Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lightning Knight posted:

America deserves to burn.

you're just saying that because you want everyone else to share Texas' weather

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

What's he gonna do for an encore? Crash BronyCon next year?

He can't.

Brony-Con shut down.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Yeah he's *this* close to calling the NYT a filthy whore.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Young Freud posted:

He can't.

Brony-Con shut down.

Fuckin rip. Where are all the bronies going to go now?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Slowpoke! posted:

Is it legal to charge countries to fight wars for them? Are we mercenaries now?

I can't handle all this stupid bullshit, half the time I just think I'm crazy. He literally just said that, right? Like I'm not misinterpreting it? He literally just said he wants Saudi Arabia to pay us to fight wars for them?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Slowpoke! posted:

Is it legal to charge countries to fight wars for them? Are we mercenaries now?

I mean, I'm sure lots of quid pro quo happens when it comes to the application of force and ultimately there's trade/financial consideration there, but you're not supposed to outright admit it.

Also, I'm sure most of those agreements don't involve hotel/condo deals but this one will for some funny reason.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zotix posted:

The shane gillis stuff is blown way out of proportion. Who even watches SNL any more?

It averages around a 4.5 at loving 1130PM-1AM on Saturdays, which is pretty crazy

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Civilized Fishbot posted:

i watch as much bullshit tv as anyone else, i just don't watch saturday night live because im not sad and in my 40s. i'm sad and in my 20s

it's just not clear to me why this is news. do snl cast members get to launch nukes now? why did this hiring-background-check-firing process have to run as a story in every outlet

is there reason to believe that anyone checks his tweets before he fires them off?

A whole lot of people watch the show. Also, publicly shaming and deplatforming racist/transphobic/homophobic people is good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Lemming posted:

I can't handle all this stupid bullshit, half the time I just think I'm crazy. He literally just said that, right? Like I'm not misinterpreting it? He literally just said he wants Saudi Arabia to pay us to fight wars for them?

Sure did!

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

beejay posted:

A whole lot of people watch the show. Also, publicly shaming and deplatforming racist/transphobic/homophobic people is good.

But that poster doesn't like it and also Trump said it was failing!!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Every time this brainless moron says the dumbest thing he's ever said I think "this is it, this is as dumb as it gets" and then he always surprises me, and I think about having that thought over and over

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Mr_Meowwwgi/status/1173578561514614788

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Lemming posted:

America is now Outer Heaven.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Madkal posted:

Quick question about open carry laws from someone who comes from a sane country that doesn't have open carry laws. Is it against the law for someone to call the cops if they see someone else carrying a gun? Like, because I come from a sane country without open carry laws, if I were to go to an insane place that does have those laws, go into a shopping center or whatnot and see someone just happily walking by with their guns out in the open and I called the police saying "there is a guy walking around a shopping center with his gun in the open and please God I don't want to die today" would I be told "unless said person is actively shooting people there is nothing we can do?"

No, in fact if a black man is legally open-carrying, not only will the police not tell you there is nothing they can do, they will show up and murder him without warning to set an example for the others.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1173741312354467840?s=21

And of course nothing will happen.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1173737176183582720
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1173737471449939968

Bring it on, you old gently caress

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Willo567 posted:

Bring it on, you old gently caress

Yes, bring it on! Nancy Pelosi and crew don't gently caress around when it comes to impeachment!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MSNBC execs: Oh well, gawsh, a Republican senator is offering advice to the Dems. I'm sure he's arguing in good faith!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

beejay posted:

Yes, bring it on! Nancy Pelosi and crew don't gently caress around when it comes to impeachment!

Hell yeah!

Oh wait...awwww :(

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

that lean

I swear his lean angle has been getting more and more intense, I feel like recently it's pushing the boundaries of physics

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

nine-gear crow posted:

Away, I hope

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Lemming posted:

Ye-up.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Lemming posted:

lol no. Of course not. That would be ridiculous.

He wants Saudis to pay HIM.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Even if he got paid he would just do what he normally does and avoid doing anything after

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

They call themselves the alt-right now, op.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

that lean

I swear his lean angle has been getting more and more intense, I feel like recently it's pushing the boundaries of physics

his stomach helps keep his center of mass quite low

I feel like, as a goon, you should know this

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Data Graham posted:

I love this interpretation because of how low an opinion it implies the entire military leadership has of Trump's intelligence.

I mean that's the part that makes it most believable

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Even by Lindsey's standards this is pretty stupid. Being busy impeaching the President is kind of a weird thing to crow about as proof your guy did nothing wrong.

Less egregiously bad than Donald Trump isn't even a bar anyone acknowledges anymore than the one of being less wet than water.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gyges posted:

Even by Lindsey's standards this is pretty stupid. Being busy impeaching the President is kind of a weird thing to crow about as proof your guy did nothing wrong.

Nah it's accurate, the House isn't busy impeaching the president, it's just an excuse to not do anything about Kavanaugh.

This is like saying "it's pretty stupid to say Pelosi is refusing to impeach, look she said Trump is self-impeaching!"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

So what you're saying is Milo is gonna get like 50 white dude bros and dumpy incels to show up to a furry convention, be massive loud cocksmears for about 20 minutes and then get run out of Illinois by 1000 pissed off people dressed in fuzzy suits? What's he gonna do for an encore? Crash BronyCon next year?

Watching Milo and some Proud Boy incels get their asses handed to them by furries would be beyond hilarious :discourse:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Akumu posted:

America is now Outer Heaven.

Crenshaw bring a monstrous bastard like Big Boss/Venom.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

fool_of_sound posted:

They call themselves the alt-right now, op.

I’ve always been confused about the seemingly direct pipeline of Brony to Nazi. Was there something in the show about ethnically cleansing undesirable horses or something?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’ve always been confused about the seemingly direct pipeline of Brony to Nazi. Was there something in the show about ethnically cleansing undesirable horses or something?

I don't actually know, other than the one dude I knew in college who got super into ponies right as the brony crazy was kicking off is a full on 1488 nazi now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

I don't actually know, other than the one dude I knew in college who got super into ponies right as the brony crazy was kicking off is a full on 1488 nazi now.

whoever they are, their new favorite comedian is that shane guy.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I always thought the Brony thing was about wanting to like something to be different since FEMALES were invading the comic book space.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

fool_of_sound posted:

But... isn't it a kid's show about different, uh, races(?) of talking horses being friends? I feel like missing the message here would be akin to watching Sesame Street and concluding that different colored monsters can get along but that says nothing about humans!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/1173746693168402432

Thats gonna be a big strike

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Phobic Nest posted:

But... isn't it a kid's show about different, uh, races(?) of talking horses being friends? I feel like missing the message here would be akin to watching Sesame Street and concluding that different colored monsters can get along but that says nothing about humans!

Is there a pony-eating predator in the show, that's what bronies think black people are.

They don't see other colors of human as different-color humans, they think they're a different species. Diverse ponies getting along in their minds is like diverse white people from all over Europe (no Jews or Spaniards or Muslims) getting along.

This is for American bronies. Obviously European ones don't consider eg Poles or Hungarians to be the same species as Englishmen or whatever.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 17, 2019

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Need a god damned National strike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, Eddie Murphy has said some poo poo and he still gets to host, yea he deserves to get called a racist idiot for his dumb poo poo but it is kinda telling guys like Literally Donald Trump get to host and they smear some facepaint on Fred to be Obama and Tina Fey tells us fighting nazis is boring let's just eat cake, but this guy making stupid comments no one actually heard until they 'came to light' is a fireable offence because he's not a famous comedy person.

Like, yea it does feel kinda fake when they have been pimping having Eddy come to host this season to plug his almost certainly dull new special coming out. Raw was a pretty hilariously bigoted special in a lot of ways even for its time and I think it reached a lot more people.

I feel like it is very generational. As the discussion in comedy lately has gone, it just isn't practical to judge a comedians decade long career of work based off of contemporary standards, but also the writing has been on the wall for a while that if your comedy regularly hinges on tossing slurs around, you'll find more work in the 90s than the 2020s. Part of it probably is demographic, where every slur is just going to alienate a big segment of potential viewers for really zero benefit cuz if someone is legit funny, I guarantee they can tell a joke that doesn't hinge on yelling chink in some charicatured voice.

And yeah it is probably hypocritical (and tbh I hate snl, I have no interest in defending them), but I'm not going to fault them for trying to move things forward. I also wonder if they dug up more stuff separate from the main videos people found.