Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buy an 8bitDo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The next Tetris 99 event is kirby skin, looks really cute, from the 20th to 24th according to the news channel.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

abraxas posted:

Apparently you can't order the SNES controllers in Germany yet which makes me.... mad? sad? It makes me have emotions! And I don't like having emotions! I like having SNES controllers, damnit!

Not available in the UK either it looks like.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Still better than bloody Norway or Sweden that will never see either NES or SNES controllers. It's all due to the lovely company that distributes their hardware and games over here. Bergsala are incompetent shitheads that have been loving us over ever since they scored the deal back in the NES days.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Now I want it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

Still better than bloody Norway or Sweden that will never see either NES or SNES controllers. It's all due to the lovely company that distributes their hardware and games over here. Bergsala are incompetent shitheads that have been loving us over ever since they scored the deal back in the NES days.
remember all those cool club nintendo rewards you got for redeeming the little vouchers that came with all your games growing up?

me neither :smith:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One of the minor reasons I prefer to buy games digitally is because the money gets payed to Nintendo Germany. Pure spite.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

At least you got Ufouria.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bushisms.txt posted:

Re7 is the worst modern re for being just a straight forward outlast take on re1.

Outlast: a game where you run from scary stuff because you can't fight back

Resident Evil 7: a game with multiple weapons, detachable limbs, and the only similarity being the first person view

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

RE7 dlc also lets you just fist-fight zombies and bosses

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ufouria was good af

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lotion Tester posted:

At least you got Ufouria.

Now this guy knows where it's at!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cartoon Violence posted:

Remember me from a couple of days ago? I beat Mario 3, I used an infinite flight raccoon powerup on the map to fly over the final level and then defeated Bowser without getting hit.

I'm playing Mario World now and my skills at 2D Platformers are starting to improve. I've managed to beat all the normal and secret levels of the starter island and Donut Plains without the use of rewind. I accidentally discovered an entrance to the Star World while looking for the normal exit of a secret ghost house, I also accidentally discovered the "Super Secret Area" while trying to cheese the obnoxious ghosts in the beginning of the first ghost house. I am growing stronger.

I also am continuing my playthrough of the Metroid games in story order. I read the full synopsis of the official prequel manga as well. I'm playing Metroid Prime 1 right now completely blind. I had no idea it was an atmospheric exploration game with only occasional killing aliens! Only just got past the tutorial station. Good stuff so far.

I think, if you haven't already, you should give Mario Maker 2 a chance. If you're enjoying Mario platforming and are looking to make your skills even better, that's the game for you. And don't think that the amount of hot garbage stages online will be a deterrent; there are WELL over 1000 goon-made, higher-quality, actually thought out stages, all available from a goon-made website. Definitely check it out.

Also, I can't stress enough just how amazingly wonderful the 8bitdo SN30 Pro is, and I'll bet the Pro+ is even better, with the grips and the app to rebind literally anything.

I foresee 8bitdo talk becoming the new Retropi talk...

Unreal_One posted:

Exposition during combat is way better than exposition in long cutscenes of people just talking, especially for plots that don't matter.

RE4's Krauser QTE 'fight' is possibly my least enjoyed moment in the entire game. 'Oh, I missed a button prompt, so I have to listen to the whole exchange all over again...' :smith:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Just finished Steamworld Heist, what a fantastic game. Much longer than I expected it to be too.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lodin posted:

I think you can just order the stuff from the UK or German shops and they'll just ship that poo poo to you. I know this since Finland is also Bergsala's turf and we had no problems ordering stuff outside of their area.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bushisms.txt posted:

The next Tetris 99 event is kirby skin, looks really cute, from the 20th to 24th according to the news channel.

Yes!! I'm so happy the only skin I missed was the Three Houses one, it never really looked good.

Von Linus posted:

I'll check France when I get home.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MZ posted:

Just finished Steamworld Heist, what a fantastic game. Much longer than I expected it to be too.

Steamworld Dig2, Quest, and Heist are all such different genres it's frankly amazing that one small dev made them all and they're all loving excellent

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Listen, Nintendo, it's simple: give me Axelay on the SNES, and I'll buy the overpriced Zelda gameboy game remake!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I foresee 8bitdo talk becoming the new Retropi talk...

Oh, it's already a lot more obnoxious than the retropi stuff ever was.

But that's because the snes mini actually had something to offer over the raspberry pi

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Lodin posted:

Comes with being a Swedish company. :colbert:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Von Linus posted:

France hasn't got it showing up anywhere either.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Best switch game for $4.99 (the amount of gold coins I have), go!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Kero Blaster is on sale for $4.99 right now

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Oh, it's already a lot more obnoxious than the retropi stuff ever was.

But that's because the snes mini actually had something to offer over the raspberry pi

Yeah, but the SN30 Pro is both a SNES knock-off and a good replacement for a Pro controller.

Wait, is this bait?

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Downwell or Kuso. I think I only paid $1 or 2 for Kuso when I got it though (it’s currently $5)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Doom II

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The main good thing about the SN30 pro is it's usually 20-30 dollars cheaper than a pro. It's Dpad is better but surprisingly not actually all that good itself. Not being able to boot the system and having to use another controller, then go to the controller order menu to put the SN30 pro into player 1 is a real hassle and you have to do it every time.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They also just released the SN30 Pro+ which is $50. I like it better because it has grips and feels better in my hands, plus it seems like they finally fixed the dpad issues. It's like the SN30 Pro and DualShock 4 had a baby

I use it for PC though so I still bought a SNES controller last night :smugdog:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Leal posted:

"Only" the best RE but it has 5 and 6 in it?

E: Now if it was RE4, REmake and REmake 2....

6 is the best one by far

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yes!! I'm so happy the only skin I missed was the Three Houses one, it never really looked good.

The skin itself is bland, but the music does a good job of getting me pumped up enough to Tetris Maximus.

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Kero Blaster is on sale for $4.99 right now

Hell yeah, seconded. I loved Kero Blaster. So much character!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

No Reload Heroes is really fun multiplayer

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's not on sale afaik or anything but I finished Wandersong earlier and it's pretty good! It gave me Paper Mario vibes most of the way through it. It's mostly a light platformer with a singing mechanic you use to interact with most things (and annoy people).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The main good thing about the SN30 pro is it's usually 20-30 dollars cheaper than a pro. It's Dpad is better but surprisingly not actually all that good itself. Not being able to boot the system and having to use another controller, then go to the controller order menu to put the SN30 pro into player 1 is a real hassle and you have to do it every time.

I found a place that sells these and am thinking of picking it up! Any other downsides that I should be aware of? I don't like the stiffness of the wireless JoyCons so am looking around for an alternative, and a pro controller is exp af, like more than twice the price of an SN30 exp.

Though this no booting thing sounds like a pain too, since I put my machine to sleep quite often.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Artelier posted:

I found a place that sells these and am thinking of picking it up! Any other downsides that I should be aware of? I don't like the stiffness of the wireless JoyCons so am looking around for an alternative, and a pro controller is exp af, like more than twice the price of an SN30 exp.

Though this no booting thing sounds like a pain too, since I put my machine to sleep quite often.

You can still put it to sleep with the SN30 Pro, I don't know if that's specifically what you're talking about.

My only issue (when primarily using the SN30, I just press the power button on the Switch, so controller order isn't really a thing for me) is that you definitely, definitely need to update the firmware. Since updating to the latest version, I'm having zero lag no matter if I'm playing solo or with someone else using joycons.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrU2fwodeXk

These did more to sell me on a Lite than Nintendo's own marketing, but uh I'll still wait it out a few months to see how build quality checked out and maybe some better colors available.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It really shouldn't have that much bezel. I get it for the regular Switch, but when the joycons are built in the whole thing should be much sleeker.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Vegetable posted:

It really shouldn't have that much bezel. I get it for the regular Switch, but when the joycons are built in the whole thing should be much sleeker.

The less bezel you have the more fragile the device becomes, since the lite is aimed at children durability is of paramount importance so the thick bezel makes a lot of sense.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You can still put it to sleep with the SN30 Pro, I don't know if that's specifically what you're talking about.

My only issue (when primarily using the SN30, I just press the power button on the Switch, so controller order isn't really a thing for me) is that you definitely, definitely need to update the firmware. Since updating to the latest version, I'm having zero lag no matter if I'm playing solo or with someone else using joycons.

From my understanding, AlBorlantern is saying that I can't get the Switch out of sleep with the SN30 Pro, so I will either need a JoyCon nearby or to get to the console itself (and for them, they need to switch controllers around too - definitely a hassle).

Wireless play is fine right? And firmware updates through Windows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Dang it, was trying to keep an eye out for the Nintendo SNES controller and missed it launching last night :argh:

In any case, I'm excited for Link's Awakening and Untitled Goose Game Friday, thugh not sure which I'll play first (Probably Link's Awakening until Goose Game downloads)