a quick buff like many other servants with AoE quick NPs?

SennyYak posted:

I understand Quetz.

I also pruned some inactives so I've got some friend slots open. I already added everyone who posted a few pages ago.

Quetzalcoatl is powerful and one of relatively few female servants I actually like in this game.

Nakar posted:

Well that happened.

Hey, I also got two Lancer Arturia Alter's from a single 10-pull! The following 10-pull got my Merlin. This was a huge relief, because I only had 2.5 10-pulls worth of crystals and the sunk cost feeling of spending them and getting nothing is awful.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 14, 2019

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the biggest thing you want from quick NPs for skadi is hit count, which dantes has plenty of (and zerkerlot)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think Dantes being interluded and having Golden Rule are bigger factors in his looping success than his atk boost, but the advantages of avenger (neutral damage 99.9% of the time, 1.1x class mod) are why he's the top skadi pointman yeah

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Gawain: Fool. I am invincible in the light of the day, and thanks to the blessing of the Lion King, the sun always shines upon me.
Billy: So what you're basically saying is that no matter what time of day I fight you...
Gawain: ... No. Don't say it, don't you dare say-
Billy: ... it's high noon. :clint:
Gawain: :argh:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

W.T. Fits posted:

Gawain: Fool. I am invincible in the light of the day, and thanks to the blessing of the Lion King, the sun always shines upon me.
Billy: So what you're basically saying is that no matter what time of day I fight you...
Gawain: ... No. Don't say it, don't you dare say-
Billy: ... it's high noon. :clint:
Gawain: :argh:

After that, Billy could not lose.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Looping is slightly complicated but the main things you want are high hitcounts and high damage (as Overkill/Overgauge hits increase NP gain). SurfMo needed an Attack boost at NP1-2 during Nerofest because she wouldn't have Overkilled the wave 2 demon fast enough to get the refund from that, for example. This is why Zerkerlot and Dantes want higher NP levels, it doesn't change the NP generation directly but it indirectly does by letting them get in Overkill hits faster. Having an NP Gen Up buff like Golden Rule doesn't hurt but it'll also be possible to get a huge buff to that from Paracelsus after his strengthening. Still, the attack buff and Golden Rule make Dantes a lot more consistent than other loopers and his class agnosticism is nice too. Zerkerlot needs a little more help but he has the dual advantages of Berserker advantage against nearly everything and a stacking attack buff whenever he NPs that makes it easier for him to hit Overkill on subsequent waves.

With Skadi it's also worth noting that you don't need a gigantic 100% refund like Arts loopers shoot for; Skadi herself has a 50% battery so with double Skadi you just need to get to 100% in the first round (hence why limit broken Kaleidoscope is ideal), then find a way to refund 50% off the first and second waves. The Skadis top you off the rest of the way. They also provide an enormous Quick boost to help with the refund. Even then, you want the damage and hitcounts as Quick refunds are not nearly as high as Arts refunds in most cases. Marie for example has to also be getting the slightly higher NP generation rate from attacking Casters to loop consistently, because even at Clawtopsy levels she can come up a bit short despite potentially having class advantage when farming Berserkers. You can sub in other characters to help with loop consistency but that kind of defeats the purpose of Skadi looping which is to let you handle everything with one DPS servant and put whatever CEs you want on the Skadis and whatever backliners you want. Double Skadi Dantes/Lancelot setups are godlike for event farming because no matter how crappy the drop CEs are you only need to give up one slot on Dantes/Lancelot and can put drop bonuses on everybody else.

It's kind of busted, honestly, and I'm strongly considering grailing my NP5 Zerkerlot and giving him my gold Attack Fous because who the hell else benefits from that the way he does?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Grails:

Ibaraki to 100
Melt to 100

Saving 7 for Summer Melt, dunno what I'll do with the others.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Can Helena farm all 3 levels of doors?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Billzasilver posted:

Can Helena farm all 3 levels of doors?

If she's at np1? She can't clear any level.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well I was waiting for the Lartoria/Merlin banner next week but two tickets got me a Lalter so I guess Lancelot it is for the pick ticket. :toot: Definitely gonna Grail her up to match Salter and Santa, once I get Sir Lances a lot of married women up and running.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Compendium posted:

FSN Cu Chulainn - 100
Cu Alter - 100
Onicure - 100
Fujino - 90
Ryougi Shiki - 90
Nitocris - 90
Salter - 90
Saber Diarmuid - 90
Bedivere - 80
David - 80

My grail list hasn't really changed from last time except Onicure getting to 100. I've been considering new candidates.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Arash 70
Bunyan 70
Lalter 90
Musashi 100
Ereskigal 100
Jalter 100
Saber Hokusai 90
MHX 90
Kenshin 90
Summer Jalter 90

Probably missing one more but that's the jist.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Grails:

Tamamo 100
Cu 80
Bedi 80

I uh, guess I should use some of the dozen grails I have in reserve sometime

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Guess who I decided to Grail?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Turn off nightmode before you attempt to capture the king's grandeur, Zasshu. :v:

(now grail Caster Gil)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Looking forward to obtaining five copies of Eli Saber and then putting all of them into the second archive where they belong

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Don’t be put off my how badly her third skill sucks- she’s actually quite a decent character otherwise. An NP5 ST servant is always worth investing in.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Eli's NP5 damage is better than Musashi's NP1 FWIW

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

not sure if it's worth terribly much considering musashi so thoroughly beats her in terms of utility and card damage

for people who are leaning on caesar and/or np1 bedivere, liz is a nice change of pace though

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I have Saberlot and he’s not a creepy fuckin kid :colbert:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's been half a decade and people still ask about ST sabers when Caeser is always there, but no one wants him cause he's fat

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Saber Liz's NP is insanely strong. She's a great offensive Servant against Lancer bosses, and a decent general attacker if your Servant pool sucks.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Tae posted:

It's been half a decade and people still ask about ST sabers when Caeser is always there, but no one wants him cause he's fat

It's not JUST that he's fat, he's also lazy, smug, and (without Cleopatra) boring

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Tae posted:

Caesar: (7500 attack)
Brave Liz: (9900 Attack, with a Mana Burst)

No, no, it must be because he's fat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Crasical posted:

Caesar: (7500 attack)
Brave Liz: (9900 Attack, with a Mana Burst)

No, no, it must be because he's fat.

I'm talking about the times before brave liz existed and when new people were asking after halloween

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Tae posted:

I'm talking about the times before brave liz existed

So you're complaining about stuff from a year ago?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Fat Caesar is great and there was a time when I was strongly considering grailing him for the combination of his usefulness and design.

Then Nero came home and also the gacha has dumped so many other Sabers on me since those early days so he spends a lot of time on the bench these days but I still like the guy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Caesar has charisma and incitement so i don't think he's particularly worse off than Liz, he just has been harder to buff and is still somehow without an NP interlude 4 years into the game.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I wish more of Caesar’s content was like “this dude is the smoothest talker in the world” and less of it was “hee fatty.” Give me Rider Caesar too

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

He's got party wide NP Damage boost, Charisma, and a targetable Crit damage Buff, and his NP hits surprisingly hard.

Caesar is an early attacker for a new player who transitions into a more of a supportive role for a stronger servant as the player's roster deepens.

Bogart posted:

I wish more of Caesar’s content was like “this dude is the smoothest talker in the world” and less of it was “hee fatty.” Give me Rider Caesar too

We've had that in few events though, such as the original Christmas event where everyone is all "don't let him get a word in edgewise or he'll con the shirts off our backs and sell them back to us at a markup. Attack immediately"

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Bogart posted:

Give him to Redrop to draw

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Caesar doesn't need to be thin or drawn by ReDrop to be the most charismatic person around.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Caesar doesn't need to be thin or drawn by ReDrop to be the most charismatic person around.

Won't lie, Cleo is hot in that outfit. Caeser has good taste in women.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Caesar is in this weird place where he has support abilities and a damaging ST NP with a focus on Quick. He's good, but he's unfocused, which makes him less attractive in team comps.

'Underrated 3 stars' is a rough competition when you share ranking with Cu the Deathless and Billy the Beatstick.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm not really sure what's unfocused about him, he's got generic support abilities that benefit him just as much as anyone else. you use him equally well as your main DPS or to support them. he's not a support you keep on the field, but that's what plugsuit and taunt CEs are for, or you use him in a buffstacking strat where the DPS doesn't stay on the field.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Caesar isn't wearing footwear in his final ascension art

Just a fun fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Show me the feeties