Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
if you don't love zenitsu at his lowest then you don't deserve him at his best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
I was surprised Zenitsu didn't apear out of nowhere to cut the head off the guy stabbing Nezuko

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Inosuke in the streets
Zenitsu in the sheets

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Whenever Zenitsu isn't on screen the other characters should be asking each other "Where's Zenitsu?"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

The Sandman posted:

But this is the 1910s, personal automatic weapons are just becoming a thing in WWI Europe. Where's anyone supposed to get one in Japan?

Nowhere, that's why he'll be unstoppable.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Matsuoka was probably the best casting choice out of the main cast. I do feel that Hiro Shimono kinda gets Zenitsu across better, but that has its pros and cons.

Aside from the kid who's voiced by Kengo Kawanishi (who's ok), every single pillar and the leader of the Demon Slaying Corps is a no-brainer of casting since they're all stupidly talented.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Zenitsu may not be Goodest Boy, but he is a Good Boy

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

he's the Worst Boy.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Just shut the gently caress up, Zenitsu, you're a pain everyone's rear end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't remember as good a boy in recent shounen that's as good as Gonpachiro Kentaro Yushiro Tanjiro.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

100 degrees Calcium posted:

he's the Worst Boy.

Say that to my OST and not online and see what happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQIDpHdyW0

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wark Say posted:

I honestly don't remember as good a boy in recent shounen that's as good as Gonpachiro Kentaro Yushiro Tanjiro.

Mob comes to mind, but that's about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mob and Tanjiro would be the strongest tag team in the history of the world

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My daughter started watching this show like two weeks ago and slowly made her way through the whole season. Her nickname for Inosuke? Porky Fist.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Pork Fist is a solid name.

Also death to Zenitsu :argh:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/dandelion0323/status/1172830798010929152?s=20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

amazing zenitsu ep this week

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
"Zenitsu is good" they said

"He's just anxious because he's in a stressful situation, anyone would react that way" they said

I mean he's amusing enough, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to cram him into a locker if I could

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 14, 2019

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I guess my brain has been worn down because when they really went completely, ridiculous all out over the top with his tantrum this episode it was actually pretty funny.

Also he's right, Jabami Yumeko's voice is incredible

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

those moshi moshs are something else

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Give me ara ara or give me death

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OnimaruXLR posted:

"Zenitsu is good" they said

"He's just anxious because he's in a stressful situation, anyone would react that way" they said

I mean he's amusing enough, but that doesn't mean that I wouldn't want to cram him into a locker if I could
If you don't want to stuff your loved ones into a locker when they're being Captain Silly-bollocks, then I don't know what to tell you. :v:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think the best thing about this episode that kinda gets missed is that the girls all like Tanjiro and are nice to him and tell him the secret to success because he's such a good boy. In the actual context of KnY's world, Tanjiro is 100% not a looker- even without his scar he's considered kinda homely/plain.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Off-model Inosuke was the highlight of this episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tanjirou goes through the series collecting younger siblings

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I really liked Kocho's character development this episode.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Mulderman posted:

Say that to my OST and not online and see what happens!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQIDpHdyW0

god this is so loving good

I liked this ep. Good development from Kocho. Horny Zenitsu is a lot funnier than Whining Zenitsu. I only wish we saw more Nezuko but I get that we're in a cooldown for the end of this run so it's time to develop some characters and get the prep in.

I'm so glad my friends at work kept bugging me about this show. It's way different than I expected, and now we talk about it every week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the butterfly house stuff in this series is always cute and good

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It's very weird to me that inosuke skipped out on training. That seems very unlike him, he's been all about showing off his strength. I guess continuously losing destroyed his spirit.

If it doesn't turn out he's been skipping the training to go headbutt trees in the forest or something, I'll be very disappointed in him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gnome7 posted:

It's very weird to me that inosuke skipped out on training. That seems very unlike him, he's been all about showing off his strength. I guess continuously losing destroyed his spirit.

If it doesn't turn out he's been skipping the training to go headbutt trees in the forest or something, I'll be very disappointed in him.

He's riding a deer in the Taisho's Secret panels clearly training his beast breathing.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Totally fine with horny zenitsu, please keep him like that until he faints/falls asleep.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

gnome7 posted:

He's weak.

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

gnome7 posted:

Inosuke is depressed! He’s having a hard time dealing with crushing defeat.
:(

How dare they hurt this precious boy! He’s stomped on girls too!!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Fabricated posted:

I think the best thing about this episode that kinda gets missed is that the girls all like Tanjiro and are nice to him and tell him the secret to success because he's such a good boy. In the actual context of KnY's world, Tanjiro is 100% not a looker- even without his scar he's considered kinda homely/plain.

Surely being ripped counts for something, although I guess that's probably true of everybody else in this series so he doesn't really stand out.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/hafurist/status/1173217174489632769?s=19

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Not such a good boy now are you, Tanjiro you filthy BOT!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mulderman posted:

Not such a good boy now are you, Tanjiro you filthy BOT!
He's a cat bot, tho'. And cats are cool. And good. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kimetsu no Yaiba's biggest strength (outside of animation) is interactions and comedy between its character and this episode was nothing like this, so there was pretty much nothing to complain about. Nice development for Shinobu here, who I'm finally beginning to like (Her "ara ara sayonara" was great). Depressed pig boy is nice change of pace too. Zenitsu being horny instead of terrified is change of pace as well, but calling it nice would be a bit too much. There must be some great pay-off and development of his character later, considering all the people loving him here, but as anime only watcher, right now he is roughly on the same level as Mineta from Hero Academia.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some people just like trash, and I'm one of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Man, that butterfly girl (Kanao?) looks like she's high like all the time. I'm actually kinda legit expecting the reveal to be that she's doped to the gills 24/7 and that's somehow related to her crazy strength. I hope we see more of her and she's as cool as Shinobu is.

Zenitsu is a seesaw that bounces between awesome and insufferable and only those two extremes.