Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/14/business/lessig-epstein-ito-mit.html

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

TeenageArchipelago posted:

apparently the system that customs uses to check passports went down for a few hours the day after that picture of her got leaked, so it all had to be done manually.

What I'm saying is that she could have left(don't question the "why would they need to check passports when you are leaving the US" bit), and if I don't get a dozen different documentaries about what happened to her I'm going to be upset

In a scenario where someone with that level of control wanted to keep her alive they could presumably just put her on a plane they own and move her wherever they want without having to make her go through customs. It also raises the question of what use she is to anyone still alive at this point given that her entire function seems to have been networking with powerful people by trading in on her family connections. There are a million reasons to want her quiet and seemingly zero reasons to keep her alive.

By far the most simple, straight forward and plausible explanation right now is that she ended up just like her own father.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

Helsing posted:

This guy came dangerously close to having a journalistic hunch at one point during the article:

It's a good thing that he did what all good journalists do when confronted with a hard to explain situation involving the world's most important people... mention it in passing and then ignore it forever.

He might be afraid of becoming the next epstein to turn up "suicided."

Helsing posted:

In a scenario where someone with that level of control wanted to keep her alive they could presumably just put her on a plane they own and move her wherever they want without having to make her go through customs.

But that would show up on flight logs whereas one "Dana Burns" boarding a commercial flight is infinitely less noticeable. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, though, I agree that she's most likely dead.

If she was going to skip the country, get surgery and assume a fake identity to continue the trafficking in peace, she would have done it long before that article dropped.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Helsing posted:

In a scenario where someone with that level of control wanted to keep her alive they could presumably just put her on a plane they own and move her wherever they want without having to make her go through customs. It also raises the question of what use she is to anyone still alive at this point given that her entire function seems to have been networking with powerful people by trading in on her family connections. There are a million reasons to want her quiet and seemingly zero reasons to keep her alive.

By far the most simple, straight forward and plausible explanation right now is that she ended up just like her own father.

yeah but there is solid evidence that she was seen in at least 6 different countries, the people just haven't come forward to present said evidence yet

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

we agree the burger joint photographs were some kind of message to somebody tho, right? i mean the fact they photoshopped in movie posters to make them appear more contemporary and released them to the NYP which is murdoch and therefore spook, there is a message for *somebody* there.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Helsing posted:

This guy came dangerously close to having a journalistic hunch at one point during the article:

It's a good thing that he did what all good journalists do when confronted with a hard to explain situation involving the world's most important people... mention it in passing and then ignore it forever.

well what do you want him to do, anything else and he'll suddenly find that his car accelerates out of control into a telephone pole like that 1 guy the CIA killed in LA

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

we agree the burger joint photographs were some kind of message to somebody tho, right? i mean the fact they photoshopped in movie posters to make them appear more contemporary and released them to the NYP which is murdoch and therefore spook, there is a message for *somebody* there.

I think that at the very least the book she was allegedly reading was meant to send a similar message as the cup in the kevin spacey video. A "back off, or I'll dump cia secrets" kind of thing.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner was required reading?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

gh0stpinballa posted:

The movie's release date is the page number, line number and word count in that edition of the book she's reading. Those words are the private key to decrypt the secret message steganographically hidden in the image itself.

Oct 28, 2003

Fiend posted:

Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner was required reading?

it's got to be so loving hard to write for the onion

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

gh0stpinballa posted:

It's meant to be a false lead. The fact they photoshopped in an ad for a movie about kids getting horny is what gives it away.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

wow I didn't know Epstein posted in GBS

https://twitter.com/mooncult/status/1166900542867591168?s=20

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol lawrence lessig

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

(don't question the "why would they need to check passports when you are leaving the US" bit)

when you are using a passport from a country that isn't the US

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

ghislaine is dead
if she even existed in the first place.

apparently the system that customs uses to check passports went down for a few hours the day after that picture of her got leaked, so it all had to be done manually.

What I'm saying is that she could have left(don't question the "why would they need to check passports when you are leaving the US" bit), and if I don't get a dozen different documentaries about what happened to her I'm going to be upset
Wasn't that picture conclusively fake?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

138 posted:

it's got to be so loving hard to write for the onion

the onion is far more honest than the new york times

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

GWBBQ posted:

if she even existed in the first place.

Wasn't that picture conclusively fake?

yes but it was disseminated in a way that everyone believed was from GW or associates (and therefore probably was), despite being a relatively obvious fake as such -- which means it is an obvious message.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/k1llurboss/status/1167909555046498304?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
https://twitter.com/0ddette/status/1173261637626859522?s=19

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

ah poo poo they found out the low-multipole oddity in the CMB

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/swamp_land/status/1173371257644937216?s=19

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/NoahShachtman/status/1173388953006870529?s=19

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

crazy cloud posted:

well what do you want him to do, anything else and he'll suddenly find that his car accelerates out of control into a telephone pole like that 1 guy the CIA killed in LA

RIP paul walker

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/maenads_dance/status/1173360705334067200

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

lol lawrence lessig

Something about Lawrence Lessig is just incredibly pathetic; like he's some hyper-exaggerated version of the worst ideas and impulses associated with "academic liberalism."

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010

the bilateral commission

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
any comprehensive writeups of the whole saga?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the grand unifying theory i have now is so wild compared to what i thought 7 weeks ago, back when i figured he was just a rich sleaze whose money bought him immunity, lmao i'm fully black pilled and tinfoiled, practically levitating in fact

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Willem Defoe?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

oh no all my favs one by one :ohdear:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1hyY7qoP4o

this is the video of the human sacrifice at CERN if anyone hasn't seen it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Reality Sinner posted:

Willem Defoe?

No it's clearly eddie van halen

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

RaySmuckles posted:

any comprehensive writeups of the whole saga?
People were recommending Whitney Webb's series on Mint Press News, but I got a conspiracy theory vibe from her and looking at her author page, she's back to 9/11 conspiracy theories.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GWBBQ posted:

People were recommending Whitney Webb's series on Mint Press News, but I got a conspiracy theory vibe from her and looking at her author page, she's back to 9/11 conspiracy theories.

lol what the gently caress is this. It's not a conspiracy ""theory"" if it's real

google 9/11 put options

Serf
May 5, 2011

GWBBQ posted:

nothing she says is outrageous, its pretty much the most sober recounting of the facts that you'll find, while being willing to take in all the information

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the CIA running a child rape blackmail ring, that's fine

but insider training on advanced knowledge of 9/11? now you've gone too far sir

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Serf posted:

nothing she says is outrageous, its pretty much the most sober recounting of the facts that you'll find, while being willing to take in all the information

Her twitter @_whitneywebb owns

Serf
May 5, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Her twitter @_whitneywebb owns

her latest tweet seems to be her buying the corn pop story, you hate to see it

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1173342875691692032

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the fact that Corn Pop may have literally existed still makes it an incredibly patronizing story to tell a crowd of African-Americans