Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

bell jar posted:

these hypocrites couldn't even carry a motion to full term

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

bell jar posted:

This deserves an empty quote.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

bell jar posted:

:golfclap:

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

froglet posted:

If enough of it burns down, an electoral redistribution might trigger and unseat the likes of the Nats.
Lol if you think anything other than "The Greens did this with their tree hugger no burning off bullshit!"

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

bell jar posted:

:drat:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Australian reports that Chris Bowen has leadership ambitions.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Sydney media spent all day and all morning hyping a state government leadership spill.

The problem with the story is that there was only ever three votes behind it and was never actually going to happen. Journalists need to get off loving twitter.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Anidav posted:

Gormless worm member for Labor has spill ambitions, water wet.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I think having leadership ambitions is a prerequisite for a career in politics.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amethyst posted:

Sydney media spent all day and all morning hyping a state government leadership spill.

The problem with the story is that there was only ever three votes behind it and was never actually going to happen. Journalists need to get off loving twitter.

3 MPs publically announced the intention to spill, and the SMH article about it linked earlier explicitly said that there was no chance of it getting up.

Not sure what the problem is, or how it was related to Twitter.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Nice to see that when Albanese ultimately wet farts his way out of the job, someone even worse is waiting in the wings to take over.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Bill Shorten's just announced a class action into robo debt recovery, according to the Guardian.

https://twitter.com/murpharoo/status/1173796523047415808?s=19

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

:wow:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Resident Idiot posted:

Bill Shorten's just announced a class action into robo debt recovery, according to the Guardian.

lol if he's a better leader than Albo even when not leader.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol if he's a better leader than Albo even when not leader.

Watch closely as Albo sides with the govt on this and shoots it down

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

no poo poo

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
In other, sadder news, the wife of Greens Senator Janet Rice, Dr Penny Whetton passed away last week. She was the lead author on several IPCC reports, so we've also lost one of the best climate scientists.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/political_alert/status/1173804947088920576?s=19

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/traagsmahal/status/1173787082692513793

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1173760505384599552

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Guardian blog says there's going to be a Senate inquiry into the family court system, with Hanson as deputy chair, sounds like we can look forward to seeing MRA talking points in a government report

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill Shorten keeps on proving himself to be a doomed messiah.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

bandaid.friend posted:

Guardian blog says there's going to be a Senate inquiry into the family court system, with Hanson as deputy chair, sounds like we can look forward to seeing MRA talking points in a government report

The real question is how do you transcribe drunken swear-sobbing in your trackies from the steps outside court

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
"unjust enrichment" is a phrase worth remembering

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

fauna posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-17/victorian-premier-to-become-highest-paid-state-leader-pay-rise/11520214

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Index welfare to politician pay rises now imo

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Welfare + min wage + politician wage

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
a really cool thing to do as an unemployed tranny is to have your job services place ask if you need them to help you with new clothes for this skills thing they have you doing (read: unpaid labour for the business the "training" is taking place at), only for them to tell you to go get a quote from a menswear place

because i'm a man, see, even though she's been calling me [female legal name] for the preceding forty minutes of the appointment

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im sorry your experience is so poo poo =/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'll lead you to the promised land.

Box of Bunnies posted:

a really cool thing to do as an unemployed tranny is to have your job services place ask if you need them to help you with new clothes for this skills thing they have you doing (read: unpaid labour for the business the "training" is taking place at), only for them to tell you to go get a quote from a menswear place

because i'm a man, see, even though she's been calling me [female legal name] for the preceding forty minutes of the appointment

This loving sucks, I'm sorry. Do they do this out of actively dismissing things you're telling them or out of some "well if you want a job this is what you have to do" type poo poo?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Oh no poo poo, eighty percent of parentnext payment suspensions were fraudalant

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/15/parentsnext-80-of-recipients-who-had-payments-suspended-not-at-fault-data-shows

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Imagine having a job where you can get away with an 80% failure rate.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

JBP posted:

Do they do this out of actively dismissing things you're telling them or out of some "well if you want a job this is what you have to do" type poo poo?

Who even knows. They have a certain amount to help you out with getting new clothes for interviews or if you're starting a job or, I guess, if you're doing some training through them. About a decade ago I was doing some thing with the same service where they sent a group of us out to a bunch of different stores like Big W and some specific clothing stores and stuff to get quotes for clothes for interviews and then paid that for us

This particular instance I've agreed to do this cleaning training thing because sure, it's free labour wherever they have us working, but it's also some professional practice I haven't really had before and I have nothing else doing so like :shrug: but then she got to the point where she was supposed to offer the clothes service and because I look and sound like a man because I'm a pathetic joke of a tranny she was just like "go check out the nearby menswear store for some suitable clothing." I honestly think she didn't even realise what she did, like if it was anyone that actually naturally read as a woman she wouldn't have been like "Yeah, hit up the Lowes and get back to me," there'd be other stores they have arrangements with, it's just my particular bullshit and why i had no business pretending to be a woman in the first place when obviously nobody is falling for it

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This is what bill is

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Resident Idiot posted:

Unjust enrichment is an interesting choice. I’m not aware of any cases where it has been used against administrators like this.

fauna posted:

What about “conscious maladministration”?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Malapropriate administration

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What's up with NBN plans, I swear NBN 100 was about 69 to 79 dollars a few months back and now I'm moving house and every ISP under the moon is absolutely offering 89.99 across the board.

Where is, the competition. Only one below 89 bucks is Kogan at 85 but I dunno if I want to support some dropshipping oligarch?

ISP refuses to grandfather my old plan at the old rate.

gently caress this country.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*smells farts*

Ah yes, the free market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017