Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How come you didn't get the 8bitdo instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1173710176878125057?s=19

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

$50 for one old game seems harsh.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

"Only" the best RE but it has 5 and 6 in it?

E: Now if it was RE4, REmake and REmake 2....

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Leal posted:

He means that the cart is only RE4. 5 and 6 are digital download codes.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Leal posted:

"Only" the best as in it's another one of those cop-out physical editions where one piece (RE4, the best RE) is on the cart and the rest of the package is offered as downloads. Honestly don't know why there isn't more pushback against this practice, because it seems really dumb. CDPR, at least, has the decency to put all of Switcher on the cart itself.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh jeeze that is dumb.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RandomFerret posted:

How come you didn't get the 8bitdo instead

It’s cheaper and official. Of course it doesn’t have sticks but I personally don’t want sticks on a controller that’s trying to be an SNES one.

404notfound posted:

"Only" the best as in it's another one of those cop-out physical editions where one piece (RE4, the best RE) is on the cart and the rest of the package is offered as downloads. Honestly don't know why there isn't more pushback against this practice, because it seems really dumb. CDPR, at least, has the decency to put all of Switcher on the cart itself.

Capcom is putting everything on the cart for the Mega Man Z collection so maybe they’re learning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have they said how 5 will handle co-op/mp?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Amazon listing says it's online and local co-op

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Kirios posted:

Just pre-ordered the SNES classic controller AMA

As autumn draws in, what's a good wine to go with a seasonal lamb hotpot?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/1173658193592930304

This game has been $5 on Steam and PS4. The port added a loading screen when entering levels because version 1.0 had all sorts of slowdown just popping in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nintendo’s working on a sequel to the fitness ring already:

https://i.imgur.com/76q4u0B.mp4

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hey life time nintendo only players, dont get let these nerds fool you, resident evil 5 and 6 are good and fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Vikar Jerome posted:

hey life time nintendo only players, dont get let these nerds fool you, resident evil 5 and 6 are good and fun.

Resident evil 5 is okay 6 is really bad unless you love learning the how the broken combat system works for a mode most players would never play

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're both really fun co-op.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
6 is good and peak action resi but was too pure for this world and shunned with most people still unable to look past a flaw or 5

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
5 is much better than six.

It at least isn’t a chore to play

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Oh hell yeah, order placed. Thanks for posting this!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

6 is much better than any of the games before 4, and several of the games afterwards

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

5 and 6 are both worth at least 1 play each but not sure I'd want to go back to them again like with 4.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Vikar Jerome posted:

5 is stupid good in coop, but IMO don't bother if you're going to play with AI.

6 I couldn't get in to after loving the hell out of 5.

4 Is Good.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

oh i agree on that but dont agree on the chore parts. the end run of 5 is still an all timer imo.

i did enjoy 6 more on my 2nd playthrough when i did the chapters in chronological order most tho, despite the clashing gameplay switch ups.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Once you really get a grip on the core game mechanics the Mercs mode in 6 is actually pretty fun.

There’s no saving that main campaign though

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

The Bloop posted:

Is that plus shipping?

Did anyone buy the NES ones? Did they charge shipping & tax on top of the price?

just bought it and the total was 37.79

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

RandomFerret posted:

6 is much better than any of the games before 4, and several of the games afterwards

It might be better than Code Veronica. Maybe.

But I doubt it.

And it's certainly not as good as 7.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Six is probably my least favorite.

Though I never played dead aim

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Huxley posted:

SNES controllers went out of stock in about 5 minutes. I hit the twitter link about 5 seconds after it popped, the cart function timed out, and that was that.

Try again, just bought mine now.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah I bought mine like two hours after that page went up.

They really killed scalpers with the whole "have to have a Nintendo account, can buy one per account" thing

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Yeah I bought mine like two hours after that page went up.

They really killed scalpers with the whole "have to have a Nintendo account, can buy one per account" thing

Fine print says 4 per account for the SNES controllers. But yeah, get your point.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

I feel the complete opposite. 5 feels plodding and tedious when you have to manage your partner and their inventory the whole game. 6 removes this headache completely and offers much more variety in its combat and its campaign scenarios.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RandomFerret posted:

This is a really weird take, and I like 6.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Everything up to code veronica is unplayable today. poo poo like fixed camera angles and tank controls had their place, but they should have been dropped as soon as analogue controls became standard

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

5’s inventory blows. Slows the game down.

RE2 Remake looks amazing on Xbox and I’m excited for the new one.

Also, I declare this week Week of the Goose.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Tank controls and fixed cameras own, sorry

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
When I see a bunch of posts about whether 4, 5 or 6 are the best I immediately start typing about how *clearly* Final Fantasy 6 is the pinnacle of the franchise and...

...oh. Resident Evil? Those games are cool too I guess.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
I played RE2 for the first time last year and it's extremely playable today, I had a blast with it. RE3 is also still good although I didn't enjoy it as much. The original is pretty rough though, hard to justify when REmake exists.

Resident Evil 5 played co-op is legitimately as good of a game as RE4, but it's strengths are really different despite how superficially similar it looks.

Anyway those are my hot takes, hope you're all having a good evening

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RandomFerret posted:

Everything up to code veronica is unplayable today. poo poo like fixed camera angles and tank controls had their place, but they should have been dropped as soon as analogue controls became standard

Grim Fandango HD proved this the day it came out on PS4 with proper movement.
(Tank control is an option, and was only included at the insistence of Tim Schafer)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean saying that the old re games are unplayable is insane. Tank controls are wonky and annoying but not unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean saying that the old re games are unplayable is insane. Tank controls are wonky and annoying but not unplayable

I get the sense that people on the internet might exaggerate when they post