Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

khy posted:

But what are each of our crazy cheat powers
being able to derail any thread into an argument about anime or undertale(they're the same thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ever had a dream where you're in an episode of popular fictional universe?

Congratulations, that's an isekai in your mind.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

Every time I wake up I think, this can't be reality. The real world is an isekai.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Reincarnated in another world as a billionaire paedophile and I became the president!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Galvanik posted:

Every time I wake up I think, this can't be reality. The real world is an isekai.

According to the christian/islamic and a bunch of other faiths, everybody experiences an isekai when you die!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

According to the christian/islamic and a bunch of other faiths, everybody experiences an isekai when you die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svksroYDwhY

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

khy posted:

lurking

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

khy posted:

The ability to passively view other worlds and the actions of other isekai'd individuals from a semi-omniscient perspective. The visions are fragmented and appear in varying degrees of regularity although occasionally some just stop occurring completely.

just_a_person
Mar 13, 2019

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Reincarnated in another world as a billionaire paedophile and I became the president!

Special cheat power is whatever he tweet becomes true, but has a several year delay period.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266038556504494082

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
If this is an isekai, imagine how lovely the real world must have been.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Ever had a dream where you're in an episode of popular fictional universe?

Congratulations, that's an isekai in your mind.

NANI SORE?!

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Farscape is an isekai, fits the mold better than most:
Suddenly transported
Special powers
D&D party
constantly confused
Hot demihuman girls want his D
Constant pop-culture analogies

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

rip van winkle is an isekai

Rip van Winkle isn't a long enough period of time, it has to be long enough for there to be a massive cultural shift for it to be isekai

the most meaningful difference between the world he wakes up in and the one he fell asleep in is that he's old as hell

meanwhile in Planet of the Apes the world is now ruled by gorilla people, in Dr Stone 95% of humanity is statues and everything's basically destroyed, in NTHT climate change turbofucked everybody and warlords are using child soldiers to fight over the scraps

e: The Time Machine and A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court would be my calls for the first two recognizable proto-isekai

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 14, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Does Time Travel count as an Isekai?

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
The Shawshank Redemption is an isekai.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Apollo missions? Isekai.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Just had a nice refreshing napsekai, now I'm gonna isekai into the next room and pet the cat using my cheat skill (it's rubbing his chin)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm visiting London in November. That's an isekai.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Demolition Man starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes is non-ironically a time travel isekai.

Real question, is there a "good" isekai where the MC is an unrepentant piece of poo poo?

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

That Guy Bob posted:

Real question, is there a "good" isekai where the MC is an unrepentant piece of poo poo?
The Dungeon of the Black Company is an isekai whose main character is a lazy, greedy, selfish bastard who cuts corners, looks for get rich quick schemes, and would (probably) be willing to sell out his coworkers if it meant living it rich. It's pretty entertaining for a lot of the same reasons that Kaiji is entertaining (and in some ways I would describe the manga as "Kaiji gets Isekai'd"); It satirizes capitalism, the main character constantly gets into schemes and alternates between getting dunked on for doing stupid things and winning against "THE MAN". It does have one major flaw: it has the "little girl that's nearly naked but is actually <insert powerful ancient being here>" cliche.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

That Guy Bob posted:

Demolition Man starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes is non-ironically a time travel isekai.

There was isekai nursery or something where the guy becomes a summoner but all his summons are level 1 baby monsters and he’s a pretty lovely banker guy who scams people. It wasn’t great and got cancelled but it wasn’t awful either? The ending was cute iirc

E: https://mangadex.org/title/23004/dungeon-nursery

E:2 Oh lol that doesnt have eng scans whatever

Fellis fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Sep 15, 2019

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

That Guy Bob posted:

KonoSuba

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

That Guy Bob posted:

this man gets it

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
Akagi is an isekai, after his game of chicken, he is symbolically reborn into the underground world of high stakes mahjong. his cheat skill: he's a high functioning sociopath.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Reverse Isekai: dungeons full of monsters reincarnate into the modern world

https://mangadex.org/title/30442/bouken-ka-ni-narou-sukiruboudo-de-dungeon-kouryaku

Functionally its a fantasy story but they have blogs and cars to drive home after adventuring

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that's a fairly common premise, with by far the best of them being Solo Leveling imo

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Fellis posted:

Reverse Isekai: dungeons full of monsters reincarnate into the modern world

https://mangadex.org/title/30442/bouken-ka-ni-narou-sukiruboudo-de-dungeon-kouryaku

Functionally its a fantasy story but they have blogs and cars to drive home after adventuring

I initially misread this as the monsters in the dungeon getting Isekaied and having to live in the modern world Devil is a Part-Timer style. Which would have been far more interesting.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So is there a I'm a Demon King Reincarnated as a Salaryman!-type story yet?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So is there a I'm a Demon King Reincarnated as a Salaryman!-type story yet?
The Devil is a Part-timer! is the closest I can think of off the top of my head, although I guess it's more an Isekai than anything else.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

That Guy Bob posted:

I maintain that the protagonist of 80,000 gold coins is a total piece of dogshit but the story gives her a complete pass 100% of the time. She's decided to scam people with cheap items for a living, INTRODUCED MODERN WARFARE TO A MEDIEVAL FEUDAL SOCIETY. Nether of which had any negative repercussions weirdly, since the story is just that fluffy

khy
Aug 15, 2005

That Guy Bob posted:

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!

By the same author as Konosuba. The MC is an evil henchman who gets sent to another world. He has to perform evil deeds to earn evil points to spend on teleporting poo poo from the real world to the Isekai world in order to survive.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nathilus posted:

I maintain that the protagonist of 80,000 gold coins is a total piece of dogshit but the story gives her a complete pass 100% of the time. She's decided to scam people with cheap items for a living, INTRODUCED MODERN WARFARE TO A MEDIEVAL FEUDAL SOCIETY. Nether of which had any negative repercussions weirdly, since the story is just that fluffy

It’s not as bad as you might think. She doesn’t actually sell any weapons or use modern soldiers to invade or anything. And while her profit margins are enormous, the people buying feel that the price is fair for the local scarcity. If she priced them low, on the other hand, she would essentially ruin the market for the local producers of any similar goods.

We see in later chapters that there are other countries that do have muskets and cannons, and she doesn’t use violence against nations even when provoked, choosing other means of revenge.

All of FUNA’s protagonists are sometimes assholes, mind you, but 80k gold is much better than the Potions one.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Bakanogami posted:

It’s not as bad as you might think.

True. And since the story is fluffy, there's no asides about self-interested noblemen immediately beginning to research her warfare technologies and methodologies to use for their own gains as would likely happen IRL. Still conceptually not too hot. It's isekai imperialism basically, albeit of the narratively justified and defensive variety.

Team 80k Isekai World Police.

As a contrast re: how to ethically use modern tech as a superpower in an isekai without going violently mad with power, I think the won the lottery isekai works pretty well.

https://mangadex.org/title/20309/takarakuji-de-40-oku-atatta-ndakedo-isekai-ni-ijuu-suru

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 17, 2019

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

That Guy Bob posted:

The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious. Not much of the manga has been translated, but I've read volume 1 of the light novel it really gets good when the plot starts moving. It's getting an anime that starts next month.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What is the horniest isekai?

posting for a friend

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
There are a lot of candidates for that so I'm just going to post one of them.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
there was the isekai arc of the "i tried asking in dogeza"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What is the horniest isekai?

posting for a friend

isn't there a literal isekai sex worker

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
yeah chapter two just went up
though i imagine the ln translations are going quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The amateur fiction site the isekai boom got started from, Shosetsuka ni Narou, has a separate site specifically for R-18 rated series called Nocturne Novels. I don't think it gets much notice from English translators though, outside of the previously posted Sekkaku Cheat.