Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

ok bitch, how about one week hiatus starting today?

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lodin posted:

Just look at this scrub of a translator, look at him and laugh. Nobody calls the second match in a fighting game level two.

:blastu: :blastu: :blastu:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Not even a day out of the slammer and NEET is assaulting people on the street.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Is that a flip phone? drat, Tohru went to jail in like 1992. He clearly forgot how ridiculously, unfairly, input-readingly hard the arcade version of Street Fighter 2 was in 1991.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Android Blues posted:

Is that a flip phone? drat, Tohru went to jail in like 1992. He clearly forgot how ridiculously, unfairly, input-readingly hard the arcade version of Street Fighter 2 was in 1991.

Nah, Japan stayed on the flip phone train longer than most people. I believe they are still quite popular over there.

E: not necessarily quite popular but still much more so. Looks like 20% of NEW phones sold in 2015 were flip phones which seems high

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

tohru was just commenting on all the couples, he's about to get very scammed by this lady

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:killing:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Oh, man, how do I feel bad for Tohru now? This is totally unfair.

projecthalaxy posted:

Nah, Japan stayed on the flip phone train longer than most people. I believe they are still quite popular over there.

E: not necessarily quite popular but still much more so. Looks like 20% of NEW phones sold in 2015 were flip phones which seems high

I did not know this. Cool!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Allegedly, Japan's a country where people are known to reliably return lost wallets with all the money intact. What rotten luck for Tohru here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

He's just going to Penance Stare the thief to death we know how this goes now.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Can't believe I'm feeling bad for this dude.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I know right? If he has stole it a bit earlier he would have got another 20 bucks or so.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
drat, tohru

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Android Blues posted:

I did not know this. Cool!
Another fun fact is that most popular music including western stuff is still getting put out on cassette over there. It's because all the olds prefer them for their karaoke sessions.
Japan is weirdly backwards when it comes to some types of technology while they also have the most fancy toilets in the world.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Japan is an interesting example of extreme utilitarianism. It results in a lot of positive stuff like technological resources being funneled into public infrastructure like toilets and transportation systems, and also the obvious negatives like treating individuals like units of labor and raising people to believe their self worth is based on their worth to society.

im not nearly informed enough to talk about japanese politics, but thats the gist i get of it.

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Steak posted:

Japan is an interesting example of extreme utilitarianism. It results in a lot of positive stuff like technological resources being funneled into public infrastructure like toilets and transportation systems, and also the obvious negatives like treating individuals like units of labor and raising people to believe their self worth is based on their worth to society.

im not nearly informed enough to talk about japanese politics, but thats the gist i get of it.

japan has cartoons

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw i feel weird if my updates make up the majority of posts. please fill my thread with shitposts while i'm out before i update later :v:

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

LouisF posted:

japan has cartoons

excuse me pleb, it’s called glorious japanimation :goonsay:

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ziv Zulander posted:

excuse me pleb, it’s called glorious japanimation :goonsay:

they also have fight

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Very surprised we didn’t get a riajuu bakuhatsu shiro there

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ive wanted to draw something in a mock of this art style but its so not typical manga "pointy faces" that it feels insulting.

like this grifter looks like a lovely dude for real theres no "he has red eyes and blue hair which in japan means he is not to be trusted" or whatever color coded crap is way overused

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

LouisF posted:

ive wanted to draw something in a mock of this art style but its so not typical manga "pointy faces" that it feels insulting.

The art in this comic is pretty special. It looks pretty lovely, but in all reality it's pretty impressive. It's been a major inspiration for me lately.

Also I'd be pretty interested in seeing more of the sound fx, not translated and just having a footnote in the bottom for the translation.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

that pickpocket is pretty good with his hands if he can not only retrieve the envelope, but also its contents in the space of 1 second while wearing gloves no less

LouisF
Mar 16, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

The art in this comic is pretty special. It looks pretty lovely, but in all reality it's pretty impressive. It's been a major inspiration for me lately.

Also I'd be pretty interested in seeing more of the sound fx, not translated and just having a footnote in the bottom for the translation.

the only reason it is that way is because the artist and author is using a basic bamboo tablet and mspaint instead of the xxl-deluxe-o draw screen and adobe "imagine" or whatever stupid thing the latest make art easy good they released is.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

btw i feel weird if my updates make up the majority of posts. please fill my thread with shitposts while i'm out before i update later :v:

Fine. Neetcomic rules and you're a lazy poopyhead.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

yeah, i appreciate the art because he gets everything he needs out of such a small resolution.

as for sfx, i mean that'd be loads easier for me but im kinda proud of my sfx work so far and i think it looks really good with replaced sfx

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you

LouisF posted:

the only reason it is that way is because the artist and author is using a basic bamboo tablet and mspaint instead of the xxl-deluxe-o draw screen and adobe "imagine" or whatever stupid thing the latest make art easy good they released is.

I'm not insulting the art the the art at all. I just meant it's deceptively simple looking. I can only imagine all the work that goes into some of the crazy panels were the artist has to create so many great looking effects. Also in my head cannon the artist is some sort of masochist who draws everything with a mouse.

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah, i appreciate the art because he gets everything he needs out of such a small resolution.

as for sfx, i mean that'd be loads easier for me but im kinda proud of my sfx work so far and i think it looks really good with replaced sfx

E: I also totally appreciate how you've been doing sfx! They come out looking really great.

Johnny-on-the-Spot fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 16, 2019

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah I like the sfx too. You can always check the original comic to see what it used to be

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
having the sfx translated is rad, and I definitely appreciate the effort put into making it look like it fits

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Mr. Steak posted:

okay

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I'm imagining trying to read this at the one panel a day pace it was originally released at. Lots of days where all you get is a black square.

Thank you for not emulating that experience for us.

A_Account
Nov 29, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you seriously leaving us hanging for a week Steak? gently caress you, voted 1.

As someone already said, why am I feeling sorry for Tohru at all? 60+ pages in and I guess you're going to start getting invested in the main character.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's easy to feel sorry for him, he went to jail for witnessing his parents do a dual suicide after being disappointed in him. He's pretty much a goon

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

It's easy to feel sorry for him, he went to jail for witnessing his parents do a dual suicide after being disappointed in him. He's pretty much a goon

He was imminently planning to murder them and it was only through a random brain glitch from his mom that fate took a different path. Legally speaking he wasn't at fault (or at least shouldn't have been lol), but morally speaking he was completely rotten.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Is thief neet’s buddy from the clink? He’s got that mole on his nose and those eyes.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Devils Affricate posted:

He was imminently planning to murder them and it was only through a random brain glitch from his mom that fate took a different path. Legally speaking he wasn't at fault (or at least shouldn't have been lol), but morally speaking he was completely rotten.

he paid his debt to society. we have to give him another chance.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

he paid his debt to society. we have to give him another chance.

I agree, just saying he wasn't some random innocent victim at the time when his parents died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A_Account posted:

Are you seriously leaving us hanging for a week Steak? gently caress you, voted 1.

no lol