Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Moneyball posted:

You want an update?

:justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

canyoneer posted:

Sucks that dude got banned and we can't hear more about the bog witch

I wonder if there are other kinds of witches. Forest witch? Tundra witch? Tidal witch? Dune witch? Do they communicate with one another? Are there conventions?

These are important topics that, sadly, will never be addressed. Curse the mods.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Griefor posted:

These things are very much correlated though. Giving a whole country a decent standard of living means that there's just gonna be less room for disgustingly rich people to be disgustingly rich. But you're right that retirement/college/vacation doesn't hit that threshold, not even close.

Worded it badly but people like to throw out, for example, 100k as guillotine territory because they themselves only make 30k and that's what I'm talking about. The problem isn't that 100k is very much comfortable and so guillotine, it's that 30k is very much not okay and they need to be brought up. Where that guillotine line starts is certainly debatable but some people (not necessarily here) want to start that line way too early.

Cyrano4747 posted:

I fully agree that a comfortable life shouldn’t be the domain of the rich.

My issue is that what we, as a culture, have determined is “comfortable” is loving insane.

Vacations are a great example. Drive out to the country and rent something near a lake? loving human right tier poo poo here. But most people you see talking about a “typical vacation” are talking airplanes and hotels and experiences. This thread has a long history of laughing st people with crazy CC debt from financing some insane trip to Mexico or whenever.

Or how about our favorite thhread third rail, weddings? The fact that even guillotine candidates making $100,001 think a $20k wedding is a normal middle class expectation is perverse.

I’m not going on piss on people who are caught up in this bullshit. They’re victims as much as anyone else. But we have a culturally accepted idea of “comfortable” that is loving luxuriant.

Financing an overseas vacation on a CC because you don't have money *IS* BWM and deserves to be laughed at. But it doesn't mean that being able to afford an overseas trip every once in a while is "luxuriant". I'm putting you squarely in the people I'm talking about above.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

totalnewbie posted:

Worded it badly but people like to throw out, for example, 100k as guillotine territory because they themselves only make 30k and that's what I'm talking about. The problem isn't that 100k is very much comfortable and so guillotine, it's that 30k is very much not okay and they need to be brought up. Where that guillotine line starts is certainly debatable but some people (not necessarily here) want to start that line way too early.

A rising guillotine blade lifts all boats

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

Financing an overseas vacation on a CC because you don't have money *IS* BWM and deserves to be laughed at. But it doesn't mean that being able to afford an overseas trip every once in a while is "luxuriant". I'm putting you squarely in the people I'm talking about above.

Yeah, it is. I say this as someone who has spent more than his fair share of time abroad and recognizes how privileged I was to do that. Would it be great if everyone got to experience that? Yep. Is it normal? Nope. Most of the people in the US can’t afford it which takes it right out of some kind of normative “middle class.”

The fact that it’s held up as an ideal, a marker to show you’ve made it, is perverse and encourages self destructive (in an economic sense) behavior.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Yeah, that's the point! They CAN'T afford it but they SHOULD be able to afford it. The fact that the "middle class" can't afford it now doesn't mean that not being able to afford an international trip is the definition of what "middle class" should be.

How do we define what a real middle class person should be able to afford? Saving for retirement, for kids school, no debt, reasonable living conditions, access to transportation, etc. etc. I would include (how often, exactly where, how lavish, etc up for debate but) international vacations in there. Because people who work hard deserve to be able to have some loving fun every once in a while.

edit: In other words, if you don't think an international vacation should be within grasp of the middle class (totally fine!), it should be because you objectively don't think that middle class people shouldn't be able to afford international vacations, not simply because they can't afford it now. That's the kind of mentality that I'm saying is counterproductive to progress. I think the kind of mentality that "middle class can't afford it now so that's the way it should be" is a bit of Stockholm syndrome because we are all hostages to the super wealthy who are only that way because they're sucking all the blood out of everyone else.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 13, 2019

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

totalnewbie posted:

Yeah, that's the point! They CAN'T afford it but they SHOULD be able to afford it. The fact that the "middle class" can't afford it now doesn't mean that not being able to afford an international trip is the definition of what "middle class" should be.

How do we define what a real middle class person should be able to afford? Saving for retirement, for kids school, no debt, reasonable living conditions, access to transportation, etc. etc. I would include (how often, exactly where, how lavish, etc up for debate but) international vacations in there. Because people who work hard deserve to be able to have some loving fun every once in a while.

You have a list of normal poo poo that people should have access to , but cap it off with international vacations.

LIke, I too wish we lived in an world where everyone could have all the material wealth that we could possibly bestow, but that's not the world we live in. gently caress, just think through the environmental impact if every person on the planet could have an international vacation every once in a while. Say, every ten years?

We're holding up an amazingly high standard of living as "normal." If we lived in a Star Trek universe where we had full space utopia with lack of want for resources or problems with pollution that would be one thing, but in the world we have right now it's self destructive in the extreme. Both to the individual (who goes into all sorts of BWM bullshit to afford these things) and to the rest of us (who have to live with the negative externalities of every "middle class / not poor" person flying abroad every few years.)

Even setting aide the environmental issue, the fact that this is being sold as what the middle class should be is a huge problem. It's advocating a consumerist lifestyle that is way beyond what most people can afford as "normal." It sets expectations of what a "normal" life are that simply can't be met.

New smart phone every year? Bullshit expectation.

Vacation abroad every couple of years? Bullshit expectation.

New car every 3-4 years? Bullshit expectation.

Only wear a shirt on average 7 times before tossing it in favor of something new? Bullshit expectation.

Huge expensive wedding that is a significant chunk of your yearly income? Bullshit expectation.

All of these are ideas that exist only to sell poo poo, to create a consumer society that fuels the profits of an incredibly wealthy elite. This is incredibly destructive, and if you want to limit it to strictly BWM thread issues, it's very much so for the people who are conditioned into believing that these are just normal things that everyone should be doing.

gently caress, "keeping up with the Jonses" has been a BWM trope since the goddamned 50s for a reason.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Cyrano4747 posted:

The larger issue is that what most people think of as a “middle class” lifestyle is decidedly upper class, or at least very upper middle class. Like, taking a vacation that involves an airplane twice a year wasn’t a middle class norm for a long time.

You're objectively right, but I think that middle class is more of a subjective feeling about where you stand in relation to others. Once something becomes "normal" it becomes something the "middle class" should be able to do. It's interesting. I know a lot of people who take at least one international trip a year, which is really cool, but they also grumble about barely getting by, and it's like man, you just flew to loving Spain a month ago...it's alright, you're doing fine. Airline travel is just one very specific example and I'm not trying to sound like a boomer, but I also find it interesting that our perception of what "middle class" should entail climbs over time.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
You make a good point about environmental effects, etc.

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's advocating a consumerist lifestyle that is way beyond what most people can afford as "normal." It sets expectations of what a "normal" life are that simply can't be met.

Again, you are focused completely on what "normal" people currently, in a system we know is broken, can and cannot afford.

quote:

New smart phone every year? Bullshit expectation.

etc...

All of these are ideas that exist only to sell poo poo, to create a consumer society that fuels the profits of an incredibly wealthy elite.

Sure, there is an upper limit to what kind of spending constitutes "normal" and "middle class". I agree that new phone, new car, etc. don't fall into that. But I disagree that international travel necessarily falls into that same category. Externalities aside, going overseas is not all that different from going even across the US (if you fly). You can get flights to Japan from Portland for 500 round trip. You can get flights to Europe from NYC for less. A flight across the US is almost as much and even if you drive to Disneyland, you're guaranteed to spend some thousands of dollars for your family. But when you're in Japan or Europe, you could stay in hostels, eat cheap food, and go do cheap stuff for a week and you've come out ahead of whoever went to Disney.

Or, you could take a first class flight to a private beach villa in Tahiti. I mean, these are all "international travel" right?

Of course there's a (blurry) line between what's reasonable and what's absurd, but that has to do with how much money you're spending, not that it's "international". I just said "international" to clearly distinguish it from "go to the nearest actual city for a long weekend".

As for consumerism fueling the wealthy elite, that's why we want to limit the ability of the incredibly wealthy elite to be incredibly wealthy in the first place. There is no reason this consumer society could not fuel profits for society.

quote:

This is incredibly destructive, and if you want to limit it to strictly BWM thread issues, it's very much so for the people who are conditioned into believing that these are just normal things that everyone should be doing.

gently caress, "keeping up with the Jonses" has been a BWM trope since the goddamned 50s for a reason.

Yes, people living beyond their means is stupid and is destructive but this will be a problem regardless of how high up we bring everyone. People are financially self-destructive not because they see other people take vacations and just want to do it, they're financially self-destructive because they want to do it and do not recognize that they do not have the means to do so.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

paternity suitor posted:

You're objectively right, but I think that middle class is more of a subjective feeling about where you stand in relation to others. Once something becomes "normal" it becomes something the "middle class" should be able to do. It's interesting. I know a lot of people who take at least one international trip a year, which is really cool, but they also grumble about barely getting by, and it's like man, you just flew to loving Spain a month ago...it's alright, you're doing fine. Airline travel is just one very specific example and I'm not trying to sound like a boomer, but I also find it interesting that our perception of what "middle class" should entail climbs over time.

As society progresses, what's normal should necessarily change. Sure, in the early 20th century, a refrigerator might rightly be considered a luxury but it's surely no longer a luxury.

I mean, look, even the idea of a middle class is fairly recent (by chance, I wrote a paper on this topic in college. It was awful.). It used to be that there were just normal (i.e. loving poor) people and the uber wealthy. But some time through the 1500-1600s, this group of merchant class people started to emerge and they weren't anywhere near the lords and ladies, but they were also clearly not paupers. So clearly, it's possible to wholesale pull up entire groups of people to new living standards. I think there's nothing that says that we can't continue this process to raise everyone's standards so that even the "lower class" of the future enjoys the same living standards as today's "middle class".

Of course you're right that it's all subjective and so the expectations of a real "middle class" would be higher than it is today, but then if the people in the "lower class" aren't struggling to survive and are ensured financial safety after retirement, don't have their children gated from education due to lack of finances, and can take some international vacationsetc., then maybe it's no longer so important to be "middle class". I also imagine that the "upper class" and "elites" of this future also would not be as far from everyone else as they are today. We don't have to keep the histogram the same shape it is today.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 14, 2019

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

paternity suitor posted:

Yeah a lot of things, like (air) travel, consumer products, and food are cheaper now than they have ever been in the US. Still net-net, non-rich Americans are probably worse off now when compared to the past since housing, healthcare, & education costs have gone up. A lot of posters in the political subforums often don't know or conveniently forget the first sentence of my post, though, when they write their posts on this subject.

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 14, 2019

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.
OK so I'm not going to even come close to making the claim that big vacations are a right. But consider this:

Max 401(k): $19,000/ea per year
College savings: A good $800/mo per kid for 18 years (given tuition trends, and yes I've done the math)
Day care: most places around $2,500/mo for 2 kids

For a family of 4, that's nearly $90k/year.

Granted that's not for a lifetime, but you cannot possibly convince me that 150% of this nation's median household income should cover these 3 basic things. And also don't forget this is if you have the privilege of being able to contribute to a 401(k).

BWM aside, something is hosed up here, and it ain't people taking a jet overseas once a decade.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
e:

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 14, 2019

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Derail bird is watching u

My idiot cousin impulse bought several hives of bees. As I'm a first year beekeeper his wife asked for advice and help, which I was happy to oblige by demonstrating an inspection.

Dear god he was horribly uninformed. He was told the hives have mites - quite likely, as Varroa Destructor mites are really common and if not managed can take over a hive - but then described a bunch of big black beetles.

If he'd done literally any research at all, he'd know that those are probably Small Hive Beetle, a nuisance but not usually dangerous unless something else is already weakening the hive. Mites look like little red freckles on the bees, SHB look like... well, beetles about half the size of a bee. There's no mistaking them, and if the previous beekeeper told him they were mites then that does not inspire confidence. It would be like being a farmer and mistaking cows and dogs.

He then spent the entire time I was doing my inspection, trying to show him how to care for the bees and keep them alive and healthy, to ask how to get all the honey out, why couldn't he take all the honey, why isn't all the hive honey, why do they need baby bees, can't he just take all the honey? He didn't want to hear that he might need to wait into next year depending not what his inspection reveals, and oh yeah he actually has to do regular inspections and register his hive with the state. :commisar:

He also let slip that he only wrapped up one of the hives before loading it in his truck and driving away, and a bunch of bees were desperately chasing the hive at night. He probably killed that hive from his incompetence. If he's lucky they can rebuild before winter, but if he tries to harvest at all... :cripes:

Guy bought something worth probably close to $2000 or more in hives and bees and he's going to burn it all to the ground with his idiocy unless his much smarter wife takes the lead.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

:bisonyes:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I had an idiot neighbor growing up who was the definition of "keeping up with the Jones's", and bought a $7,000 purebred Golden Retriever puppy but couldn't even house train it. After a couple months and telling everyone in the neighborhood multiple times that he paid $7,000 for a puppy that shits and pisses all over his house, he got rid of it (hopefully to a better home).

That guy was a huge piece of poo poo for so many reasons. My brother left a fairly expensive toy over at the guys house while he was playing with his son, then the guy denied that it was left there. We later found out from his wife that one of the Jones's showed up to his house and he pretended that it was his and gave it away to their son.

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 14, 2019

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

SpartanIvy posted:

I had an idiot neighbor growing up who was the definition of "keeping up with the Jones's", and bought a $7,000 purebred Golden Retriever puppy but couldn't even house train it. After a couple months and telling everyone in the neighborhood multiple times that he paid $7,000 for a puppy that shits and pisses all over his house, he got rid of it (hopefully to a better home).

That guy was a huge piece of poo poo for so many reasons. My brother left a fairly expensive toy over at the guys house while he was playing with his son, then the guy denied that it was left there. We later found out from his wife that one of the Jones's showed up to his house and he pretended that it was his and gave it away to their son.

My sister's in-laws are like that. The wife is ok if ditzy and weirdly competitive/sensitive about her 4yo son's size (they're both obese, so i get it) but her husband is an enormous piece of poo poo. He seems to subsist entirely on car accident fraud, disability from said fraud, and get-rich-quick schemes.

He quit his job dealing at the local casino because "he didn't want to work anymore." That was it. He has no other qualifications and has a young son.

He bought a bunch of sandblasting equipment to "start a business". Turns out you have to do work for that to happen, so it languished in the garage until he finally sold it. He's done this multiple times, buying a bunch of dumb poo poo off craigslist while dreaming big then selling it at a huge loss later.

He made spending money over the summer selling carpenter bee traps - literally a piece of plywood with a mason jar attached. His next genius plan was to hire someone to do that minimal amount of work but not, like, pay them for it or anything. I think possibly by paying them in his pain medication, because nothing else makes sense.

My sister and her husband tried helping them out on occasion, giving them a window A/C unit when theirs went out or letting them have some other stuff... and he went and sold it on Craigslist and kept the cash. He saw nothing wrong with this. They don't give him anything any more, and he occasionally complains because "that's not how you treat family". He's definitely one of those fuckers that takes donated goods then tries to sell them online later, then dumps them somewhere if they don't sell.

Lest you think I'm elitist or prejudicial with these folks; I mentioned obesity because they have lots of health problems and they're frequently tight up for money because of it. She has occasionally dabbled in essential oils, despite being a nurse. I mention fraud because he's bragged as much in my hearing, not to mention his not wanting to work comment. He spends tons of money on his motorcycle and other toys that require physical fitness meanwhile his wife is worried if they can make their house payments. He spent a ton of (what is effectively his wife's) money on some Power Wheels, we suspect just to keep up with my sister and her husband. They're both engineers and with concordant salaries in a LCOL area and also GWM.

I don't think he's actually stolen anything from my in-laws yet (not counting his selling donations), but I have no doubt he'd come up with a clever justification for it.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

SpartanIvy posted:

How do you loving pay $7k for a golden retriever? They are one of the the most common breeds in the country.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
purebred just means its extra dumb and more health problems. Buying a purebred for anything but dogs shows and breeding is very very stupid

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Fauxtool posted:

purebred just means its extra dumb and more health problems. Buying a purebred for anything but dogs shows and breeding is very very stupid

Dog shows and breeding is also stupid tho?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

gvibes posted:

How do you loving pay $7k for a golden retriever? They are one of the the most common breeds in the country.

Knowing this guy he probably got scammed by someone on Craigslist, or he was lying, or both. He was squarely in the "If I spend foolish amounts of money on things they'll think I'm rich" mindset. After he got divorced and moved out of our modest neighborhood, I heard he moved into some McMansion by himself.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Like the guy in a $900 suit is going to waste his time house training a $7000 dog, I mean COME ON!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

DarkHorse posted:

Guy bought something worth probably close to $2000 or more in hives and bees and he's going to burn it all to the ground with his idiocy unless his much smarter wife takes the lead.

Someone please save the bees from him. Abduct them in the night and give them away to a good home(me please) where they will get lots of love.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

SpelledBackwards posted:

Like the guy in a $900 suit is going to waste his time house training a $7000 dog, I mean COME ON!
Don't bother even talking to me about dogs while I sit here in my $2,000 suit!

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Time to cross post some Good With Money.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PurpleXVI posted:

Someone please save the bees from him. Abduct them in the night and give them away to a good home(me please) where they will get lots of love.

I mean, it's one hive of Bees, PurpleXVI. What could it cost? Ten dollars?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Oh god not the bees

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Beads?

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Ceiling fan posted:

Time to cross post some Good With Money.

What were they gonna do to that clown? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the $7,000 untrained golden retriever with uncared for pickup truck bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?

GWM/GWL:

howdoesishotweb fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Sep 14, 2019

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

DarkHorse posted:

He also let slip that he only wrapped up one of the hives before loading it in his truck and driving away, and a bunch of bees were desperately chasing the hive at night.

This is the most incredible mental image.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

How to let people know it's not just a truck, but Truck Equity

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
That guy has BTE

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/d4dzul/120k_income_massive_debt_sinking_more_each_month/

quote:

EDIT 10:45am: I have been trying to keep up but have almost 400 unread responses and countless questions under posts. THANK YOU to everyone. Every idea, feedback, support, criticism, eye roll, shared stories....I can’t say how much it means to me. I know my family will get out of this one way or another!

Original post:

My wife and I have gotten ourselves into a disaster.

Here is the high level summary:

Average monthly take home from salary: $7,450 (after min matching 401k contribution, health insurance, and taxes)

The debt:

Fed Student Loans (between spouse and I) - $490/m ($85,500 total)
Private Student loans (between spouse and I) - $600/m ($41,700 total)
Private Loans (four) - $1800/m (13% apr) ($54,000 total) (holy loving poo poo we hosed ourselves with irresponsibility #1)
Credit Cards (seven) - $1300 (22%) ($50,000 total) (holy loving poo poo we hosed ourselves with irresponsibility #2)
Debt: $231,000, min monthly payments $4,190

House - $1,250/m (owe $160k, worth $200k)
Debt with house: $391,000, min monthly payments with house $5,440

The bills:

Electric $200 (average)
Water $90
Cell phone $120
Internet & Cable $190
Car Insurance $160
Gas $110
Food $800 (family of four) (edit: also includes all household consumables like toilet paper, etc)
Auto fuel $40
Total bills: $1,710

Net:

$7,450 - $5,440 - $1,710 = -$300

We're adding to our credit card debt monthly and that assumes no unexpected expenses, co-pays, etc.

I work full time from home. My wife is raising our kids. Our oldest is in grade school our youngest starts kindergarten next year. My wife has a four year degree as do I. I do some moonlighting which brings in about $400/m currently at a rate of $30/hour (not included above in my income total) and I am hoping to expand that to about $1000/m if I can find an additional 2-3 clients to work with nights/evenings. Even with a more robust moonlighting roster we will be adding debt when any 'unexpected' bills come up during the year (car repairs, etc).

What do I do? I know I can work at Target (or the equivalent) for $13/h on nights/weekends. That would bring in about $800/m after taxes I believe. I am actively reaching out to prospects and consider $30/h to be the low end of my rate ($50-75 is my goal). My wife can work half days next year after kid goes to school.

I've sold every toy I own; no gaming systems, hobbies, etc. I only own my laptop for work. My wife has about $2000 of remaining hobby/collection things we are selling. We've been selling off random things for $5-10 at a time as we clear out our basement, find old kid toys, some furniture pieces.

Tell me I'm missing something, there is a strategy to follow, or I am somehow (currently) being stupid/irresponsible. I am all ears and my feelings cannot be hurt.

Edit also we own one small car, paid off, worth about $6k

Spouse has a 4 year degree and $0 income with $100k in credit card/loan debt. Going to throw this out there, maybe they could get some moonlighting income given at this point both kids should be sleeping through the night and able to be semi-self sufficient during the day?

Edit: I guess the younger kid is special needs, but there are still many hours of the day unaccounted for, and there is $0 in medical spending in there despite allegedly hitting their $5k out of pocket maximum for the year. Overall their budget has holes in it.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 15, 2019

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

From the comments:

quote:

The issue is not your finances. The issue is your wife is a LEECH on your family. Your kids are not infants. They do not need a stay at home mother.

JFC, what a lovely thing to say, though.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

From the comments:

JFC, what a lovely thing to say, though.

I'm sure that poster is a joy to be around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Debt: $231,000, min monthly payments $4,190

Got dang jimmy bobby sonnova