Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

instead of that other guy who wanted an invite weeks ago?

e: oh i see, he was saying ps4 market too like you werent on ps4. not sure why i jumped to that other thing.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm not gonna invite that other dude,he's much better off in the Oceania clan. We barely talk as is and there won't be anyone on during his peak hours. I also revoked that outstanding invite for whomever it was, it was taking up a slot.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

Lol damnit anora, I invited you to the PS4 clan!

I know, I was just saying not only are the markets kinda weird, but the prices have dropped. Trash Rivens used to go for 20p now they're going for 5.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

In this case it is! Just tell me where the Myconians are being held and let me shoot things! Or at least let me keep my money if I score eleven points instead of ten!

gently caress that's a bad quest.

It's probably becomes harder the more MR you have and forma you've burned. In that sense, it's an interesting quest.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

gaj70 posted:

It's probably becomes harder the more MR you have and forma you've burned. In that sense, it's an interesting quest.

Yeah. Like, the last time I did it I had over a hundred points orbiting me that I couldn't turn in because NEF ANYO IS A COWARD AND ERGO GLAST IS A loving DUMBASS.

On another note, I bought the Corpra skin for Nova because holy god her normal skin is hideous and bland.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the corpra and graxx skins are really good. i also have a particular soft spot for lukinu's skins and, again, it's homophobia against me specifically that de didn't add wisp's lukinu skin with this last tennogen batch.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I watched a video about the Daikyu getting buffed, and that reminded me that Amalgam Daikyu target acquired exists, as well as it's 3% lifesteal for Nikanas. For a few minutes I was very excited. At least right up until I realized that it doesn't apply to Zaws, so it doesn't apply to my BloodRush/Weeping Wounds/Condition Overload Sepfahn godkiller zaw :(, which, at a 2x combo multiplier, never hits for less than 40k damage. (old pic, I swapped out Organ Shatter for Gladiator Might, for that extra crit boost x combo multiplier chance)

So, I wondered if any of the actual Nikanas I had could replicate a hybrid zaw and turns out that there's only one option. Right now, I've only got a Dragon Nikana and Skiajati which are... garbage for that specific build. Skiajati's Umbral slots mean I can't build for hybrid, since every single slot is necessary, as well as a Riven that can pull double duty. My sepfahn Riven lets me replace pressure point and give an additional heat proc to help Condition Overload. Dragon Nikana's crit and stat are both at 15%, which is too low compared to a zaw, which can balance 20% each.

So, the only Nikana that can replicate the crit/stat chance is the Nikana Prime, which, when I compare the stats, actually seems like it's very competitive with my current Sepfahn Zaw.

Nikana Prime
  • 1.08 aspd
  • 20/20 base crit/stat chance
  • 95 total damage (85.5 slash / 4.75 Impact / 4.75 puncture)
  • 1/5 Riven dispo

Sepfahn/Peye/Ruhang II Zaw
  • 0.867 aspd
  • 96 total damage (62 slash / 9.6 Impact / 24 puncture)
  • ??? Riven Dispo (must pretty good, though?)

So, NP attacks faster, but the Zaw has a better Riven Disposition.

I plan to replicate the mod setup exactly the same as the Zaw, but exactly how that shakes out will depend on the Riven, which, at a 1/5 disposition, kind of sucks. I'll snag a cheap unrolled one off the market and give it a few rolls before I invest anything else into this whole project, but, if this actually works, I'll have a melee weapon that renders whatever frame holds it and a daikyu effectively immortal.

...unless they fixed it and the lifesteal actually DOES apply to Zaw Nikanas, in which case, ignore everything I just wrote. It's kind of unclear, and I need to do more testing to figure it out. I'm not even sure if 3% lifesteal means 3% of the big-rear end number when you attack, or 3% of the enemy's HP even if your attack exceeds that.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 16, 2019

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

they fixed it recently yeah

it's 3% of the damage you do so you'd probably be fully healing yourself every hit if your numbers are that high

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 16, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that all said, the nikana prime is absolutely a good melee weapon that won't steer you wrong

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Berke Negri posted:

they fixed it recently yeah

it's 3% of the damage you do so you'd probably be fully healing yourself every hit if your numbers are that high

Well, poo poo! That's pretty awesome. Just need to drop my Daikyu onto my excalibur, set it so invisible when holstered, and enjoy immortality. Plus, I'm running a Furious Javelin build so I can boost the damage output even higher.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

McKilligan posted:

I watched a video about the Daikyu getting buffed, and that reminded me that Amalgam Daikyu target acquired exists, as well as it's 3% lifesteal for Nikanas. For a few minutes I was very excited. At least right up until I realized that it doesn't apply to Zaws, so it doesn't apply to my BloodRush/Weeping Wounds/Condition Overload Sepfahn godkiller zaw :(, which, at a 2x combo multiplier, never hits for less than 40k damage. (old pic, I swapped out Organ Shatter for Gladiator Might, for that extra crit boost x combo multiplier chance)

So, I wondered if any of the actual Nikanas I had could replicate a hybrid zaw and turns out that there's only one option. Right now, I've only got a Dragon Nikana and Skiajati which are... garbage for that specific build. Skiajati's Umbral slots mean I can't build for hybrid, since every single slot is necessary, as well as a Riven that can pull double duty. My sepfahn Riven lets me replace pressure point and give an additional heat proc to help Condition Overload. Dragon Nikana's crit and stat are both at 15%, which is too low compared to a zaw, which can balance 20% each.

So, the only Nikana that can replicate the crit/stat chance is the Nikana Prime, which, when I compare the stats, actually seems like it's very competitive with my current Sepfahn Zaw.

Nikana Prime
  • 1.08 aspd
  • 95 total damage (85.5 slash / 4.75 Impact / 4.75 puncture)
  • 1/5 Riven dispo

Sepfahn/Peye/Ruhang II Zaw
  • 0.867 aspd
  • 96 total damage (62 slash / 9.6 Impact / 24 puncture)
  • ??? Riven Dispo (must pretty good, though?)

So, NP attacks faster, but the Zaw has a better Riven Disposition.

I plan to replicate the mod setup exactly the same as the Zaw, but exactly how that shakes out will depend on the Riven, which, at a 1/5 disposition, kind of sucks. I'll snag a cheap unrolled one off the market and give it a few rolls before I invest anything else into this whole project, but, if this actually works, I'll have a melee weapon that renders whatever frame holds it and a daikyu effectively immortal.

...unless they fixed it and the lifesteal actually DOES apply to Zaw Nikanas, in which case, ignore everything I just wrote. It's kind of unclear, and I need to do more testing to figure it out. I'm not even sure if 3% lifesteal means 3% of the big-rear end number when you attack, or 3% of the enemy's HP even if your attack exceeds that.

I like to imagine DE Steve reading a post like this, sitting back with a satisfied smile on his face and relaxing knowing his idea for a mod system has (in unintended yet unprecedented) ways, paid way, way off.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Mod didn't result in massive use of ballistica, still not successful enough

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nikana Prime is my melee weapon of choice

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Two questions:

What is the etiquette for Hydron/Helene xp farming? Do you need to pull your own weight, or can you turn up with a single unranked weapon and a single damage mod?

Secondly, I've just completed Second Dream quest. Does anyone have an explainer for the Tenno schools and how to power them up with Focus?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Phobophilia posted:

Two questions:

What is the etiquette for Hydron/Helene xp farming? Do you need to pull your own weight, or can you turn up with a single unranked weapon and a single damage mod?

Secondly, I've just completed Second Dream quest. Does anyone have an explainer for the Tenno schools and how to power them up with Focus?

I'm tired rn but the tldr on focus is: put a zenurik lens in a killframe like saryn and then max out the energy dash and orb pickup asap; once you get those decent you'll be ready to do more

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

SSNeoman posted:

Nikana Prime is my melee weapon of choice

I forgot - the most important advantage it has over a zaw is that you can apply skins to it, which will be extremely important when Excalibur Deluxe comes out. So, really, I'm considering spending 60 plat for the set, 80-100ish plat for a Riven, another 30p for a booster and several hours at least of kuva farming, and 3-4 forma just to have the prettiest sword

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 16, 2019

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Phobophilia posted:

in a pub group you take your chances, in one organized in clanchat just make sure someone's willing to carry. that stuff gets hashed out before you launch usually.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Phobophilia posted:

Unless you're in a goon group explicitly there to carry, always bring something useful. Like Nova, or Mesa, or Volt, or a good weapon in addition to your bad weapon. Few if any will ever call you out for doing ~bad deeps~ but it's good to at least put in a token effort. Make sure you have corpro.

quote:

Pick Zenurik, finish the followup The War Within asap.

Next, max energy dash and the starting point for the best energy returns. A normal zenurik lense from Cetus bounties and a lot of time with a single frame/weapon will eventually get you there. From there, you want to go to each of the trees and unlock the waybounds. How you do that is generally split between three ways.

Route A is to get a map-wide killframe (Saryn, Volt, Equinox) and slap an eidolon lense on it. Then get a stupid powerful melee weapon, which probably means a zaw, and slap an eidolon lense in that. Then get the initial node in Naramon (bonus weapon affinity) maxed. Go do ESO and cap your focus every day, swapping to a different killframe and weapon with different lenses when you max out a tree. This is the very slow way.

Route B is to do tridolons, which means you need a sniper rifle modded for max radiation and a decent amp. Amps are gained by grinding Quills and Vox Solaris faction, which requires you grind out Cetus/Fortuna faction to begin with. The payoff for all that faction is you can run at least two tridolons a night (totally pubbing it - preforms are better) and the focus just gushes in and you get sweet arcanes. This is the fast way.

Route C is to ignore it all. Whale for arcanes. Cry bitter tears when Duviri is released and has a bunch of spoiler-mode-focused stuff.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Phobophilia posted:

In my experience as long as you aren't:
* Constantly getting downed, or
* Literally just AFKing
then no one gives a poo poo on Hydron. I did a lot of Hydron for a while and even the people who got downed a couple times and had like 2% damage never got yelled at or anything. People typically go for 10 waves on Hydron and that's easy even with bad guns.

(Note that if Nightwave adds a boss assassin you will want to never be without at least one good gun (or a high-damage ability), at least if it's remotely as difficult as Wolf was)

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 16, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mailer posted:

Route A is to get a map-wide killframe (Saryn, Volt, Equinox) and slap an eidolon lense on it.
or Lua Lens now.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Phobophilia posted:

Two questions:

Join the discord and ask these same questions and you will have vets falling over each other to explain everything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
One million meters on a K-Drive is a lot longer than I had thought. :saddowns:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I have a Dragon Nikana riven and I'm fairly sure that thing is my most used melee weapon at this point. It's a drat good slashy stat stick for folks that want that.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

prefect posted:

This achievement took a lot of caffeine and a big audiobook.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1173650403809996801

God drat Polygon, couldn't think of a better way to phrase that?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I haven't had a positive opinion of Polygon for quite some time, so this is well within their lovely wheelhouse

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Raptor1033 posted:

I haven't had a positive opinion of Polygon for quite some time, so this is well within their lovely wheelhouse

I'm assuming this doesn't include their video content because that is just pure gold

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

For whoever was asking about the jackass Hallowed Eruption oberon prime build earlier, here you go! It's really quite straightforward, honestly. Range maxed is an absolute must - for DE reasons, a [30] Oberon will only cover 215 degrees per cast and you need that 250 range to increase the radial coverage to 360 degrees. Then strength is nice, although I'm wondering if duration might be preferable if you don't have Umbral Intensify available.

Using it couldn't be simpler - just pop in and start pressing 2. It works best in defense/mobdef missions (particularly Helene/Hydron because it can cover practically the whole stage) but I use it for most stage types, including Exterminate, because its range is just so huge. Jump into a room, cast 2 in the middle (it helps that Oberon does a melee slam-style cast for his 2), and then 2 again to explode the ferns. Everything will be dead by the time the Saryns and Volts finish casting. It even works well in sorties/ESO and you can keep the carpet up for more armor and just shoot things if you want.

Anyway, it's good and fun.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

Counterpoint: Cass is very funny

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Anyone care to share their favorite Eternal War Valkyr build that doesn’t use Adaptation? I enjoyed the melee focused style with regular Valkyr and just finished farming the prime parts. Still no luck with Adaptation yet, though.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Mr. Met posted:

Anyone care to share their favorite Eternal War Valkyr build that doesn’t use Adaptation? I enjoyed the melee focused style with regular Valkyr and just finished farming the prime parts. Still no luck with Adaptation yet, though.

this is what ive used since basically forever and wouldnt you know it its been awhile since i played valkyr much so i havent updated it to include adaptation yet. keep in mind that while youre going to be very tough you will probably need some kind of healing or life steal to do very high level content. her 4 works in a pinch but i really hate the cast time on it so i recommend life strike, healing return, that one furis mod, daikyu amalgam target acquired, or something like that

duration with eternal war is a to taste thing, whatever you feel comfortable with to where you're not worried about warcry falling off. strength is the most important stat since the extra attack speed and armor from warcry both scale with it.

also since the idea is to cast warcry once and then forget about it basically forever blind rage would probably be totally fine. i really should update this build sometime

SpruceZeus fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 16, 2019

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

SpruceZeus posted:

this is what ive used since basically forever and wouldnt you know it its been awhile since i played valkyr much so i havent updated it to include adaptation yet. keep in mind that while youre going to be very tough you will probably need some kind of healing or life steal to do very high level content. her 4 works in a pinch but i really hate the cast time on it so i recommend life strike, healing return, that one furis mod, daikyu amalgam target acquired, or something like that

duration with eternal war is a to taste thing, whatever you feel comfortable with to where you're not worried about warcry falling off. strength is the most important stat since the extra attack speed and armor from warcry both scale with it.

also since the idea is to cast warcry once and then forget about it basically forever blind rage would probably be totally fine. i really should update this build sometime

Thanks! I have a Dragon Nikana riven that I was gonna roll to try a new Gara statstick - maybe if I can get that Amalgam mod I can use the Dragon Nikana on Valkyr as well. Always chasing something in this game...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
your armor is so high a Medi Ray on your Gladiator Set Helios is plenty imo

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

prefect posted:

Find a nice, quiet spot over the ocean in the Plains, hook up a gamepad and a few rubberbands and tape. Do doughnuts forever while you do something else.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anora posted:

Dolly dressup is 90% of warframe you heathen

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

out of literally everything i don't know why calling it dolly dressup would be a point of contention for some people to talk about how much they hate polygon

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

Goa Tse-tung posted:

your armor is so high a Medi Ray on your Gladiator Set Helios is plenty imo

I've never found Medi-Ray to be quite good enough on its own myself but I don't ever use Helios so I'm not really familiar with the tech you're talking about. Mind filling me in?

e: reworked my build for more strength and range (so it's easier to buff my allies now as well!) but i'm still not actually sure what i'd remove to fit Adaptation in here!

SpruceZeus fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 16, 2019

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh Dad, they're not dolls they're articula :colbert:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Warframes are obviously muppets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

my weapon of choice with valkyr has historically been a heavy blade (usually Galatine Prime) with Healing Return worked into the build but it turns out I have a copy of that amalgam mod for the Daikyu lying around from when I farmed Wisp so I'm going to try Nikana Prime and see how it goes. I think I will probably miss the reach that heavy blades have though.

e: heavy blades are so slow that usually you want both fury and berserker in the build for the smoothest experience and optimal DPS but the ridiculous amounts of bonus attack speed from warcry make it entirely reasonable to swap out fury or primed fury for healing return, in my experience

SpruceZeus fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 16, 2019