Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
City!Annie has some anger to work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

First time I can think of, aside from Eglamore's [SILLY] mouth.

I really love this scene, for a lot of reasons.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I really like [HURT HIM A LOT]

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Annie going Super Saiyan again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Reynard can breath fire now. :)

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

You know when you're asleep and you wake up but you're still asleep...?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

You know when you're asleep and you wake up but you're still asleep...?

Yeah I'm kinda wondering about our new friend no one recognises.

Though that could be what the Wisps/Tom wants us to do :tinfoil:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The real wisps were the friends we made along the way!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
With the level of control over cognition wisps have demonstrated, you'd think they could incept the idea that "oh yeah that's my green elf pal Leafy, we go way back," a notion that only lasts as long as no one tries to tease out any specific memories (or something).

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

Reynard can breath fire now. :)

Makes sense, he's a familiar, now.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Everything they're seeing was a wisp illusion is a wisp illusion is a wasp illusion is Coyote.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oh yeah? What are you going to do? Release Reynardine? or the fire? Or Reynardine with fire in his mouth and when he barks he shoots fire at you?

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Impossible, Coyote is dead forever

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

GunnerJ posted:

With the level of control over cognition wisps have demonstrated, you'd think they could incept the idea that "oh yeah that's my green elf pal Leafy, we go way back," a notion that only lasts as long as no one tries to tease out any specific memories (or something).

there was a rick and morty episode about this

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Potato Salad posted:

Everything they're seeing was a wisp illusion is a wisp illusion is a wasp illusion is Coyote.

And their legs get stuck in your teeth!

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

dragon enthusiast posted:

there was a rick and morty episode about this

The trick there was way more interesting, though.

All I'm saying is that if green girl is a wisp or whatever, this is sloppy as poo poo that no one remembers her.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That buff black-haired dude is a wisp.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Kennel posted:

That buff black-haired dude is a wisp.

But Smitty isn't that buff?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Samuringa posted:

"Oh yeah? What are you going to do? Release Reynardine? or the fire? Or Reynardine with fire in his mouth and when he barks he shoots fire at you?"

-Man shot by fire barks

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jimmy Jims, don't question the random green monk who is joining you in beating the crap out of the wasps.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 213 days!
Oh, that girl? She's Eglamore.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hodgepodge posted:

Oh, that girl? She's Eglamore.

Feglamore

Stands for both Forest Eglamore and Female Eglamore, that timeline was wildly different.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It turns out they've all been held in stasis for the last 20 years, and that's the daughter of this timeline's Annie who stayed in the forest and had a baby with that Elven crush of hers.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Ah, another time skip. Sorry Annie and Anniie, Annthree is upon us

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

It turns out they've all been held in stasis for the last 20 years, and that's the daughter of this timeline's Annie who stayed in the forest and had a baby with that Elven crush of hers.

That elven crush of hers was very taken

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

That elven crush of hers was very taken

His girlfriend turned out to be quite flammable.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

GunnerJ posted:

From what we've seen so far I think wisps just can fool all the senses, not anything deeper like memory like Aliyu can.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

She's still Blue to me :colbert:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Rey is eating fire that Annie has carelessly spread around. He's very safety conscious.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Begemot posted:

Feglamore

Stands for both Forest Eglamore and Female Eglamore, that timeline was wildly different.

Fey Glamor

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

There Bias Two posted:

She does look awfully reminiscent of Forest-dwelling era Annie, especially in the bottom left panel.

(Why else abruptly introduce a new character at this stage of the comic?)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
CHOMP! They taste good!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly there are two things that can happen if you eat an animal with a shiny prismatic color scheme: Either it's the most delicious delicacy ever, oooooor you die instantly because it was poisonous. It was a bold risk and Idra has earned my respect.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Considering what they're trying to do here and such, a prediction: Idra will turn out to be a Loup once they find the items.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Three wisps in a suit

But yeah she's just out hunting https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1252

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Those wisps are reminding me of crab legs and now I'm really hungry.

Not gonna lie, get me some lemon and butter and I'd absolutely eat a giant magical bug.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Those wisps are reminding me of crab legs and now I'm really hungry.

Not gonna lie, get me some lemon and butter and I'd absolutely eat a giant magical bug.
I don't like the idea of eating bugs because the idea of eating a whole animal weirds me out. If they were giant sized I'd eat garlic cricket legs all day every day

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Crustaceans are closer relatives of insects than spiders are, so crabs, lobsters etc pretty much are giant bugs.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
I've said this before and I'll say it again: notice how Idra isn't eating the shell. That's the main difference between eating shellfish and bugs. As for softshell crabs, those are beyond science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tenebrais posted:

Crustaceans are closer relatives of insects than spiders are, so crabs, lobsters etc pretty much are giant bugs.
Yeah exactly. Basically crab legs your can economically farm on land is the insect protein future I crave