Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

EthanSteele posted:

To be fair she's going to be 51 in November which is the minimum amount you can be in your fifties. Goku's voice actress is 83 in October! The anime voice industry is jacked up.

I thought I read 54, my bad. Still, 22 years she and the others have been playing Ash, Pikachu and TR nonstop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1173340742418407432

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
:laffo:

I had it spoiled from this twitter account of all things

https://twitter.com/SportsNation/status/1173260356141162497

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anime picks a lot of winners when it comes to cries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2t0hSt9kVU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's kind of cute how excited everyone is about this :3: good job Sun and Moon anime directors and writers, you made the right choice.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
basically every non-pokemon specific outlet i see mention ash winning is just flooded with comments saying they hate the new art style. normies are so god drat stupid.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"""new""" art style

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tbf ever since SM started airing you'd be seeing those comments on pokemon-specific articles and outlets as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Countblanc posted:

"""new""" art style

And to be honest Ash is the only one that actually looks noticeably different.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, the new cast looks great. Ash just has a weird face.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

turn your monitor on

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

turn your monitor on

did you get the TTG blu-ray that just came out

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Now I'm seeing the flood of people nervous and broken hearted Ash's journey "might" be over while I'm over here with my fingers crossed practically begging for them to let him finally rest.

dungeon cousin posted:

Some people not only see themselves as their player character but also as their starter.

Uh. :crossarms: Huh. Guess I've never really thought about it that way? So...the fact you have an option to have a mermaid as your starter is offensive...um..how again? Are they afraid they look gay or something?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

If Bewear was around Guzzlord wouldn't even be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUr_-IsGzk

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The end of the episode showed Bewear witnessing Guzzlord landing and then running faster toward the island

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Countblanc posted:

yeah my porygon-z helped me get it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

yeah my porygon-z helped me get it

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Flopsy posted:

Uh. :crossarms: Huh. Guess I've never really thought about it that way? So...the fact you have an option to have a mermaid as your starter is offensive...um..how again? Are they afraid they look gay or something?

Yes, they are.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

dungeon cousin posted:

Yes, they are.

Jesus that's depressing.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Flopsy posted:

I knew a dude who stayed like three hours trying to get a female Eevee because he thought having a male Sylveon was "weird".

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I remember when SM was released seeing a bunch of people being mad about male Primarina's not only being a thing but more common than female Primarina's, and it was very funny.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Primarina of all genders can be beautiful mermaids, and that’s wonderful.

(My big supernatural phase as a kid was mermaids so Primarina was made for me, personally.)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

bobjr posted:

If Bewear was around Guzzlord wouldn't even be an issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOUr_-IsGzk

The preview for the next episode touches on that a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0utMBOmv_w

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the gen 7 starters are some of my favorites, though i don't like brionne that much. popplio and incineroar are the real winners

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dartrix is probably my favourite mid-stage across all starters. It's very good.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just completed the National Pokedex in Blaze Black 2.

I'm glad there's no National Dex in Gen 8 because holy poo poo that was a slog.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pentaro posted:

I knew a dude who stayed like three hours trying to get a female Eevee because he thought having a male Sylveon was "weird".

His loss.

https://www.deviantart.com/luckysquid/art/Sylveon-Magician-Auction-CLOSED-449861961

https://www.deviantart.com/hellcorpceo/art/Skitty-and-Sylveon-411876543 (This one might not be considered safe for work. It's a pair of body builder dudes.)

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 17, 2019

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
was not expecting to come into this thread and see dudes in sylveon fursuits flaunting their huge bulges but here we are

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

was not expecting to come into this thread and see dudes in sylveon fursuits flaunting their huge bulges but here we are

You're very welcome. :)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Dartrix is probably my favourite mid-stage across all starters. It's very good.

Every stage of the Rowlett line is truly excellent.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Decidueye's kinda boring but the rest are very cool.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

“Teen Titans Go”? :confused:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The weird thing about the SM anime is that they're using a new animation style so it'd be easier to animate, but they then proceed to literally quarter-rear end 90% of the anime and the extra 10% goes to maybe half a dozen battles over the course of the series' run

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Literally the entirety of Anime is a case study in how to cut corners as much as possible and disguise it so people don't notice.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Literally the entirety of Anime is a case study in how to cut corners as much as possible and disguise it so people don't notice.

I mean it's not like American cartoons are immune to that either, like watch literally any Hanna-Barbera cartoon or old Disney movies where they regularly reuse animations and trace over older stuff

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But in American cartoons they don't try to hide it. Everyone knew Hanna Barbara cartoons looked like poo poo

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

But in American cartoons they don't try to hide it. Everyone knew Hanna Barbara cartoons looked like poo poo

Do you guys have fond memories of em? because I just recall thinking they were straight up garbage even as a child.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Flopsy posted:

Do you guys have fond memories of em? because I just recall thinking they were straight up garbage even as a child.

No. There's two reasons I watched them

1) It's a cartoon
2) It's on tv

What am I going to do, change the channel? Nickelodeon is Nick jr baby shows right now, Cartoon network... does not yet exist

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Also SM looks beautiful, just doesnt do battle sakuga that often.

Year 3 has been interesting. Pokemon usually tales 4-6 weeks off a year, but in the last year SM didnt take any weeks off. Animation has been more subdued but not missing a single week is a fair trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also SM looks beautiful, just doesnt do battle sakuga that often.

Year 3 has been interesting. Pokemon usually tales 4-6 weeks off a year, but in the last year SM didnt take any weeks off. Animation has been more subdued but not missing a single week is a fair trade.

Huh. I guess they did change its time slot; it must not be competing with baseball/One Piece specials now.

(That’s why the weeks taken off would normally happen.)