Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulip posted:

Gotcha. Is Vicious Spread worthwhile for this or should I just worry about reload/firerate/punchthrough?
I think Zoom makes sentinels acquire targets from farther away, too?

And I wonder if this means my Sweeper riven I got from before the energy generator mod was available is gonna be worth Money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
It was worth way more before Simaris offered sentinel rivens. I know projectile speed decreases damage drop off but I think that's of limited use if the max range they can target is 30m.

Malah
May 18, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Atlas neuroptics dropped 8 times in a row. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there another mission that drops the other parts or is RNG loving me raw?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you're just unlucky

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mesadoram posted:

RNG loving me raw?
that's what the RNG is for

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Joestar posted:

you're just unlucky

Zereth posted:

that's what the RNG is for

Well... gently caress

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Malah is clearly a luck vampire that has sucked you dry

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I mean all got all 3 Nyx parts in a single Phorid manifestation and I spent half an hour spamming 3 minute Hyena runs to get my Loki, it’s just luck.

I really don’t want to do this with Vor/Lech and Frost though ugh.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

laughs in nidus

Malah
May 18, 2015

Raptor1033 posted:

Malah is clearly a luck vampire that has sucked you dry
Fulmin, Imperator, Larkspur, an amazing Spectra roll and some other fun ones to dump kuva into - I'm on a loving roll. Remember to do your sorties, everyone! :smug:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tulip posted:

lol just put a 4th forma in the cube this AM rip me

loving welp. I just built metacube last week for the hell of it. I guess at least the prime is more MR.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I got all 3 Atlas parts in 3 Jordas runs. This luck was balanced out by the loving ordeal that was farming Nidus and Equinox.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
gently caress THE GLAST GAMBIT AND gently caress ERGO loving GLAST

"You have to almost lose, Tenno! Not almost win!"

THIS IS WHY I WENT WITH STEEL MERIDIAN YOU WALKING CAPITALIST ANAL PLUG

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its not his fault you're bad with money.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Screaming Idiot posted:

owned by space mitt romney

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its not his fault you're bad with money.

In this case it is! Just tell me where the Myconians are being held and let me shoot things! Or at least let me keep my money if I score eleven points instead of ten!

gently caress that's a bad quest.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nalesh posted:

Wiki is indeed right about this, going for +spread, multishot, fire rate, punchthrough and reload lets it wreck hard. I wish rivens could roll +spread too.

Personally I'd rank em like this:
Punchthrough(Easy enough to get on shotgun)
Multishot
Spread
Reload
Firerate

Remember that you don't have to bother with damage at all.

I just hope they'll let other sentinels use the decon though, being able to get both a statstick and energy would be heaven.

Unless I misunderstood the wiki, it is saying that +reload speed is useless on Sweeper Prime and simply doesn't do anything. Yet I could swear they actually do reload. I am very confused on this point.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 15, 2019

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

I actually ran this quest three times (once for myself, once for each of my friends (because I am apparently a masocist)), but every single time, on that specific mission, we ended up a few points behind due to having to sandbag, and I managed to come in with just enough points to win at the last 1-2 seconds.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
The trick to glast gambit solo is that apparently the AI is coded to protect you if you're carrying points instead of running around wherever, so you score 9 points or so, then pick up a few more and just spend the rest of the round hanging out by your goal playing keeper with the boys.

It's still absolutely the worst quest in the game and desperately in need of a rework.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
what was the enhergy 'cube combo again? I know I never got it because I missed some mod

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7ZNcdoR3Qc
G R O F I T W A V E

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Goa Tse-tung posted:

what was the enhergy 'cube combo again? I know I never got it because I missed some mod
Energy Generator, available from Simaris. It's just that mod + a sweeper modded to tag as many enemies as possible (+firerate, +spread etc).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Terry van Feleday posted:

Energy Generator, available from Simaris. It's just that mod + a sweeper modded to tag as many enemies as possible (+firerate, +spread etc).
punchthrough

Also I think reload speed also increases rater of fire? And Zoom slightly increases the range Energycube acquires targets at so you might as well put it on since you don't care about actual damage

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

The trick to glast gambit solo is that apparently the AI is coded to protect you if you're carrying points instead of running around wherever, so you score 9 points or so, then pick up a few more and just spend the rest of the round hanging out by your goal playing keeper with the boys.

It's still absolutely the worst quest in the game and desperately in need of a rework.

On the map that has the goals in little chambers at opposite ends of an indoor arena, supposedly you can use Atlas's augment to block off both doorways with rock walls so the opposition physically can't score.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

That's basically how i did it on my first solo attempt. Most of my gambit problems (i thankfully dodged to softlock where the doors in the invasion mission fail to open) actually were with the match where you're scripted to lose, somehow broke and i was forced to lose without advancing the quest state.

But yeah, they should rework them if only to drop the awful timed format and get the modern point-limit version, and drop the "under 10" headache in favor of some other gimmick.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Christ. I'll make 500 plat in half an hour on lint and spare primes I found in the couch cushions then go three weeks where every interaction is "I'll give you 5 plat for that maiming strike"

... I'm not even selling a maiming strike goddamnit

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 15, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Pipski posted:

On the map that has the goals in little chambers at opposite ends of an indoor arena, supposedly you can use Atlas's augment to block off both doorways with rock walls so the opposition physically can't score.

if you want to play goalie there are better options. i use khora when that nightwave comes up.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've tried that with Gara and Raptor always fucks me up. I ended up switching to Limbo for that Nightwave.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

hey what's a good weapon setup for profit taker?

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

Just tested in simulacrum, reload speed does work on sweeper prime. But sweeper prime carries 20 rounds, so it doesn't reload super often. I think Ammo Stock would serve better if pressed for space.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

hey what's a good weapon setup for profit taker?

Rubico, Rattleguts, Redeemer, Imperator

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Rubico, Rattleguts, Redeemer, Imperator

:same:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats actually exactly what i use too lol

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If you really want to optimize for that fight it's better to find stuff that has an innate element, so that you can squeeze more damage types into your loadout without sacrificing more mod slots.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Top 10 Photos Taken Moments Before Disaster

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
We've switched Kaiju Cage Match's goopolla bait with new Thumper Crystals! Let's see if they notice...

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I had a capture bounty earlier where we dropped the target before killing anyone else and right before we could capture him a thumper dived right on top of him and started blastimf away.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Nice caption too.

Raptor1033 posted:

Christ. I'll make 500 plat in half an hour on lint and spare primes I found in the couch cushions then go three weeks where every interaction is "I'll give you 5 plat for that maiming strike"

... I'm not even selling a maiming strike goddamnit

PS4 market has crashed pretty hard these last couple of weeks too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol damnit anora, I invited you to the PS4 clan!