Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Obviously Jerry Jr not going to follow the rules and no one will keep him accountable if they exist, but do the staff at Liberty U have the same draconian rules about dancing with the opposite sex and whatnot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There is a 100% chance that when Becki introduced the idea of a third in their relationship the conversation started with "honey, your penis is just too big for me" and he immediately texted his buddies/employees

THS
Sep 15, 2017

evangelical lutherans (elca) are pretty decent yeah. probably the least bad american protestants you will find

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So I guess this is what the Epstein pedo money funneled into MIT was used for

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Does anyone have good intro episodes to trillbillies? I tried listening to a few and they didnt land, but I think they might have just been slower episodes.

Ep 94 Mansion heck with Kate wagner was good

Ep 85 getting back to the heart of worship is especially good in the light of the chapo ep.

And whatever the more recent one was with the Skoal dental dam. That poo poo had me rolling.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I’m kind of ok with it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Universal stupid twitter gimmick shows for everyone

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

comingafteryouall posted:

A really funny plot twist would be Jerry Falwell getting forced out of liberty for clubbing then being hired to the ivy league because of his success increasing endowments
That would never happen. Even if the veneer of respectability isn't too important to the Ivy League, zillionaire philanthropists like Jeffrey Epstein don't want to be associated with the Falwells.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Disappointed the humor of this scene was cut out when Newman points out that no one cares.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ron Jeremy posted:

Ep 94 Mansion heck with Kate wagner was good

Ep 85 getting back to the heart of worship is especially good in the light of the chapo ep.

And whatever the more recent one was with the Skoal dental dam. That poo poo had me rolling.

That was ep 107: On the New with the Wonders, which is indeed hilarious.

Ep 105 is one of my favorites lately: it's about as fire-and-brimstone as they get in their analysis, and it's fantastic.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Lobe posted:

*jonny sun voice* pwease make sure to put my follobwer count on the flyerb

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJ_T7H2_qc

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
thinking about the time the dog rates account had to do a public apology for changing the name of a dog to something too white-sounding

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

watched it earlier and it was pretty good. a little confusing at some parts wrt where katie landed on some stuff she was saying, same with talibi.

But at about 40 minutes meneker states what is probably the single snipet that needs to be shared for whenever someone does one of those "i just listened to chapo and holy poo poo they are racist" takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJ_T7H2_qc&t=2199s

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

the live call of cthulhu show is up on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byUHsEpiT0g

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Stato-Masochist posted:

extremely excited

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

rapeface posted:

extremely excited

it’s got a live theremin performance!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Stato-Masochist posted:

:tipshat:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

KoRMaK posted:

watched it earlier and it was pretty good. a little confusing at some parts wrt where katie landed on some stuff she was saying, same with talibi.

But at about 40 minutes meneker states what is probably the single snipet that needs to be shared for whenever someone does one of those "i just listened to chapo and holy poo poo they are racist" takes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRJ_T7H2_qc&t=2199s

This is really good and makes me want to watch the whole thing. :tipshat:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I tried listening to that but jesus your woman's voice there is hard to listen to. Taibbi's isn't much better honestly. There's only so much vocal fry I can take.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

joedevola posted:

I tried listening to that but jesus your woman's voice there is hard to listen to. Taibbi's isn't much better honestly. There's only so much vocal fry I can take.

I'm gonna find the guy that created the term "vocal fry" and beat him to death

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gripweed posted:

Pull up pussy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joedevola posted:

taibbi rules but yeah his voice is extremely bad.

Gripweed posted:

we would just call it something else. it is a thing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

joedevola posted:

This is tropes

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Groovelord Neato posted:

we would just call it something else. it is a thing.

Yeah but like 1% of the people who currently care would still care if it weren't for people explaining what it is. There were a handful of online cranks complaining about women's voices and then some fuckin audio nerd was like, "It's called 'vocal fry', and it's more common than you think!" and suddenly there's a whole group of people who, after having been informed what to listen for, now complain about it

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Posting about vocal fry is the modern radio rowanda.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Vocal Fry is bad and quite frankly we don’t make fun of people for shoving it enough imo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gripweed posted:

Thaaaaaaaats praaaaxissssss

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Is vocal fry code for sounds like a woman?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

thotsky posted:

No but complaining about it is still annoying

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Maybe it's because I'm an ESL speaker but it doesn't bother me at all.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Grevling posted:

Maybe it's because I'm an ESL speaker but it doesn't bother me at all.

You probably don't suffer from crippling autism either.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

thotsky posted:

Yes. I vocal fry more than almost anyone I've ever met, but no one has ever said anything to me about it. Because I'm male and my voice sounds like Ben Stein had Vincent Price's baby.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

isn't vocal fry supposed to be the consequence of talking a lot and your vocal chords getting overworked
cause if it is, then taibbi and halper don't have it, that's just the way their voices sound

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Doctor Jeep posted:

isn't vocal fry supposed to be the consequence of talking a lot and your vocal chords getting overworked
cause if it is, then taibbi and halper don't have it, that's just the way their voices sound

what? no.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Doctor Jeep posted:

Vocal fry describes the pronunciation and elongation of vowels that is a result of a “loose glottal closure”.

It’s 110% made up bullshit used to disguise something else. The mechanism for identifying vocal fry in the 21st century is almost 1:1 similar to how everyone who was too online in 2007 self diagnosed themselves as having Asperger’s. For some particular reason that is wholly unexplainable, vocal fry is an epidemic affecting women I’d otherwise listen to, but I just cannot staaaaaaaand their voooooooiceeeeesssssssssss.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

felix has it pretty bad sometimes.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1173614742516244480

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

little munchkin posted:

thinking about the time the dog rates account had to do a public apology for changing the name of a dog to something too white-sounding

Your name is Toby!

*bark*

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would kill myself if I had to watch Meghan MY FATHER for a month

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

thotsky posted:

This. I used to roast my sisters about vocal fry and upspeak, but at this point I've come to accept that it's a larger cultural affectation and not a symbol of feminine weakness that I was dumb to have made fun of them for in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

no take-backsies