Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

MOTYC: Amazing Red vs. Will Ospreay Super J Cup 8/22

Red's still got it.

Very belated Nth to this match. Some spots were a bit off, but for a guy who is semi-retired and has had the serious injuries he had, he still is pretty loving Amazing, and Ospreay just always delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragon Gate's Korakuen Hall 9/11 show.

MOTYC: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Yokosuka Susumu vs. Yosuke Santa Maria

Maria's secret is that underneath her comedy gimmick she's actually a really good wrestler, and she has the ability to pretty much get any crowd cheering and chanting her name by the end of any serious match she is in.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Nth on MOTYC for Gage vs Effy and Red vs Ospreay

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
MOTYC: El Phantasmo Vs Dragon Lee - Super J Cup Final 25/08

Post-match poo poo side (which has been genuinely apologised for) I loved this match. It was brutal in ways that NJPW junior matches don't tend to be normally without sacrificing the character work that ELP is great at and the amazing wrestling of Lee. They were much better matched for each other than I thought they would be.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Post-match poo poo side (which has been genuinely apologised for) I loved this match.

Did they leave that in out of interest?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nope

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Kotaru Suzuki vs. Koji Iwamoto, AJPW Dream Power (3/19)
HM: Jonathan Gresham vs. Robbie Eagles, PWG Hand of Doom
HM: Chuck Taylor & Trent vs. Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz, PWG Hand of Doom

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Amazing Red vs Will "The Thrill" Ospreay (8/22 NJPW)
HM: Kento Miyahara vs Naoya Nomura (9/3 AJPW)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Will The Trill

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Amazing Red vs Will "The Thrill" Ospreay (8/22 NJPW)

Even with the delay, the result spoiled and the off-audio due to the post-commentary I have to agree. Nth.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Will The Trill

Will Ospreay can only do all of his flippydos because of a worm in his belly

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Myzteziz Jr., Hijo del Vikingo, & Murder Clown vs. Averno, Chessman, & Súper Fly, AAA on Twitch 1/26, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0_W4KiPr3Y&t=1110s
MOTYC: Joey Janela vs. Kris Statlander, Uncharted Territory 11 (6/12)
HM: Daniel Garcia vs. Kevin Blackwood, Uncharted Territory 17 (7/24)
HM: David Starr vs. Wheeler Yuta, Uncharted Territory 17 (7/24)
HM: Chris Dickinson vs. Timothy Thatcher, Uncharted Territory 17 (7/24)
HM: Joe Lider & Pagano vs. Cíclope & Miedo Extremo, AAA on Twitch 1/26, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WT3KRj88fw

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I have been meaning to check out Beyond for a while now, but there's so much wrestling and so little time. :negative:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think I’d used my Independent Wrestling sub at all until I tried to catch some Uncharted shows.They seem to be fun shows. I’m just catching the highlights where I can.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

frankenfreak posted:

I have been meaning to check out Beyond for a while now, but there's so much wrestling and so little time. :negative:

As someone who frequents Beyond in person, you should at least subscribe to their YouTube for the huge pile of free matches they put out.

Edit:

KungFu Grip posted:

MOTYC Chris Dickinson vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Beyond Americanrana 7/28

this match whipped rear end and they beat the hell out of each other.

5th (I think?) and a shady streaming video link. You can even play a fun game and try to identify me in the crowd somewhere.

Amp fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 14, 2019

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MOTYC - Will Ospreay vs SHO - NJPW Super J Cup Round 2

HM: Dragon Lee vs Caristico - NJPW Super J Cup Semifinal

HM: Will Ospreay vs El Phantasmo - NJPW Super J Cup Semifinal

MOTYC- El Phantasmo vs Dragon Lee - NJPW Super J cup final

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naoya Nomura for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW Summer Explosion (9/3)

Kento's second defence against Naoya of this reign and it was no less incredible than their first match. The finishing stretch was about as NJPW big match as Kento's reign has got and that might be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your perspective.

2nd. This rules. Even better than their first match.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
HM: Alex Coughlin vs Shota Umino - Young Lion Cup - Road to Destruction (9/15)

The progress these guys have made in such a short amount of time is staggering. Shota adds new pieces to his game every match and Coughlin is perfect in the role of cold-blooded gaijin killer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr for the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Destruction in Beppu - 9/15

We've seen this match before, it's always good and this was no different. They have great chemistry, they work great together and I'd happily watch them wrestle a bunch more.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Sep 16, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr for the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship - New Japan Destruction in Beppu - 9/19

We've seen this match before, it's always good and this was no different. They have great chemistry, they work great together and I'd happily watch them wrestle a bunch more.

2nd this.

It's almost expected they'll work well together.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Had to miss basically all of the Bloodsport show, noticed there are no recommendations. Not even HMs. Was it not very good? It had a ton last time.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I think it's half laziness, and half that the highs weren't as high as the first Bloodsport. Show was solid and a fun watch all around. Since you asked though:

HM: Anthony Carelli vs Simon Grimm - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport II 09/14

HM: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs "Filthy" Tom Lawler - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport II 09/14

HM: Chris Dickenson vs Josh Barnett - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport II 09/14

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

Had to miss basically all of the Bloodsport show, noticed there are no recommendations. Not even HMs. Was it not very good? It had a ton last time.

Came here to post this exact question, though I see that Lawlor vs. Smith is a recommended match on Cagematch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It's on the verge of just being terrible instead being of worst match of the year but here:

WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs Fire and Desire, WWE Clash of Champions 2019.

Holy loving poo poo this match was a painful slog. It got divas era bad at points, and the R-Truth 24/7 segment in the middle of the match didn't help matters either.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC: Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross vs Fire and Desire, WWE Clash of Champions 2019.

Was this actually their tag team name?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

Was this actually their tag team name?

Yes. That is the name of Sonya and Mandy's tag team.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

DarkstarIV posted:

Yes. That is the name of Sonya and Mandy's tag team.

Goddamnit WWE.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NuclearPotato posted:

HM: Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs "Filthy" Tom Lawler - Josh Barnett's Bloodsport II 09/14

2nd. I forgot to nominate anything after the show because I had other things to do.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

NuclearPotato posted:

I think it's half laziness, and half that the highs weren't as high as the first Bloodsport. Show was solid and a fun watch all around. Since you asked though:

2nd

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

NuclearPotato posted:

Seconded. Good summary. Smith/Lawlor was MOTN and the whole show was very watchable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just a reminder to those forgetting to PLEASE put the date of these matches in when you make your nominations. Thank you!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Let me dump some nominations I had typed up in notepad. First, something old:

HM: 04/04 | Super Sasandango Machine vs. Yuki Ueno in a No No Disqualification Match - DDT I Do Not Want To Admit That I Can Not Go To America
No, that's not a typo, this is a No No Disqualification match. SSM helpfully explains the rules with a neat PowerPoint™ presentation before the match. I didn't understand any of it, but the concept becomes understood quickly once the match is underway: instead of administering five counts for certain no-nos, the referee blows a whistle and adds a "strike" against the offending wrestler and once they're at five strikes, it's a DQ. So some basic things like a hair pull or going to the top turnbuckle are bad now. And of course both catch on quickly and try to game the system and cheat like motherfuckers. 10 entertaining minutes of comedy with a novel concept for which I think it's worth tracking this one down.

And the 5Star GP has finally hit its stride:

HM: 09/01 | Momo Watanabe vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 4
I'm starting to suspect that this Momo Watanabe gal might be good at putting on matches with a good dramatic arc and at making her opponents look really good. Hell, a week earlier she made a 12 year old rookie look like she could get a pin on her without making herself look weak. Of course Tam is a different caliber and holds her own here resulting in a fast-paced match with counters, dodges and near falls that had me on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole time.

MOTYC: 09/07 | Momo Watanabe vs. AZM - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 5
The leader of Queen's Quest takes on her protege AZM. At only 16, AZM has her brash, fearless character down pat, already has crisp technique and no doubt is headed for a great career. Momo is willing to help her look like a star in the making here, just reinforcing what I wrote above. The result is an absolute nailbiter of a match which should go down as the first really great match of AZM's career.

HM: 09/07 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 5
Two good friends not holding back anything. Excellent pace throughout, but could have used a couple more minutes.

HM: 09/08 | Kagetsu vs. Jungle Kyona - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 6
Both women are 2-2 going into this match, but Kagetsu has been looking shaky even in victory, especially against Jamie Hayter a day earlier. The trend seems to continue here at first, but Kagetsu fights tooth and nail to turn this into a close affair. In the end, the fact that someone has done her homework and studied tape makes the difference.

HM: 09/08 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Hazuki - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 6
Was a little bit torn about whether to include this, but I figured if I nominate Mayu/Tam this deserves a nom as well. Similar in the sense of being fast-paced and exciting. On the shorter side, but that's exactly where Hazuki shines and it doesn't actually feel too short.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s late enough that I’m gonna assume I missed all of today’s NJPW Destruction show. What’s worth catching when the VOD goes up?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Destruction 16/09

HM : Ibushi v KENTA

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 16, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Destruction 16/09

2nd this &

16/09
NJPW Destruction in Kagoshima
MOTYC: Birds of Prey v Bullet Club

I just thought it was about as good as a spotfest tag match can get really.

extradite THIS! posted:

It’s late enough that I’m gonna assume I missed all of today’s NJPW Destruction show. What’s worth catching when the VOD goes up?

It literally just ended and so yeah, watch the 2 opening Young Lions Cup matches & then check the final 2 matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Destruction 16/09

HM: Birds of Prey v ELP/Ishimori

Absolutely 2nded, great show tonight and while it wasn't an HM I did really enjoy Uemura vs. Connors too which was helped by the hot crowd.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Actually you have convinced me Forkboy

Destruction 16/09

MOTYC: Birds of Prey v ELP/Ishimori

I edited out the hm from my first post to make totaling it easier for Jerusalem (providing I beat him to recording the vote)

EDIT

I did not beat him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well now you've just made things more confusing!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Destruction 16/09

forkboy84 posted:

2nd this &

16/09
NJPW Destruction in Kagoshima
MOTYC: Birds of Prey v Bullet Club

I just thought it was about as good as a spotfest tag match can get really.

It literally just ended and so yeah, watch the 2 opening Young Lions Cup matches & then check the final 2 matches.

frankenfreak posted:

Let me dump some nominations I had typed up in notepad. First, something old:

HM: 04/04 | Super Sasandango Machine vs. Yuki Ueno in a No No Disqualification Match - DDT I Do Not Want To Admit That I Can Not Go To America
No, that's not a typo, this is a No No Disqualification match. SSM helpfully explains the rules with a neat PowerPoint™ presentation before the match. I didn't understand any of it, but the concept becomes understood quickly once the match is underway: instead of administering five counts for certain no-nos, the referee blows a whistle and adds a "strike" against the offending wrestler and once they're at five strikes, it's a DQ. So some basic things like a hair pull or going to the top turnbuckle are bad now. And of course both catch on quickly and try to game the system and cheat like motherfuckers. 10 entertaining minutes of comedy with a novel concept for which I think it's worth tracking this one down.

And the 5Star GP has finally hit its stride:

HM: 09/01 | Momo Watanabe vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 4
I'm starting to suspect that this Momo Watanabe gal might be good at putting on matches with a good dramatic arc and at making her opponents look really good. Hell, a week earlier she made a 12 year old rookie look like she could get a pin on her without making herself look weak. Of course Tam is a different caliber and holds her own here resulting in a fast-paced match with counters, dodges and near falls that had me on the edge of my seat pretty much the whole time.

MOTYC: 09/07 | Momo Watanabe vs. AZM - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 5
The leader of Queen's Quest takes on her protege AZM. At only 16, AZM has her brash, fearless character down pat, already has crisp technique and no doubt is headed for a great career. Momo is willing to help her look like a star in the making here, just reinforcing what I wrote above. The result is an absolute nailbiter of a match which should go down as the first really great match of AZM's career.

HM: 09/07 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Tam Nakano - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 5
Two good friends not holding back anything. Excellent pace throughout, but could have used a couple more minutes.

HM: 09/08 | Kagetsu vs. Jungle Kyona - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 6
Both women are 2-2 going into this match, but Kagetsu has been looking shaky even in victory, especially against Jamie Hayter a day earlier. The trend seems to continue here at first, but Kagetsu fights tooth and nail to turn this into a close affair. In the end, the fact that someone has done her homework and studied tape makes the difference.

HM: 09/08 | Mayu Iwatani vs. Hazuki - Stardom 5STAR Grand Prix 2019 Day 6
Was a little bit torn about whether to include this, but I figured if I nominate Mayu/Tam this deserves a nom as well. Similar in the sense of being fast-paced and exciting. On the shorter side, but that's exactly where Hazuki shines and it doesn't actually feel too short.

NuclearPotato posted:

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs LAX (9/15 AAA Invading New York)

You've gotta see this match. The Lucha Bros came in very over but by the end of the match the crowd as rabid for them as any act I've seen in recent years.