Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Browns are going to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Browns will lose.

After the game Mayfield, still concussed, will tweet that his linemen need to step it up and decide if they're in or out, because this is Browns football and you can't go halfway!

Later on that week he'll deny ever tweeting anything or say that people misread it.

Then a few days after that an unnamed source in the "Browns Organization” will say that's just Mayfield and ya gotta admire how he just wears his heart on his sleeve all the time, but the guys in the locker room clued him in and he for sure won't ever do it again!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Browns will win because losing to no sleep eyeball man and his backup QB feels like a bridge too far

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Tibalt posted:

I can't wait until the Browns move to Las Vegas and become a beloved local team who make the playoffs in their first year.

I'm sorry but the Raiders are not the Browns. Here is a handy list of the Browns 48 super bowl wins so you too can determine if the game you are watching is actually a Browns game.

The Browns have 48 championships? I've always been told the Browns suck." Well I'm sorry to say that your poor opinion of the Browns is founded in ignorance. Anyone who believes the Browns are losers obviously has a poor grasp of the NFL timeline, and the complicated history of our beloved franchise. Allow me to break it down for you.

From 1902 - 1919 The Browns won the Ohio league championship 18 times. For those not in the know the Ohio league was the precursor to the NFL. All Ohio league championships are NFL championships and are Super Bowl championships. All of the the Ohio league titles default to the Browns due to proximity to Cleveland. But what about the Bengals? The Bengals are the Browns Jr everyone knows that. Therefore all former Ohio league teams were and are the Browns.

1920 Akron Pros (Counts as a Browns championship due to proximity)
1922 Canton Bulldogs (Counts as a Browns championship due to becoming the Cleveland Bulldogs)
1923 Canton Bulldogs (Counts as a Browns championship due to becoming the Cleveland Bulldogs)
1924 Cleveland Bulldogs (Browns get the first three peat in NFL history!)
1935 The Lions are the Portsmith Spartans are the Browns
1945 Cleveland Rams (By transitive Properties this counts as a Browns victory)
1946 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1947 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1948 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1949 Browns win AAFC championship. (Superior league to the NFL so it counts over the NFL champion)
1950 Browns win NFL championship. (Merge with NFL drag along the 49ers, and crush inferior NFL competition)
1951 Rams win NFL championship. (Impossible for Cleveland to lose with two Browns reps in the final!)
1952 All Browns championship back to back.
1953 An all Browns championship three peat!
1954 Browns win another NFL championship
1957 Another all Browns title game the 50s rocked
1958 Colts win NFL title. (The Colts are the Ravens are the Browns)
1959 Colts win again Browns back to back NFL titles baby!
1964 Browns win NFL championship. Jim Brown carries Cleveland to yet another title.
1970 The Chiefs win SB ( Chiefs are the Dallas Texans who were the Dayton Triangles, who are the Browns.)
1971 Colts win another SB for the good guys.
1982 49ers win SB (AAFC team only in the NFL by backpacking on the Browns. Therefore a 49er win = a Browns win)
1985 49ers win SB. Another one for the old AAFC and the Browns.
1989 49ers win SB. Proving yet again why the Browns were the team of the 80s.
1990 49ers crush the Broncos 55-10. Browns gain revenge for loses in the 86 - 87 AFC championship games.
1995 49ers represent the AAFC once more in a dominate SB victory!
2000 Rams bring in the new millennium with yet another Browns SB title!
2001 Ravens help the Browns keep the streak alive into the 2000s!
2007 Colts bring the Browns another SB after a long six year drought.
2013 Ravens beat the 49ers (Another no lose game for the right to earn the Browns their 48th title)

There you have it. The storied history of the winningest franchise in the NFL. I hope that you have been enlightened, and educated by this informative post. A lot of research, and time went into finding the true championship history of the Cleveland Browns. I'd like to thank the Crimson Tide National Championship Trust for helping me compile this comprehensive list.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only thing to come out of Cleveland is lebron james

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

That’s Akron you fool and also Akron gave Steph Curry too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay Cleveland has given nothing good to the world and akron has only given us Lebron James

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Metapod posted:

Okay Cleveland has given nothing good to the world and akron has only given us Lebron James

I’m pretty sure the Goodyear blimps were originally from Akron so that’s two things

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Metapod posted:

That would be Akron

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Me trying to be nice to Cleveland by giving them credit for something

People from Ohio- nope Cleveland trash

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Ben is dead hail Satan.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

man akron sounds cool as hell

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

akron james from the Lakers.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cleveland is home to Steve Harvey aka the Lebron James of Comedy

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Halle Berry.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

man akron sounds cool as hell

GOJO is also in Akron, that’s where Purell comes from

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nope akron too

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Incase i get banned:

Ravens bitch

Watch Succession

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Cavauro posted:

akron james from the Lakers.

Now that’s chili

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1173373877302546432

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hahaha exactly what I came to post.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cleveland had good beer but my favorite brewery got bought out by AB.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Smiling Mandrill posted:

From 1902 - 1919 The Browns won the Ohio league championship 18 times. For those not in the know the Ohio league was the precursor to the NFL. All Ohio league championships are NFL championships and are Super Bowl championships. All of the the Ohio league titles default to the Browns due to proximity to Cleveland. But what about the Bengals? The Bengals are the Browns Jr everyone knows that. Therefore all former Ohio league teams were and are the Browns.

The best part of the Ohio League? There were three loving teams named Tigers! That wasn't confusing or anything!

They made it even worse by switching out the Tigers for Bengals, and considered themselves to be "really loving clever and stuff!"

gently caress Ohio!

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 17, 2019

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Eifert Posting posted:

Cleveland had good beer but my favorite brewery got bought out by AB.

is there no end to his crimes?????

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lol @ the local commentator saying Big Ben is one of the coolest players in the NFL

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

andy dalton is the best afcn qb now (lamar can't throw)

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
Andey

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lamar may end up being the next big great QB in the AFC Central if Baker can't get his poo poo together.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Andy has over 1,000 throws

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Cleveland Browns are going to play the Rams on Sunday Night.

Jesus Christ. I'm also going to be at that game live.

I should probably dress in black and bring cards and flowers for the funeral.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he's got over 2,000 throws

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's actually easier to just note the throws that weren't made by &e

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

When AJ Green comes back the Bengals' high powered offense is going to add 6 fumbles where for some reason he was just holding the ball out like when batman was holding that bomb and trying to find out where to throw it. Andy Dalton would know where to throw that succer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar was always better than baker

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Browns next 5 games are against teams currently 2-0.

And they're going to win them all!!!!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I can't wait until the Browns play the Bengals so that I can enjoy the feeling of winning again. Its going to be a rough 5 weeks. A lot of playoff teams are 2-6 in mid November right?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if you fire your coach midseason again all the losses stop counting so yes

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

Lamar was always better than baker

:hmmyes:

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Jackson is gong to fall apart once he starts playing better teams. The winner of our division will have 7 wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Jackson is gong to fall apart once he starts playing better teams. The winner of our division will have 7 wins.

This is so stupid. He wouldn't have done what he's done this year against the bad teams last year!