Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
So many of these vids are like 'oh, it's Russia'. The others are like 'oh, it's USA'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

here is a man attempting to burn an EU flag, but he cannot, because of EU regulations that stipulate such flags must be made of fire-retardant materials.

https://i.imgur.com/bocQwbP.mp4

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

SelenicMartian posted:

loving hell, don't leave a bus parked on a rail crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgK8K6rr5Pc

This seems like one of those times where it's ok for the bus to push a motherfucker out of the way. So many people sitting there like lemmings and just letting the poo poo happen.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

here is a man attempting to burn an EU flag, but he cannot, because of EU regulations that stipulate such flags must be made of fire-retardant materials.

https://i.imgur.com/bocQwbP.mp4

Is that so they can't be burned politically, or is it because of just general fire safety?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

KoRMaK posted:

Is that so they can't be burned politically, or is it because of just general fire safety?

probably both?

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
edit: wrong thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

KoRMaK posted:

People hang flags indoors as decorations all the time. Sometimes they use them as curtains.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/MichaelGalanin/status/1173460420805443584

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

Okay, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxP0zsbvzMc

(I don't think I'd want to hang out quite so close to the site of a potential car vs. bus collision)

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

Would have to be titanium pipes or plastic. Anything ferromagnetic near an 11.7T magnet is Not Advised. Even though the field outside the casing is relatively weak.

The magnets are also averse to vibration, random EMF sources, and anything large and ferrous (cars, trucks) moving nearby outside, as the probes are very sensitive, and maintaining a homogeneous static magnetic field is critical.

So you tend to have a clear space around them. Pipes would be wierd, and probably make the magnet vibrate unacceptably.

Hospitals generally aren't great about keeping their MRI quench systems clear because they get used so rarely and it costs a shitload to restart an MRI. Every now and then someone blows the roof off a building because there was a dead pidgeon stuck in the system.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

SelenicMartian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgK8K6rr5Pc
Jesus... driver dead, nine injured.

http://www.china.org.cn/world/2019-09/16/content_75209265.htm

Only other link I found was The Sun and well gently caress that sensationalist piece of rag...

gently caress. :smith:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Buttcoin purse posted:

Okay, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxP0zsbvzMc

(I don't think I'd want to hang out quite so close to the site of a potential car vs. bus collision)

Nobody sitting at the back of that bus bothered to even move out of the direct path of that train :wtc:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

This is different tho it's on a conveyor belt

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

shame on an IGA posted:

Oh gently caress, these dudes had gopro?

These guys have skipped the step of putting the shell in the fire first, which is making it much harder to chisel through the copper. Poor technique IMO.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Shut up Meg posted:

I find stories of stuff like this fascinating.

Please share lots more.

quote:

Manufacturers and the Department of Defense have claimed that the failure rate for each bomb is about 5%.[2] This would mean that of the 202 bomblets dropped, about 10 will not explode on impact. Landmine Action has claimed the failure rate of the BLU-97/Bs used in the Kosovo campaign was higher, between 7 and 8 percent.

One of the absolute fuckers of UXO clearance is cluster munitions. Take the BLU-97/B Combined Effects Bomb for example. About the size of a soda can and painted a jolly bright yellow the unexploded munition is attractive to children and adults alike. Why is this OSHA? Because these things kill de-miners indiscriminately. Why didn't it explode when it hit the ground? Who knows! What will make it detonate? Anything! A nudge with a foot, throwing it to your friend, the flatulence of a nearby termite, anything! It's been used all over the world, even in places it "hasn't".

About a month after I left the project an experienced de-miner was killed in Rwanda when one just went off as he was setting up. He wasn't touching it, just clearing the area around it.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Tough day at the sugar mines.

https://twitter.com/jonjones/status/1173420127473348611?s=20

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Those poor drat tires :smith:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Oh these are toys right... this is one of those toy vide... *man runs into frame* :stare:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Judging from all those cubes lying around the site, they are planning on loading dozens of cubes and have probably already loaded dozens. All without planning any way to make loading easier.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
It's like a nature documentary about not that bright but very cooperative ants :unsmith:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

VictualSquid posted:

Judging from all those cubes lying around the site, they are planning on loading dozens of cubes and have probably already loaded dozens. All without planning any way to make loading easier.

Or having adequate capacity trucks/machines... Watching the bucket get jammed back when the excavator pushes on the block makes the little hydraulic mechanic in my brain tingle. Nothing like driving hydraulic fluid back through the pressure relief valve while at full throttle on other functions.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
How would you fix that process? A giant gently caress all huge crane truck?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

1000 ton crawler crane that costs more than they'd ever want to spend with no guarantee of even being able to get it down into the site.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

They should just build whatever it is they're going to use the blocks for right at the mine.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is there a reason the blocks have to stay that big?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

Is there a reason the blocks have to stay that big?

Uneducated guess, but maybe it's granite and they need the pieces to remain as big as possible so they can charge $$$$ for huge custom pieces.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

They should just build whatever it is they're going to use the blocks for right at the mine.

Hey bud, how many Davids of marble yous want me to load on your truck?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Whoa whoa whoa, this is a Corinthian column quarry. Don't even think about asking for any of that Ionic garbage here!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I get that people don't want their above ground pools anymore, but why not drain it with a basic siphon? There's even a lower area to drain that (slowly) into, ffs. Why go at it with an axe?!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

DelphiAegis posted:

I get that people don't want their above ground pools anymore, but why not drain it with a basic siphon? There's even a lower area to drain that (slowly) into, ffs. Why go at it with an axe?!

That doesn't make a wicked sweet video for the gram

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Sagebrush posted:

They should just lower the road

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

No they should raise it so they can push it up a ramp right into the truck... They can't lower it because there is probably infrastructure under it.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

back to MRIs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih_mTjMrrb0

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

That's a CT x-ray machine.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

That's a CT x-ray machine.

Details, details

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's an important detail, especially if you're going to leave your screwdriver set that close

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

That's an important detail, especially if you're going to leave your screwdriver set that close

i was wondering if that was a titanium screwdriver set or something. I assume MRI technicians (mechanics?) have special tools.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

i was wondering if that was a titanium screwdriver set or something. I assume MRI technicians (mechanics?) have special tools.

You get a free set of titanium tools with your million dollar MRI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/mariano_rivera_relatives_die_in_his_electrified_pool/

quote:

The pool had been wired to discourage two pet Rottweilers from jumping in, the Daily News has learned.But 14-year-old Victor Dario Avila did not know that when he jumped in to cool off Saturday. His father, Victor Sr., 35, was killed when he leaped in to try to save his son, police said. “They didn’t know the pool was wired,” an investigator told The News. “The boy jumps in, and when his father saw him being electrocuted, he also jumps in.”

:stonk: