Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I got into the fifa 20 beta without signing up for anything... It's like EA knew I was pulling away.

e- The beta I got into has kickoff and volta which is good because volta is the one new thing I'm interested in. I think other people got selected for FUT, career mode etc.
e2- Long beta as well, about 2 weeks

I've been disconnected, what's Volta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Guillermus posted:

fifa street/futsal/etc

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Guillermus posted:

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/fifa/fifa-20/volta

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oooh that's a thing I'd love to try. I still have Fifa Street on my 360 and is drat fun and miss that stuff from Fifa 98.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the only thing less fun than getting owned in futsal irl will be getting owned in video game futsal, and of course, that's my beta access

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
This thing must be running on like one server or something cause I was getting huge lag on the first day of the beta, basically unplayable

Hopefully it's better in a day or two

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I got access to FUT and Kickoff but I can play Futsal in kickoff mode. Is the actual Futsal mode an online option?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

RCarr posted:

I got access to FUT and Kickoff but I can play Futsal in kickoff mode. Is the actual Futsal mode an online option?

Yea and it kinda sucks .... I had some hope left EA could do something right

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Seltzer posted:

I'm gonna stand by my decision to pass on fifa. I played every year starting with 13. I said it when legends were first introduced that I didn't like the concept. I ruins the feel of the game, is out of place, and kills the fun of creative squad building. It got worse and worse as they added more and the legends became more overtuned. Added in with the unending glut of special cards they've been adding to the game and it's made the game less fun and the players feel less unique and special. I don't see the trend reversing on special cards and I don't see them removing legends ever.

Has anything major been announced gameplay wise? I've heard it feels like fifa 19 but slower which is incredibly damning. If they somehow release a quick free flowing game like 15 and 13 I could investigate but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyways I'm still looking for a competitive sports game to fill fifa's gap. It seems like everything is ran by really bad companies (2k and EA) or is extremely amateurish.

updated for this year

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Pretty good year in pro clubs:

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Dollas posted:

updated for this year

I'm 100% not buying the game at launch this year I might buy it at a 50% or more discount at the holidays but I've never fell off a fifa harder. Literally played a total of 5 games since Jan or Feb. Also the beta is not good. I wanted volta to be fun and feel really different. It doesn't. That was like the one thing I was interested in. I think I've played the beta 3 times for a total of an hour maybe.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Some guy on reddit did a write up about how many more 90+ rated players turned up year in year out since FUT 15. That explains how, even after not being that good and also making some awful trading decisions I ended up with this team to close the year out.

I think I'll play the last weekend league (or is it 2) and then take a break for at least a year or maybe jump in discounted halfway through.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

Some guy on reddit did a write up about how many more 90+ rated players turned up year in year out since FUT 15. That explains how, even after not being that good and also making some awful trading decisions I ended up with this team to close the year out.

I think I'll play the last weekend league (or is it 2) and then take a break for at least a year or maybe jump in discounted halfway through.

this last weekend was the last weekend league afaik

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
There's two more I think

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If anyone still cares about this game check your Ultimate Team. I just got a pack full of 10 game loan players. Got 99 Pele, 99 Ronaldo, 97 Mbappe, 97 Griezmann, 96 Kante, 96 Van Dijk, and 95 Havertz. I don’t know if everyone gets the same players or if they are randomized.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Pretty sure I got the same players. 99 Ronaldo is just outrageous.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
hey the typically meaningless demo for fifa 20 is out

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Tried it, seems pretty easy. Volta feels meh. 3vs3 with tiny street goals. Nothing exciting imo.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
i didnt actually check the difficulty but yeah i mean the game is a cakewalk unless you turn it up.

Nobody plays against the AI

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the AI is dogshit easy on everything below World Class, legendary is barely harder

Ultimate is a legit challenge

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm thinking of buying PES this year. Is there a thread in here about that?

EDIT: reading reddit, it seems like it plays way worse than the demo. Guess I'll just buy fifa next week and try not to touch FUT

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 14, 2019

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

shut up blegum posted:

Guess I'll just buy fifa next week and try not to touch FUT

everyone itt should do this

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Everyone should just not buy fifa

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Thread title

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
agreed but anyway I'm buying FIFA and also early access lmao

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
i've already preordered and i play this game like 700+ hours a year and my brain is broken

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

i've already preordered and i play this game like 700+ hours a year and my brain is broken

same

get the game on ps4 so you can play parmos with us

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I did, but ultimate team owns my idiot soul.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

oh, wtf come play with us on pro clubs jerk

how dare you be a decent player and not try to help something awful achieve pro clubs glory

dunno why I thought you were on xbox, just got you mixed up with Seltzer I guess

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

what's our pro clubs

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

you can do both, our fearless leader is making the spice flow in both realms

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

vivisectvnv posted:

you can do both, our fearless leader is making the spice flow in both realms

own is the leader i'm just the young gun played by jamie foxx

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Seltzer posted:

get out

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Im here to show you that you too can break free of EA

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The new game is probably at least a bit better than 19. And I played a shitton of 19 so...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I also pre-ordered the game lol
When does Parmos usually play? I remember playing some games years ago and it was fun, but now I have a family and apparently I can't game when I want anymore???

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

Not emptyquoting

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Lol, a local store is running this promotion:

If you buy the game, they make a FUT playercard with your picture. I'm actually tempted to do this :downsgun:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

shut up blegum posted:

I also pre-ordered the game lol
When does Parmos usually play? I remember playing some games years ago and it was fun, but now I have a family and apparently I can't game when I want anymore???

we play like nighttime US east coast time usually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I think I'm gonna get on the FIFA train again. A year away and I think I'm ready to grind endlessly for trash cards. Would be interested in pro clubs sure but I'm a Euro on Xbox and I don't think there are numbers for a good group again like in olden times.