Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
I've been watching him since Comedy Central, and its pretty obvious that his guest list just keeps shrinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Michelle Wolf said it best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsWj7Q5iPus&t=106s

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

WaryWarren posted:

He also believes Russian bots and Facebook ads won the last election.
Why did you say this as if it wasn’t?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:crossarms:"Israel probably shouldn't run a State-sized ghetto..."
:argh:"WHAT ABOUT CHINA AND NORTH KOREA HUH CHECK MATE LIBS!!!1"
:hmmyes:"Ummm, Bari, we don't give China and North Korea $3.8B in military aid..."

I like how she brought up the Uighurs being persecuted in China and literally thought she was the only person who had heard of it.

She's both condescending and uninformed.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Ooh, Bari Weiss on again! 8th time or so for her! And, as always, she's lookin' like a snacc.

Specifically, a Twinkie.

Also: https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1173303399808417793

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Oh yeah, Bari Weiss is one hell of a stupid bitch, but MMM, you know she's gonna be a Fox News babe right up there with other chronic moron, "What did the KKK do?" Tomi Lahren! I mean, Bill is a Boomer fuckwad, but I think we can all agree when I say I know I'd claim to be liberal with a poo poo eating grin while talking right wing poppycock if it meant a chance to score with that rear end.

Me personally, I always imagine her as some nightmare take on Velma from Scooby Doo if the Mystery Gang was killed by a stereotypical white rich landowner who turned out to be an actual serial killer instead of loving around in a monster suit, and after he got off scot free, directed her powerlessness at the system's injustice into hatred towards brown foreigners.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Bari Weiss is such an intellectual heavyweight, she got manhandled by Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
At least Bill was honest during his Michael Moore interview when he said people turn into "conservative assholes" when they get older. The key word is "rear end in a top hat". Why didn't Moore jump all over that?

Also Maher knows better than to bring back Cornell West because he uses the word "apartheid" appropriately.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Moore is currently wavering on the edge of the abyss of desperation again, like his "Coach Obama" period, so I wasn't too surprised that he's on the desperate conciliatory tack with Maher---maybe if they actually follow through on the Hawaii thing, and we're not all thoroughly doomed by then, he stands a chance at knocking some amount of sense into the man.

West definitely needs to get back in there one way or another as this rotating cast of villainy, discount or otherwise, continues to grind the show down.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Gimmedaroot posted:

At least Bill was honest during his Michael Moore interview when he said people turn into "conservative assholes" when they get older. The key word is "rear end in a top hat". Why didn't Moore jump all over that?

Also Maher knows better than to bring back Cornell West because he uses the word "apartheid" appropriately.

This actually isn't true. There is movement to being more conservative when you get older is a myth. The hippies never voted for Reagan, it was the boomers who came slightly after them. Hell, we are even seeing this with younger Gen X who consistently vote Dem despite now being in their 40s.

The other thing to point out, is even if this is true... doesn't this give Moore even more support? The younger generation is screwed and will want to implement policies that it good for them (the struggling) and bad for the powerful.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

also the rich vote republican and they have a better shot at getting old.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

punk rebel ecks posted:

Bari Weiss is such an intellectual heavyweight, she got manhandled by Joe Rogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

"Smugnorent" is :discourse:

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Bari Weiss is a moron, but Jimmy Dore’s opinion of her shouldn’t matter at all because he’s somehow dumber.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

-Barack Obama

punk rebel ecks posted:

This actually isn't true. There is movement to being more conservative when you get older is a myth. The hippies never voted for Reagan, it was the boomers who came slightly after them. Hell, we are even seeing this with younger Gen X who consistently vote Dem despite now being in their 40s.

The other thing to point out, is even if this is true... doesn't this give Moore even more support? The younger generation is screwed and will want to implement policies that it good for them (the struggling) and bad for the powerful.

I'm aware of that, being one of the Gen X-ers. That's why I said the key word is "rear end in a top hat", not conservative. He's admitting to being one as he got older, its like he is encouraging young voters to not be like him. I just wish Moore had jumped on that point. Maher is thin skinned but I don't think he can afford to lose any more friends like Moore with his ever shrinking guest list.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bill and Andrew Sullivan definitely have some big scary skeletons in their closets, the way they carry on and apologize for other people's past lovely behavior so much.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Former Human posted:

Bill and Andrew Sullivan definitely have some big scary skeletons in their closets, the way they carry on and apologize for other people's past lovely behavior so much.

Maybe, but remember Maher has been railing against a perceived “Political Correctness run amok” for about 30 years now. It’s just his gimmick.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

andrew sullivan is a weirdo who thinks women can't be as sexual as men and bases this on how testosterone injections (he needed them after HIV treatment) made him ultra horny. he also thinks it explains societal inequality between men and women. sullivan is a gay man.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

andrew sullivan is a weirdo who thinks women can't be as sexual as men and bases this on how testosterone injections (he needed them after HIV treatment) made him ultra horny. he also thinks it explains societal inequality between men and women. sullivan is a gay man.

I once read somewhere that he described himself as a "South Park Republican" and I decided not to take him seriously.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahah poo poo i hadn't even seen the bit sullivan is a dumb rear end in a top hat.

also lmao

https://twitter.com/RealWayneRoot/status/1175600096118837249

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Sullivan also apparently believes a bunch of racist, Apartheid-era lies about families that are black so :barf:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Sullivan also apparently believes a bunch of racist, Apartheid-era lies about families that are black so :barf:

when he was the editor of the new republic he devoted an issue to the bell curve:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Sullivan, Stuart Varney, Jeremy Kyle, Milo, Piers Morgan...these British freaks always wash up here.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

when he was the editor of the new republic he devoted an issue to the bell curve:

You can read the whole thing here.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The answer to Bill asking "what were you doing at 17" is probably very different at the sex clubs Bill haunts.

Usually "I can't predict the future Mr Maher."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is the one on one interview with Michael Moore up anywhere?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

Is the one on one interview with Michael Moore up anywhere?

Here's most of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4GF74IwxcU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Left-panel dude is a goddamn idiot and he needs a swirly to undo that loving hairdo urgently.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Greta: you all have stolen my childhood and killed the planet for the fantasy of eternal economic growth :crossarms:

Left-Panel Swirly Guy: :actually: eternal economic growth is the best and will fix your dumb climate :smug:

Barney Frank: well, I'll be dead soon so SHUT UP WHO CARES!? :zombie:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

How the gently caress is Barney Frank still relevant?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Hey Barney Frank is bar none the best politician to ask when you want to hire gay prostitutes.

Former Human fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 28, 2019

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE

Why do I agree with this premise but am still pissed at Bill Maher?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Former Human posted:

Hey Barney Frank is bar none the best politician to ask when you want to hire gay prostitutes.

I hate that guy

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
I really love when these pundits pretend Bernie Sanders doesn’t exist. Or maybe they were instructed to because Barney Frank’s brain explodes when he hears that capitalism isn’t great.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

punk rebel ecks posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0q2ZR4nBuE

Why do I agree with this premise but am still pissed at Bill Maher?

Because even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I don’t watch Bill, or anyone else for that matter, because I agree with him all the time. He has interesting points of view, which I occasionally agree with, and even when I don’t it’s somewhat of a useful exercise to figure out why I disagree with them and how I would argue against them.

At the same time, you can still be pissed off at him because he’s “discovered” and presented this epiphany as if it’s some great and novel revelation, when in fact many Black and other minority commentators have been pointing out this exact thing both in the past, and extremely recently, in a far more eloquent fashion informed by personal experience. This article from yesterday morning (!) being one example that hits on very similar themes much more effectively:

https://twitter.com/ibjiyongi/status/1177612443503267843?s=21

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I feel so embarrassed that in college I often confused Barney Frank and Bernie Sanders since they were both outspoken Jewish leftists.

PT6A posted:

Because even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I don’t watch Bill, or anyone else for that matter, because I agree with him all the time. He has interesting points of view, which I occasionally agree with, and even when I don’t it’s somewhat of a useful exercise to figure out why I disagree with them and how I would argue against them.

At the same time, you can still be pissed off at him because he’s “discovered” and presented this epiphany as if it’s some great and novel revelation, when in fact many Black and other minority commentators have been pointing out this exact thing both in the past, and extremely recently, in a far more eloquent fashion informed by personal experience. This article from yesterday morning (!) being one example that hits on very similar themes much more effectively:

https://twitter.com/ibjiyongi/status/1177612443503267843?s=21

While it is an interesting article and there are good points, I usually dislike it when people list bullet points without expanding on examples.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

punk rebel ecks posted:

I feel so embarrassed that in college I often confused Barney Frank and Bernie Sanders since they were both outspoken Jewish leftists.

While it is an interesting article and there are good points, I usually dislike it when people list bullet points without expanding on examples.

To be fair, Barney Frank was cool for a few months when he called that woman a table.

But at this point he is so far up the DNC rear end, it’s amazing he can still breathe.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

PT6A posted:

Left-panel dude is a goddamn idiot and he needs a swirly to undo that loving hairdo urgently.

He is the most punchable person I've seen in a very long time.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I once went to a Bill Maher stand up special, with Barney Frank, on a party bus. Frank is a grumpy rear end in a top hat.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/SpittingBack/status/1177821561476116480

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I would vote for Howard Stern before Amy Klobuchar.